Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Someone may have gotten a huge steal....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
The feedback is terrible, and I mean from the people who actually got their cards....

your shipping cost u 15 bucks yet u charged me 60+..

out of 600 cars, 150 were the same 3 cards.and there were more of the same

Cards pictured were NOT part of the cards sent.

dannyboy19

Feb 6, 2010
Massachusetts
I really doubt the buyers of the higher valued lots will be getting the cards he added on. If you take a look at his Arod auction which sold for $535 shipped, he added the following note. If the buyer gets these cards then the seller left ALOT of money on the table:

"2004 Throwback Threads Century Stars Alex Rodriguez Auto #/5

2000 SP Authentic Buybacks Alex Rodriguez Auto #/22

1998 Donruss Century Autographs Alex Rodriguez #/100

2007 Topps Co-signers Cut Auto Alex Rodriguez/Dimaggio #/6

2004 Topps Two of a Kind Alex Rodriguez/Mays Dual Auto

2004 Topps Two of a Kind Alex Rodriguez/Aaron Dual Auto

2000 Upper Deck Game Used Ball Alex Rodriguez Auto #/25

2006 Bowman Original Buybacks Alex Rodriguez Auto #/17

2002 Donruss Champions Autographs Alex Rodriguez Auto #/5

2000 Skybox Genuine Coverage Alex Rodriguez Auto #/20 "

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
2 very simple words, shimmy sham.
he will collect as much cash as he can, and be gone like the wind.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
boomo said:
2 very simple words, shimmy sham.
he will collect as much cash as he can, and be gone like the wind.

I won the Chavez lot for $40 something delivered. I figured it was worth a shot. The genius also put a false email address through paypal (which has since been "corrected" which just happened to go to a ........ coworker, who had no idea what the hell I was talking about. He is located in Ohio and not overly far from me. I also have his work location (based on his email address). So if nothing materializes from any of these auctions but a scam (Which I am fully expecting) He is only a quick call away. In no way am I acting like a tough guy with threats here just making a couple simple statements.

Anyone who has dealt with this seller can you please PM his address? I have his phone number provided through ebay but would like his address as well if possible.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
Sorry for the guys that shelled out the coin for these lots. 99% sure this guy is trying to collect all the money he can and shut down his PP and Ebay.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
carlitoson said:
Codasco07 said:
I put the chances of the buyer getting these cards are about 10%.

http://cgi.ebay.com/5000-assorted-Alber ... 590wt_1139
You have more faith in the seller than I do. If those great cards are included, why wait until less than 2 days remaining in the auction to "add" them to the description? In fact, nowhere does the seller state that the winner will receive those particular cards listed.

If the seller really is legit, he did a terrible job of listing these auctions. Way too many red flags...

i specifically asked him if
the cards in the miggy description
were included in the lot
he said yes they were

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
His co-worker replied that she had no idea what my email was in regards to and this was my reply to her:

"Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for the reply. I am sorry about sending you that message. It was given on a paypal account for a "Garry Wright". Is there any chance you know this individual? I just find it odd that he would use your email address. He has recently sold many shady auctions on ebay and has made no communication with any of the buyers who have already paid for their auctions.

If you do know this individual please ask him to remove your email from his account, reach out to those who have sent him money, and be honest regarding his auctions.

If you don't know this individual, I would contact www.paypal.com and let them know your email is fraudulently being used by Garry Wright, ebay user name dagabs and let they will assist you with what you options are regarding this individual.

Thank you, and again sorry about the initial email but at the very least you now know this individual was using your email."

It will be very interesting to see her reply. I wonder if one of his coworkers knowing he is a fraud will bring about a lot of refunds for these lots.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
if this auction was legit dont you think he would have posted the pics of all the graded pujols rookie autos? he would get way more money if this were the case.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
EricChavezCollector3 said:
His co-worker replied that she had no idea what my email was in regards to and this was my reply to her:

"Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for the reply. I am sorry about sending you that message. It was given on a paypal account for a "Garry Wright". Is there any chance you know this individual? I just find it odd that he would use your email address. He has recently sold many shady auctions on ebay and has made no communication with any of the buyers who have already paid for their auctions.

If you do know this individual please ask him to remove your email from his account, reach out to those who have sent him money, and be honest regarding his auctions.

If you don't know this individual, I would contact http://www.paypal.com and let them know your email is fraudulently being used by Garry Wright, ebay user name dagabs and let they will assist you with what you options are regarding this individual.

Thank you, and again sorry about the initial email but at the very least you now know this individual was using your email."

It will be very interesting to see her reply. I wonder if one of his coworkers knowing he is a fraud will bring about a lot of refunds for these lots.

Sure hope he isn't also trying to scam his co-worker. Co-Worker takes in all the money to his own paypal account, co-worker cuts a check to dagabs thinking he actually has all the money in paypal funds, then everyone chargebacks the paypal account, so the co-worker loses all the money. Man, this thing keeps getting uglier and uglier. I so want it to work out with everyone involved in the purchases, but I'm glad I chose to not be a part of it.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
clarkfan said:

"Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,

If you don't know this individual, I would contact http://www.paypal.com and let them know your email is fraudulently being used by Garry Wright, ebay user name dagabs and let they will assist you with what you options are regarding this individual.

Sure hope he isn't also trying to scam his co-worker. Co-Worker takes in all the money to his own paypal account, co-worker cuts a check to dagabs thinking he actually has all the money in paypal funds, then everyone chargebacks the paypal account, so the co-worker loses all the money. Man, this thing keeps getting uglier and uglier. I so want it to work out with everyone involved in the purchases, but I'm glad I chose to not be a part of it.

He has since changed his email address through paypal. I am sure she mentioned it to him after receiving my initial email. I do not believe he is trying to scam one of his co-workers and was just a mistake since the emails were similiar just missing a few of the first letters of his. I hope this brings about some change. If not at worst I am out $40, hopefully those more heavily invested don't get taken.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Krom said:
His last feedback lest says he never rec'd the item.
his account is on hold! i was on the phone to ebay a week ago for an hour and a half and filed an excessive shipping complaint with this seller! $35 to ship 7 cards i only got a $6 discount so $29 to ship 7 cards. i told ebay he was whinning about losing on the auction's and said thats all the discount i would get.thats not my problem! i told ebay about his auctions of 5000 cards shipped for $25 and he wants $29 to ship 7? thats not going to happen from me.

Ebay told me not to pay after they looked at his feed back and our correspondence with each other, the seller and myself went back a forth with a total of 32 messages. they said it would take them 3-5 days to investigate his account. i think his account is now on hold!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
What is the domain name of the work addresses? May be worthwhile to google his real name and the business and try to get his supervisor's name.

clarkfan said:

"Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,

He has since changed his email address through paypal. I am sure she mentioned it to him after receiving my initial email. I do not believe he is trying to scam one of his co-workers and was just a mistake since the emails were similiar just missing a few of the first letters of his. I hope this brings about some change. If not at worst I am out $40, hopefully those more heavily invested don't get taken.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I picked up the Andruw for $67. I'm glad I paid with a credit card as this is looking pretty bad.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
Did anyone else get their refund and this reasoning?

"Had a water line break. Flooded the store room where these cards were kept. Please except my apologies and a full refund."

What a POS

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Did anyone else get their refund and this reasoning?

"Had a water line break. Flooded the store room where these cards were kept. Please except my apologies and a full refund."

What a POS

Yea, just got mine. I'm just glad to have gotten something back, obviously wanted the cards but not having to deal with a paypal claim is nice.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Maybe he realized if paypal was holding the funds anyway, there wouldn't really be any way of pulling a fast one on the ebay buyer. I guess its good he is giving up and giving refunds without a fight, would hate to see that many player collectors lose the money.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Pretty odd scam really. There was 0% chance of getting all that money at one time and PP and Ebay not becoming involved.

serving4theking

Aug 10, 2008
Garry Wright...ah yes. I sold to him a lot several years ago. He was the evil version of me (We both have been bulk player buyers for a long time). I was ready to bid on several of the 5000-lots until I saw the Fielder lot. He listed a card as included, it was a 2006 superfractor 1/1 auto that another seller has listed with a BIN of $8000 or something. Then I knew for sure the specific cards listed were just blatant lies.

I had been ready to bid, because although I knew he was dishonest with shipping and other things, I had never known him to be a complete crook. Obviously, that's changed.

Members online

Latest posts