Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So, was I out of line here? Got my first neg on ebay after 11 years

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
Short version of the story, as a seller I offer free shipping on all my auctions and everything is packed in a sleeve / toploader / team bag / bubble mailer. I sell a lot of low end / serial numbered inserts and price my opening bid accordingly (3.49$ in most cases). I get an email from a buyer stating that "[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Hello: I was not happy with the cards,i received. I was told by eBay to contact [/FONT]you first.i would like to get this resolved" I asked what they were unhappy with, the response was "condition and price". I simply responded with

"
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]You have the option to return them based on condition. You can return them and a refund will be granted upon receipt assuming they are returned in the same manner they were shipped to you. " [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]The response I get is "I don't want to spend 2$ to ship .50 cards." followed by an insult in a separate message after I repeat that I would be happy to grant a return and refund once the cards were shipped back in original manner.
[/FONT]
I feel like they had buyers remorse over 3.49$ based on their original message when they stated "price" as a reason. So was I out of line to expect a return to take place in the manner it was shipped?

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
sounds fine and fair to me.. you will run into a Wendy Whiner or a Poutey Pete every now and then.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Forward that correspondence to Ebay and they will remove the Neg. A buyer can't leave a neg when you are trying to work with them and they won't send the cards back. Post up their name as well, I want to add them to my blocked bidder list.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Sounds like CardCop

Nope to short of a reply to the op. Plus he would have stated 3 times his disability stops him from making it to the post office but he can travel to Uganda to help Cambodian refugees from time to time.

Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yea, just contact eBay directly and you'll be good. As long as you didn't lash back at him with an insult, they'll remove the neg based on that alone.

Members online

Latest posts