Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Saw it. Wanted it. Bought it. Superfractor purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Not sure if I will be able to flip it, but I have some measure of confidence in the hitter.

Paid $765 shipped for the Alex Liddi autograph superfractor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 174wt_1139

448-1.jpg

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Maybe a little high compared to what his other cards sell for, but I still think that's a pretty good price. He's gonna turn out to be a decent ballplayer. Are you hoping to flip or would you be just as happy keeping it a a PC addition?

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Wow - I personally think that was a great purchase at that price. I have followed the auctions on his autos very closely over the past couple months (ever since I pulled the red auto /5). I bought a bunch of his autos too at cheap prices and was assembling the rainbow, but decided to just get out when I saw the profit margin double. The super previously sold, I think for more than you paid for it (I thought it was eight and change), which I don't understand b/c Liddi prices have SOARED over the past two months. Plus with the way he has played in ST, well, I think he made a case for himself and will see how he does early in the season (Figgins and Tuisosopo are not major roadblocks).

Across the board, his base were $3-4, refractors, $6-7, blues $18-25, gold $35-40, orange $100.

That was 2 months ago. Today, those prices have doubled, with some base and refractors at 3x's that price.

A week or so ago, I sold the red /5 for $330.00. I also bundled the following together: 2 base, 1 ref, 2 blue, 1 gold - and sold that lot for $200.00. I bought those (aside from the red) at the prices listed above.

Based on all of that, I'd say you got a GREAT buy.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
bmc398 said:
cgilmo said:
bmc398 said:
You're silly

yep
Im not hatin'

but how long has this kid been the next up?

umm, not long

hes 21 and will play his first AAA season

he's blocked by Chone Figgins, if you can call that a block.

It's safe to say that sold at the right time this card will do much better than $765

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I'm sure you can flip this for a great profit, but I'm pretty down on Liddi I guess. This is actually his age-22/23 season if I recall correctly. After the WBC was his game-changing season, but he's still a kid that strikes out a bunch and I'm not sure if the power's real-real, especially in Seattle.

So yah. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see this as an expensive card, but I don't like him baseball-wise. Prospecting is too crazy for me because hype makes up so much of the value.

I think if you paid the same amount as you'd pay for a Matt Davidson card, you're doing well.

Members online