Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Snoopy, Joe Mauer and Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

Snoopy and Joe Mauer on a baseball card.

Makes perfect sense, right?

Collectors tearing into packs of 2014 Topps Series 2, which officially arrived today have found a short-printed version of card No. 125 (which is actually a Series 1 card) in the packs — a card with the Minnesota Twins star sharing his card with the Peanuts icon.

Why?

The comic strip characters were created by St. Paul native Charles M. Schulz and Snoopy will be one of 10 characters whose statues will be found around the Twin Cities host the MLB All-Star Game on July 15 at Target Field.

It’s the latest marketing campaign that has had Mickey Mouse on Topps cards back in 2010 and other city landmark statues found around the host city.

Attachments

• 1402537717233.jpg
    1402537717233.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 62

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Ugh, as Charlie Brown would say! My wife is a big Snoopy fan, so either I hope this card is not too pricy or that she doesn't see it if we go to a show.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Ugh, as Charlie Brown would say! My wife is a big Snoopy fan, so either I hope this card is not too pricy or that she doesn't see it if we go to a show.

Haha, I am big fan of snoopy due to my father. I hope I can get one. I already preordered to figurines (Snoopy and Charlie Brown).

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I think it's great in a lot of different ways, from the perspective of being fun, being something that kids will enjoy, adding value to a product, and attaining media attention for the hobby.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
If Snoopy should be on any card, it should be

mSfhrvS8CHYwD6gwIwWhA3w.jpg

Or against his arch nemesis

$_1.JPG

Members online