Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Robbie Aviles suffers arm injury days before draft...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

porcello94

Aug 9, 2009
MarlinsManiac20 said:
goblue6919 said:
He was playing my high school's varsity team when it happened.

It seems to me that it wasn't a one pitch and boom something happened. The day before Suffern called the game due to "lightning" even though I was almost in Suffern and it was sunny and our team was already there. My friends who are on the team even took pictures and a video of how nice the weather was in Suffern. I'm pretty sure Suffern did that to give Aviles another day since he was supposed to be pitching on 3 days rest.

The next day he threw 12 pitches in which he was throwing 95. He then came out of the game due to a "pulled groin" although now we know and it was obvious that it was a cover up. Personally I think that his arm was bothering him but he didn't want to skip a start and get all 30 mlb scouts that were there nervous so he threw half an inning and then left the game due to an injury that would not scare away scouts.

Really sucks for him, I've heard he's got some attitude problems and has awful grades in school.

He's a filthy pitcher though, but my 20 AFLACS are not happy.
I don't get it why a top school like Florida would want someone with terrible attitude and a 2.0 gpa. If I ran a college I would rather have another kid with a 3.3 or better attend than some pitching prospect with the above traits. Just my opinion, I do hope all works out for him though.

I (pitch) play for mamaroneck highschool (as goblue stated). When the game started, our leadoff hitter hit a sharp grounder to short and we all knew something seemed kinda weird as he kept yelling at himself, while our gun at him at 86 all warmups and to the leadoff hitter. In addition, his slider, which is said to be potentially mlb average-plus was not doing a thing. To our 2nd hitter, he turned it up to another level and every gun in the park had him at 95, while he walked our guy on 4 pitches that weren't even close. After the walk, his coaches (one of which was his dad) came out to the mound, discussed the situation, and finally made the decision to take him out. While walking off, he did in fact seem to limp off, and we were told it was a groin strain. After the game, our catcher (a big time d1 recruit) went over and spoke with Robbie. Robbie had his arm all wrapped up and he told our catcher it was his elbow.

For Marlinsmaniac, I already think you're an idiot and can't stand a thing you say, especially after your whole pming me b.s., and I'm going to disagree with you here. A school like Florida would take him because he is an incredible special talent, and, to be frank, there really aren't many kids that have the ideal makeup of a student-athlete, while being as talented as Aviles. He doesn't actually have that bad of an attitude, but he's going to need to be a little less temperamental in the future in order to stay focused.

All in all, when he came out, while it was great for our team, my heart actually sank for the kid. I don't care how much of a dick someone is (I don't think he actually is) I would never want to see someone with such an exciting future lose it. I thought he popped something, which would have been even worse.

For those who don't know, it is a slight MCL tear, which, while it doesn't require surgery, can take a few months.

I think his draft status won't necessarily plummet, but I'm not an expert on the draft.

Members online

No members online now.