Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Someone must have hit a lot of Targets..Rendon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
So, where is there a card shop in Vermont? :lol:

The only place I can think of selling cards is Vermont Toy & Hobby.

bmoore997

Mar 9, 2009
vwnut13 said:
So, where is there a card shop in Vermont? :lol:

The only place I can think of selling cards is Vermont Toy & Hobby.

Main St. Sports Cards in Winooski. If anyone is ever in the Burlington VT area it's definitely worth stopping by.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Same boat here, had 50 sets at $7 each, I sold about 30 players including 1/2 of my rendons and am in the green. I have the rest posted right now....Great quick money!

skrip

tehchamp

Feb 14, 2011
So shoot, these sets only available in store at Target?
Or can you get them through Target's website?

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
tehchamp said:
So shoot, these sets only available in store at Target?
Or can you get them through Target's website?

I checked their website a couple months ago and they don't seem to sell them online.

I bought mine through a different distributors website.

Hopefully in the future the FCB box site will stock things like this :)

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
I had been going back and forth on them, but you guys convinced me - of course I had to go pay $10 per at Target (in tax-free NH), and snagged 13 of them at two different stores. I'll hunt around for 7 more to hit 20.

Legit Investments

Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
haha i found 13 too
bungle77 said:
I had been going back and forth on them, but you guys convinced me - of course I had to go pay $10 per at Target (in tax-free NH), and snagged 13 of them at two different stores. I'll hunt around for 7 more to hit 20.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
I found 7 at $10.98 each.
Still debating on it. Rendon seems to be at $5 again, so not sure at this point on dropping $77.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
Legit Investments said:
Anyone see Rendon selling how Strasburg UD USA base sold?

lol no.

I don't think so either...however, I do believe they have the potential to go up from these prices:

[phil:b0cfwtkm]120692598281[/phil:b0cfwtkm] - BGS 9.5
[phil:b0cfwtkm]120693101798[/phil:b0cfwtkm] - Raw

I can see them achieving 15 per on the raw and $40+ on the 9.5s without much trouble.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
masonphillip said:
aminors said:
Legit Investments said:
Anyone see Rendon selling how Strasburg UD USA base sold?

lol no.

I don't think so either...however, I do believe they have the potential to go up from these prices:

[phil:37061dkz]120692598281[/phil:37061dkz] - BGS 9.5
[phil:37061dkz]120693101798[/phil:37061dkz] - Raw

I can see them achieving 15 per on the raw and $40+ on the 9.5s without much trouble.

Oh absolutely. But Strasburg is in a level all his own. Well, maybe with Bryce Harper and very few other individuals, if any.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Stras isn't a good measuring stick for these cards; Harper is.

Stras already had several issues out when the USA boxed sets released. Harper didn't. The sets showed him on base cards, 50 auto patches, and 5 IHOW autos. Rendon doesn't even have those.

And since Rendon is going to have only 25 manufactured patch cards produced by Topps (un-auto'd) between now and the draft, I could see these base cards coming close to Harper's levels last year, assuming he stays healthy and his stock doesn't drop. The only detractor I can see is Rendon won't be on SI's cover.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Jaypers said:

Stras already had several issues out when the USA boxed sets released. Harper didn't. The sets showed him on base cards, 50 auto patches, and 5 IHOW autos. Rendon doesn't even have those.

And since Rendon is going to have only 25 manufactured patch cards produced by Topps (un-auto'd) between now and the draft, I could see these base cards coming close to Harper's levels last year, assuming he stays healthy and his stock doesn't drop. The only detractor I can see is Rendon won't be on SI's cover.

Rendon won't receive nearly as much hype as a 17 year old kid who already played a season of college ball, demolished the competition, then went #1 overall. You're right, the SI cover helped, but the amount of hype Rendon will get as compared to Harper's hype won't be close.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:

There are also probably 10 times as many Rendon's produced as Harper, and Harper came from a product that cost over 100 each to just get the set Rendon you could get for 6 dollars at times.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts