Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Target ending cards sales Friday...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
As of Friday 5-14, most Targets will not be selling sports or Pokémon cards.

No word if this is just temporary or permanent or if it’ll affect online sales.

Probably because of all the messes they’ve had to deal with regarding monitoring it or the customers. Including a lockdown caused by a gun incident last week.

As usual, some knuckleheads ruin it for the majority...

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
I think it mostly due to the pokeymon cards not baseball cards. Here in Houston boxes of Hockey cards sit on shelves. The Targets around here are inconsistent about the sports cards sales. Ive pointed out to them that by limiting box purchases to Friday they are catering to the facebook resellers. One of the stores here would only sell on Friday but would stash whatever didn't sell to the gaggle of people who came at 8 am on Friday behind the customer service and would sell one box or or ONE pack of cards to whoever asked. Kinda hard for set builders to do a set like that. But this week they changed gears again and are only selling on Friday starting at 8 am. So it looks like I will be taking a breather from card collecting for a while.

Last edited:

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I think that a recent 4 on 1 attempted assault over cards in a Wisconsin Target parking lot was the final nail in the coffin. It really was starting to get too out of control and some people were starting to get too obsessed.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
I was lucky earlier this year when I was able to get a blaster of 2021 Topps for my oldest son's birthday (Walmart). After that? Not a damn thing. So, I really wouldn't miss it if they also discontinued selling like Target.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts