Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg A&G Distributers shut out - HTA/Retail only?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Re: So... Strasburg A&G ... retail only?

Holy brutal Batman if that is true (and I have no reason not to believe you, nor BrentandBecca).

Anything is plausible with typical Topps collation. There no reason why i've pulled close to 11 of each single in base Topps yet I still have to head to Sportlots to pick up 9+ of two different base singles just to make sets. Now, if it was the Strasburg that my luck was having me miss...it would be punishing.

I'm sure there are cases out there with multiples, but 20 cases and to not pull one is just ugly.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

Starting to get the distinct impression that Topps will be severely shortprinting his BC autos as well.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008

100 cases?

i think brent and becca have either found out how to make money ripping
or have won the lottery

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

Jaypers said:
Starting to get the distinct impression that Topps will be severely shortprinting his BC autos as well.

This is why I think base Bowman and Bowman Chrome Strasburgs will still retain good value in spite of everything else getting released out there. For many people, its their best shot at owning an affordable Strasburg card.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009

boomo said:
100 cases?

i think brent and becca have either found out how to make money ripping
or have won the lottery

I don't think they ripped 100 cases, they have seen 100 cases and have not seen a Stras.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008

well i do recall talking to brett in 08 i think and he had ripped 50 cases of draft.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

It's either in the 2nd printing run/later printing run, a rip exclusive, or retail only.

Any of those answers still is a bad sign for Topps.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008

is there money to make on a&g any more[outside of whatever pans out with the strasburg cards]? outside of bowman products, giant case rips seems like a huge risk.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

mazarazz said:
is there money to make on a&g any more[outside of whatever pans out with the strasburg cards]? outside of bowman products, giant case rips seems like a huge risk.
I was thinking the same thing. Seems like I will just sell some of the boxes and then open a few for my self.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto

Pine Tar said:
mazarazz said:
I was thinking the same thing. Seems like I will just sell some of the boxes and then open a few for my self.
A&G Collectors are almost as nutty as Bowman Collectors, maybe nuttier.

Anyways, if that were the case, Topps would be getting a sternly written letter expressing concerns with their claims that cards are randomly inserted into the print-run are false and misleading.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

Jaypers said:
I don't think that this can be an indication of much other than the fact that Strasburg's A&G cards were indeed "last minute additions" and seeding problems are evident. The Topps reps on the phone may not have all of the information and those that do certainly won't want to leak "late seeding" if that truly is the case.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

200lbhockeyplayer said:
Jaypers said:

I don't think that this can be an indication of much other than the fact that Strasburg's A&G cards were indeed "last minute additions" and seeding problems are evident. The Topps reps on the phone may not have all of the information and those that do certainly won't want to leak "late seeding" if that truly is the case.

Not by itself, no. However, his Bowman Autos were in short supply as well.

Chris Olds says he'll have a story on this issue sometime today.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

pigskincardboard said:
Pine Tar said:
mazarazz said:
A&G Collectors are almost as nutty as Bowman Collectors, maybe nuttier.

Anyways, if that were the case, Topps would be getting a sternly written letter expressing concerns with their claims that cards are randomly inserted into the print-run are false and misleading.

Yeah, because that'll really teach 'em.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY

200lbhockeyplayer said:
Jaypers said:
Make no mistake this was not a last minute addition.Everyone knew Strasburg would be in the bigs the 1st week of June.These cards were printed in advance.All they had to do is wait for the call up.If it didn't happen the just destroy the cards.
Mike

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

If Chris Olds is going to write a story about the A&G Strasburg dilemma, I certainly hope it includes actual information and not the standard PR fluff. Clearly there are issues if supposedly 100 cases have been popped and no Strasburg has shown up at all.

And to those saying that this was not a "late addition", we disagree. Nothing about the numbering, the lack of parallels, etc. implies that it was printing at the same time. Nothing at all.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.

Jaypers said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Jaypers said:

WHY does it always have to be that guy? Can't anybody but Beckett get the story?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

Erich said:
Jaypers said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Jaypers said:

WHY does it always have to be that guy? Can't anybody but Beckett get the story?

not with topps

They are tight lipped, i doubt beckett gets any concrete information.

Members online