Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Royals fans stuffing the All-Star ballot boxes; Lead in 8 of 9 positions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
Luckily the game doesn't matter that much (XXyyyXX).. if the team that gets 4 home games played them all at the start then it would matter (XXXXyyy). 4 possible WS endings would be in 4,5,6,7 games.

ending in 4 XXyy - 2 home games a piece, even.
ending in 5 XXyyy - edge to losing asg team.
ending in 6 XXyyyX - 3 each, even.
ending in 7 XXyyyXX - edge to winning asg team.

so many rule changes, hopefully the playoffs do this 2-3-2 split still, if not then disregard.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Because it's not about who you voted for, it's about who is leading in votes, votes that even you have admitted are a farce.

What exactly would you have me do about all of the fans that are taking advantage? Give each a visit and beat them up? Come on now, there's nothing I can do about it, except say that I don't think it's right.

You need to grow the **** up man. Seriously. Or you won't be enjoying this much longer.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
What AL catcher should have more votes than Salvy? Curious not the top offensive C, but great with the bat and the best defensive C in the AL.

I'm an A's hater but Vogt is having a really good year. I think Alex Gordon should be voted in, I thought he was going to be a bust but he's really become a great left fielder with a good arm. Someone said Hanley earlier? Bro gimme some of the grass u smokin, I don't know who is gonna rep the Sox, they're awful :D:D

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I'm an A's hater but Vogt is having a really good year. I think Alex Gordon should be voted in, I thought he was going to be a bust but he's really become a great left fielder with a good arm. Someone said Hanley earlier? Bro gimme some of the grass u smokin, I don't know who is gonna rep the Sox, they're awful :D:D

I would agree that Vogt is having an excellent year with the bat. He's nowhere close to Salvy, behind the plate though. Catching is about defense first. Anything you get with the bat, is just a bonus.

Definitely nice seeing Vogt come around this year.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I would agree that Vogt is having an excellent year with the bat. He's nowhere close to Salvy, behind the plate though. Catching is about defense first. Anything you get with the bat, is just a bonus.

Definitely nice seeing Vogt come around this year.

I think he'd make it as a reserve at best. The A's only have one all star, of course Sonny Gray might be the best pitcher in baseball right now

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Apparently the KC vote craze extends to former Royals as well. How does Aoki pass Stanton on the NL side for 3rd place for outfielders behind Harper and Holliday.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I can assure you KC fans are not voting for Aoki. Maybe there's some international voters, or SF fans are doing the same?

I don't agree with the process and how it is being taken advantage of. It is what it is though, and if any fanbase is going to exploit it, and make a statement, may as well be mine.

Wait, theory said I do support it. Guess I need to change my mindset. I'll ponder this dilemma throughout the day.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I can assure you KC fans are not voting for Aoki. Maybe there's some international voters, or SF fans are doing the same?

I don't agree with the process and how it is being taken advantage of. It is what it is though, and if any fanbase is going to exploit it, and make a statement, may as well be mine.

Wait, theory said I do support it. Guess I need to change my mindset. I'll ponder this dilemma throughout the day.

More delusion. You just can't get it through your head that it's not Royals fans doing this, can you. You truly believe that it's the Royals fanbase doing this, and THAT is what is hilarious. First you act like it is possible that 5 Royals would have made the 9 starter spots, when NONE would have made it if not for this voting manipulation, now you are acting like it's 'just Royals fans taking advantage of the 35 votes per-email address' thing and not just 4Chan dolts trying to fill the A.L. roster with Royals and get a past-Royal on the N.L. roster for ****s and giggles like when they got Peyton freaking Hillis on the cover of Madden football. If it were my team this was happening to, I would be pissed and embarrassed over the circus act, not embracing it and acting like it's because my team, it's players and their fans are so awesome... but that's because I'm not a delusional weirdo.

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
This situation really throws a monkey wrench in the "All-Star game appearances matter to Hall of Fame worthiness". This will knock off an AS appearance from many worthy players while adding an AS appearance to many who are unworthy. This is just a microcosm as to why AS games shouldn't mean much when evaluating Hall-worthiness.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
What AL catcher should have more votes than Salvy? Curious not the top offensive C, but great with the bat and the best defensive C in the AL.

I would place Perez at the top but I could see why others think Vogt should be leading in votes, so I misspoke about none of the Royals should be leading the votes. The Royals are one of my favorite teams to watch but they are not a team with popular stars. They are possibly the best team at run prevention but of their deserving players, there are strong arguments to be made over them at every position.

This situation really throws a monkey wrench in the "All-Star game appearances matter to Hall of Fame worthiness". This will knock off an AS appearance from many worthy players while adding an AS appearance to many who are unworthy. This is just a microcosm as to why AS games shouldn't mean much when evaluating Hall-worthiness.

Truth.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
In all honesty, the only Royals player I believe could even be in the discussion for an All-Star starting nod is Salvador Perez, and that is a tough one since Vogt and Martin are having very good seasons. But as popularity goes, Perez would be a fine fan choice to start over those two. That said, Hosmer, Infante, Escobar, Moustakas, Cain, Gordon and Morales should be nowhere near the leading vote-getters at their respective positions. Great players, just not all that popular, and this is a popularity vote. The current vote tallies are a fraud being perpetrated by bored 4Chan members, not a rabid Royals fanbase.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
In all honesty, the only Royals player I believe could even be in the discussion for an All-Star starting nod is Salvador Perez, and that is a tough one since Vogt and Martin are having very good seasons. But as popularity goes, Perez would be a fine fan choice to start over those two. That said, Hosmer, Infante, Escobar, Moustakas, Cain, Gordon and Morales should be nowhere near the leading vote-getters at their respective positions. Great players, just not all that popular, and this is a popularity vote. The current vote tallies are a fraud being perpetrated by bored 4Chan members, not a rabid Royals fanbase.

And that statement is valid. There are arguments against all, especially Moose, Infante and Morales. I've never said any of the 5 I voted for were the best. I stated the reasons why I voted, and believe they should be in the discussion.

I never said Hosmer was better than Miggy at the plate. That's not debatable. I did say he is better in the field and on the base paths. It all boils down to what you prefer in a game. A home run derby game, is boring to me. I like great pitching, awesome defense and the excitement that comes from taking the extra base.

Others like the HR's and scoreboard lighting up, and that's your prerogative.

As I said in the beginning, we are all entitled to our opinions. No one EVER agrees on the all star rosters, each season.

Members online