Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SO, what are you picking up in 2012?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wickedliquids

Feb 4, 2010
2011 is just about over and in terms of wax, it was brutal for me :twisted: . I didn't buy that much, probably spent more on blasters than anything else, and I think "redemptions" gravitate towards me as that's all I seem to end up pulling in the few boxes that I purchased. I definitely didn't see an ROI, but that's okay as I don't really buy cards to sell, nearly everything goes into my pc - and the fact is, I spend a lot more on pre-war than modern stuff (10 to 1 ratio). It just so happens that I like some of the modern stuff :)

Although I did luck out on some good buys on singles - but wax just kicked my a$$.

Best card out of a box? This:

Harperrefractor.jpg

Didn't even know it was a refractor till I turned it over (hard to see, but it's numbered 89/99 - no idea what it's worth)

And of course, the auto was a redemption (Jose Fernandez)

haha - it don't matter - love the hobby so I'll keep buying....kind of ::facepalm::

For 2012, it'll be A & G, and the Bowman releases (Bowman, Chrome, Draft) - but probably only a couple of hobby boxes at most. What do you guys plan on picking up?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Probably some more old school wax....I like to try to get my hands on some 2003 Diamond Kings but that is tough to find.

Card wise I would like to purchase a T3 Speaker, I said I was going to this year and did not :|

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Lots of Vanderbilt players in this years' EEE. Garvin, Esposito, Westy and Gray(?). So, a lot of that.

Other than that, slowing down on the long term prospecting, so hopefully I can 'cash out' and continue to buy high end/unique DPrice, Cutler, EBennett etc.

Hopefully 2012 bowman isn't that expensive...but it will be.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Since the Padres seem insistent on not keeping a franchise player long term, I'm going to be focusing on Padres prospects and trying to pick up more vintage this year.

Would love to be able to add a couple of vintage Fellers and Teddys.

cant really think of any but 1

on card certified auto of Griffey Jr.
hopefully from one of the new 2012
releases

i want 1 in a Mariner uni

other needs- Certified auto's of
ted williams & joe d

also want to add To my apoh 500 Ip auto card collection
alot of the guys do shows so id like to
add reggie, schmidt and others who appear in my area
so far i got Mac, Mays, Sheff , F.Thomas

ThoseBackPages