Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

September pick ups/pulls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jam022316

Jul 31, 2018
View attachment 116307
The McGwire '95 Collector's Choice SE Gold puts me 1 away from completing that team set (but that one is Rickey, ugh), same for the Wasdin '96 Mirror Blue (but I'm not a big enough spender to pick up the McGwire Mirror Blue anytime soon), and 1998 is by far my favorite year for Platinum Medallions. The Ludwick '01 Gold Refractor puts me one away from that team set (only missing Jason Hart). The Cansecos would seem like early '00s "junk GU" but these were deceptively hard to find, especially the Stadium Club. The Gold Label card has 4 different versions, after getting this I am one away from completing that. So I guess this was my "one away" day.

I’ve never seen that stadium club Canseco. That’s awesome.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I’ve never seen that stadium club Canseco. That’s awesome.

I think that's the first one I've personally seen, but I wasn't actively looking for it until recently.

9/17 pickups:

09172020.jpg

Very '80s-centric today. The three 1988 Topps Cloth "cards" put me one away from having all the A's in that set, but the one I am missing is the very valuable Bash Brother A's team card.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
9/18:
091820.jpg

Only missing Puk and Chapman from the 2020 Finest Flashbacks Refractors team set now. They're both out for the season, somebody sell them to me cheap.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
You must have an epic A's collection built up by now. I have tried to gather as many different Dodger items as I could, but I don't chase new cards each year unless something really catches my eye, so there are huge gaps in my card collection since the late 90s/early 00s. I have a ton of oddball stuff though.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
My A's collection is very large but it's pretty bottom-heavy...there's lots of cool cards but not a lot that's really impressive dollar-wise. I'm trying to stop chasing the new stuff every year except base cards, inserts, and my favorite parallels, but it's tough to adjust my buying habits. I try to limit my oddball collecting to strictly oddball cards and not all the other stuff out there like magazines, postcards, photoballs, etc. There's just so much of it and I already have plenty of cards to chase.

9/19:

091920.jpg
The 1996 Select Certified Artist's Proofs are kind of unappreciated since there are four tougher parallels in the set, but at the same time they're pretty boring. But hey that knocks another '90s McGwire AP off the wantlist.

The Alex Cole Pog is interesting, I can't recall seeing one before in my 20+ years of searching Cole items on eBay and it's not catalogued by Beckett. I searched around and found the set on Trading Card Database https://www.tcdb.com/ViewSet.cfm/sid/120899/1995-Coca-Cola-Minnesota-Twins-Pogs, it says 15,000 sets were printed but that's a little hard to believe. Maybe 14,000 of them got wrecked when kids played pogs with them. Here's the back:

091920-2.jpg

I DO enjoy Coca Cola, this pog is reading my mind.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
There is no end to showcases of extravagantly expensive stuff to view on the various boards, internet or at shows/shops. The true passion lies in the small time collector who scours the earth for those obscure needs. Collecting should be fun and should not make you choose between paying the rent or buying the next must have card or box. The lottery mentality is spiraling out of control too. Now people have to fight for the right just to possibly buy a product when it is released and a lot of those doing the buying are simply doing it to flip for a quick profit. And of course, like any other category, the rich are on their own plane when it comes to collecting things. The average collector can't compete and if they do beat the odds and pull something incredible, it is usually auctioned off to Richie Rich as soon as possible. Maybe because I have not subscribed to the notion that brand new cards of players who have not even dipped their toes into big league baseball yet should be worth $100s-1000's, I appreciate seeing the obscure much more than yet another limited print refractor/auto of the latest "it" prospect.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Finally found some reasonably priced Ultra Pro team bags, LOL. That's my mail day.

Got some 2020 Ginter Erstad stuff incoming.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
I liked the Finest Flashback cards so much that I put together a Rangers team set. I tried, but I can’t get a picture to turn out well enough to post. Too much glare.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I tracked down the 2019 Update Clear for Helsley finally. That just leaves me a Camo and 3 Platinums short of the Flagship Rainbow.
2019 Topps Update Clear.jpg

This 2020 Prizm Gold Auto /10 leaves me needing just the 1/1 Gold Vinyl and 1/1 Black Finite Autos to finish that rainbow.
2020 Prizm Game Ball Graphs Gold.jpg

I'm down to four cards for my 1995 Select Certified Master Set too after these came in.
2020-09-21_154454.jpg

I've dialed back a ton on collecting Bagwell (just have to live vicariously through @timtom but I still can't pass up a PSA10 RC when it was only $12.

2020-09-21_155053.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I think this is pretty cool. First from this set I saw with different color.

Neat, I can't recall seeing any patches for my guys from that set either.

9/21:

092120.jpg

Mixed bag today, most excited about the Khris Davis auto, I like the postseason/World Series GU and auto cards. Amazingly that's my first Billy Beane autograph, I think his only certified auto is an SPed Fan Favorites that shows him with the Twins. And I feel like the 2020 Heritage Chrome white-border refractors are selling for less than their black-bordered counterparts from years past because I've been able to pick up more than usual.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Pardon the non-baseball, but quite excited about this BIN that popped up this morning. Figured $325 was a decent price for three Federer autographs. Gold is /10, Silver is /25, Bronze is non numbered.

s-l1600.jpg

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Pardon the non-baseball, but quite excited about this BIN that popped up this morning. Figured $325 was a decent price for three Federer autographs. Gold is /10, Silver is /25, Bronze is non numbered.

s-l1600.jpg

Hey non-baseball or not, Fed is definitely one of the most beloved sports stars there is, and certainly #1 in the tennis world.

Very nice cards!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Wow nice one! I like this year's A&G design. Barry Zito and Tony LaRussa are in the set so I'm going to have to hunt down a lot of those parallels plus a Zito auto.

One card today, surprising because they don't usually deliver any cards on junk mail day.

092220.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
9/23:

092320.jpg

Fleer's Sweet Spot ripoff didn't really have the oomph of the original. The Ginters are complete base (w/inserts) and mini team sets. Jonah Heim made his MLB debut with the A's this season and is the current backup catcher.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Well took a chance on this auction. $10 ($14 shipped) for a box of opened cards. What do you think I'll get? Hoping for at least #2, but for $10 worst case will be okay. Box is 2004 Donruss World Series. Like buying a cheap lottery ticket. Unopened it's a $120 box.

1) Worst Case - base card only
2) Middle Case - base and some inserts/parallels
3) Best Case - base, inserts and 3 jersey/auto hits

s-l800.jpg

Full auction description:
2004 donruss world series. Condition is Very Good. Shipped with USPS First Class.
Box and packs of cards are opened.

Members online

Latest posts