Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sportlots Auctions customer service...strictly amateur-hour

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
So I recently created a Sportlots account and listed some items for sale.....Jesus f'n Christ, their fee schedule is borderline insane.

So I check out their auctions section...okay, not exactly thrilled with the "1.2.3.Sold" method they're running, and I've already discovered about a half dozen different long-time sellers there who are shilling their auctions.

But I figure, give it a shot, see what happens.

So early yesterday morning I list about 80 auctions of different players in this weekends football games....and I wait, as they all get marked as "pending" by Sportlots instead of launching immediately as they do on ebay.

Five hours later the first game starts...still pending.

After the second game is over, still pending, ditto late last night.

So I go to bed and get up about 5 this morning, still pending...this is f'n ridiculous, especially since I look and there are auctions up and running that have listing numbers that follow the ones I listed.

So I write an email to CS, asking WTF?
Actually, I wrote, "My auctions have been showing as "pending" for nearly 24
hours now? Im glad I listed them in time for the football games....."

So a couple hours later, I check, and my auctions are now running, and I've got a response from their CS in my inbox,...
Sportlots CS: "Order ID doesnt apply -"

Just...wow, excellent customer service.

Who runs that clown-college of a site anyway? Is it a one-man operation? Anyone know?

My response to their wholly inadequate response was "Then what does apply? One would think auctions would be listed on a first come, first served basis, seeing as how you are charging for listing them and all..."

So basically, I guess what can be inferred from their clownish response is that their long-time resident sellers will have all their auctions listed first and in a timely manner, and everyone who's new or not a long-time seller gets to wait until the ****** who runs the place finishes watching the games, puts away the nachos and beer, and gets off his ass and earns his money.....but I'm damn sure they'll manage to invoice me for the listing fees pretty f'n quick.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Why didn't you just list them on eBay?
What's the fee difference between sport lots and eBay?

Last edited:

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
Why didn't you just list them on eBay?
What's the fee difference between sport lots and eBay?

It's pretty much a wash I guess, fees-wise...sportlots 15 cents listing fee, but no final value fee.....ebay, no listing fee, but a final value fee.

Basically, I just wanted to try it out, and now I'm sorry I did.

Derek2011

Aug 7, 2008
Bainbridge,PA
All auctions go active the morning after the day they are listed. Not sure why they couldn't respond with such an answer, but that's how their auction listings work

Members online

Latest posts