Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*******Saturday Morning Thread*******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Wow!! Finally caught up, you chatty Kathy's!! :lol:

Good morning from dreary Tulsa. Draining the pool today. Not gonna dip in at 70 degrees. Ain't gonna happen. Gotta keep the blinds closed so the boys don't see the pool going down, down, down. ::facepalm::

My one and ONLY bingo experience... short story, I promise. Wife and I on a cruise ship, bored, decided to go play bingo, never had. Bought 2 $10 cards, sat down. 1 game, 1 win, $1,000. :D Paid for a good chunk of the trip. Never played again.

Just checking to see if Wake had any Tek cards... nope he doesn't. I think I'm glad about that.

Art- sorry to hear about the horse. Hope your gf's sis is ok. That's tough.

So I'm sad to report that I am thoroughly addicted to the Star Wars Complete Saga game. ::facepalm:: Gavin and I enjoy playing together, it's a great 2-player game.

I'll be on for the draft tomorrow night!! :)

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
George_Calfas said:
JackLondon said:
Morning all,

Not sure what we'll do today. Hopefully nothing that requires a lot of brain power. Tired this morning. We do have books due at the library today, so we better get those dropped off.

By the way, might make a general post about this, but wanted to get your opinions on an ebay feedback situation. Nothing huge, but a few days ago I received a card from ebay and it had .58 postage due. Not a large amount, but somewhat annoying. I emailed the seller right away to let him know about it and he still hasn't answered the email. He has 100% positive, so this doesn't happen often, but it kinda bugs me that he hasn't responded. Was thinking about leaving a neutral, mainly due to the non-response. I can't see my way to leaving a positive, even with DSR qualifiers. So, my question is:

Should I leave a neutral, or no feedback at all?

JL, suck but this happened to me a few months back. I looked at the closing auction price and decided I had gotten a good deal and just decided not to leave feedback. Link to the auction if you dont mind?

Here it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170378424018#ht_500wt_1182

I will give a couple more days to give him a chance to respond, but since the card looked fine, wouldn't feel right giving a negative.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
JackLondon said:
George_Calfas said:
JackLondon said:
Morning all,

Not sure what we'll do today. Hopefully nothing that requires a lot of brain power. Tired this morning. We do have books due at the library today, so we better get those dropped off.

By the way, might make a general post about this, but wanted to get your opinions on an ebay feedback situation. Nothing huge, but a few days ago I received a card from ebay and it had .58 postage due. Not a large amount, but somewhat annoying. I emailed the seller right away to let him know about it and he still hasn't answered the email. He has 100% positive, so this doesn't happen often, but it kinda bugs me that he hasn't responded. Was thinking about leaving a neutral, mainly due to the non-response. I can't see my way to leaving a positive, even with DSR qualifiers. So, my question is:

JL, suck but this happened to me a few months back. I looked at the closing auction price and decided I had gotten a good deal and just decided not to leave feedback. Link to the auction if you dont mind?

Here it is:

I will give a couple more days to give him a chance to respond, but since the card looked fine, wouldn't feel right giving a negative.
Wow so that card now cost you 3.58 total LOL
I would not even worry to much about it if it was me.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
morning Dave. don't stay up too late Sunday night you are returning to the rotation Monday night against the Royals in Kansas City.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
George_Calfas said:
JL, I would let is pass imo unless the card arrived PWE.

I probably will let it go, but will not buy from seller again unless he finally responds with a "Sorry about that."(Maxwell Smart voice) :)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
muskiesfan said:
George- How's the family doing? You're a PSA member right? It won't be anytime too soon, but would I be able to piggyback a submission with you sometime? Teawolves has a Dunn Button from Limited. How cheap can you get him to go on that? Just joking :lol:

We are great, going through another growth spurt, Chas be prepared for those buddy!
Darrend505 has some cards here right now as well waiting on a $5 PSA special, just let me know and I can tell you the details.
As for Teawolves, since I stopped spending real money with him my "buddy" discount is tiny. He is tough with buttons as well since he own a TON of them, we will get something figured out.

How goes it your way, any plans this weekend?

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Pine Tar said:
JackLondon said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1v8iclhk]
JackLondon said:
Morning all,

Here it is:

I would not even worry to much about it if it was me.[/quote:1v8iclhk]

That is the usual amount I pay for most Fregosi cards! :D

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Pine Tar said:
JackLondon said:
[quote="George_Calfas":2mn9g7f7]
JackLondon said:
Morning all,

Here it is:

I would not even worry to much about it if it was me.[/quote:2mn9g7f7]
See, now this is where I guess I differ from most people. This seems to be a common debate on the
boards. It doesn't matter to me how much you pay for a card. To me, it's a matter of customer service.

There is no excuse for a single card in a toploader to arrive postage due. Again, JMHO.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
chashawk said:
Pine Tar said:
JackLondon said:
[quote="George_Calfas":hlxcogfp]
JackLondon said:
Morning all,

Here it is:

I would not even worry to much about it if it was me.
See, now this is where I guess I differ from most people. This seems to be a common debate on the
boards. It doesn't matter to me how much you pay for a card. To me, it's a matter of customer service.

There is no excuse for a single card in a toploader to arrive postage due. Again, JMHO.[/quote:hlxcogfp]

1000% correct, however that is why there are the rating stars now. Did the card arrive timely and safe, if so I say give him a 1 star for shipping rate and 1 star for communication. With the new rules these are just as important as negative feedback, imho

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
George_Calfas said:
muskiesfan said:
George- How's the family doing? You're a PSA member right? It won't be anytime too soon, but would I be able to piggyback a submission with you sometime? Teawolves has a Dunn Button from Limited. How cheap can you get him to go on that? Just joking :lol:

We are great, going through another growth spurt, Chas be prepared for those buddy!
Darrend505 has some cards here right now as well waiting on a $5 PSA special, just let me know and I can tell you the details.
As for Teawolves, since I stopped spending real money with him my "buddy" discount is tiny. He is tough with buttons as well since he own a TON of them, we will get something figured out.

Do you mind letting me know if there's a special as well? I have some base cards I think I'd
like to grade. Chipper, Barry Sanders, Troy Aikman rookies. A 91 UD MJ maybe?

Do you think it would be worth it to grade any of those?

I do make full use of the star ratings as well. Don't know if people look at them, but I certainly do.

Personally, I would leave a Pos., but if he doesn't respond, I would mention the post due in my feedback.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
UPDATE
Wow, good thing I checked my other email. Seller refunded .58 the day I emailed him. Glad I am someone who ruminates over this stuff and doesn't fly off the handle. Will be leaving a nice positive for him now. :)

Note to self: ALWAYS check both ebay email AND paypal email accounts when there is a problem ::facepalm:: :oops:

I blame my oversight on the following: age (of course), the pain medications, the state budget woes of California and the current phase of the moon.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
chashawk said:
George_Calfas said:
muskiesfan said:

Do you mind letting me know if there's a special as well? I have some base cards I think I'd
like to grade. Chipper, Barry Sanders, Troy Aikman rookies. A 91 UD MJ maybe?

Do you think it would be worth it to grade any of those?

I do make full use of the star ratings as well. Don't know if people look at them, but I certainly do.

Personally, I would leave a Pos., but if he doesn't respond, I would mention the post due in my feedback.

I think all PC cards are worth grading due to protection.

The star ratings are what will get sellers suspending from operations, it is not a matter if the buyer sees them (just like feedback) it is the automated Ebay system.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
If I miss out on the PSA authentication deal for autos this month I am gonna be sick, and I only have like 5-6 to send...

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
George_Calfas said:
I think all PC cards are worth grading due to protection.

The star ratings are what will get sellers suspending from operations, it is not a matter if the buyer sees them (just like feedback) it is the automated Ebay system.
Protection is def. something I had in mind. Also, I would just like to find out how good my eye
is for deciding card condition. I would imagine the 9 and 10 Pop. is pretty high for the cards I mentioned.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Chas you are so right. I was not saying he should have to pay anymore then he already
did, nor was I implying he only paid a buck for the card, so what was the big deal either. Sometimes things like this just happens.
I got a package from a board member for free. I gladly paid the 2.15 it was due on it.
I never said a thing to him, hey he was giving somethings for free. I know his is a different situation though.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
MojoDan said:
If I miss out on the PSA authentication deal for autos this month I am gonna be sick, and I only have like 5-6 to send...

Dan, you have a week and a half, DONT mess this up. I talked to PSA this deal will not be back at this price or non-members for a LONG time.

Chas, if you are keeping them dont worry about the POP.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
George_Calfas said:
MojoDan said:

Dan, you have a week and a half, DONT mess this up. I talked to PSA this deal will not be back at this price or non-members for a LONG time.

Chas, if you are keeping them dont worry about the POP.

Yeah I gotta find a way to swing this...hopefully makes some sales this weekend.

Members online