Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Teheran

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
How'd you like to face this?

Julio%20Teheran%20CB.gif

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Adam Foster -- "Re-watching my Julio Teheran video in preparation for a report on him. His CB is a filthy, nasty, disgusting, sharp, late-breaking downer."
about 10 hours ago via web

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Jaypers said:
Adam Foster -- "Re-watching my Julio Teheran video in preparation for a report on him. His CB is a filthy, nasty, disgusting, sharp, late-breaking downer."
about 10 hours ago via web

That GIF does not depict a "Sharp, late-breaking downer".

Show me one from Teheran's viewpoint.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ok, here ya go.

[youtube:dwrrebfz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6HOWnHz3yY[/youtube:dwrrebfz]

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
NECpilgrims8 said:
Umm, ok. He has a curve.

I don't get it.

BTW, that is the longest last name on the back of a braves jersey since Saltalamacchia.
Have you ever seen him pitch in person? Watch him sometime and you're view will change, no doubt.

asmth312

Jan 17, 2009
I don't think his point was that Teheran isn't good or doesn't have good stuff, just that the pitch in the video isn't all that impressive. And I agree, it isn't. It appears to back up a bit.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
way over hyped at this point, not a knock on him specifically. he's the type of player sports card guys LOVE.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
NECpilgrims8 said:
Umm, ok. He has a curve.

I don't get it.

BTW, that is the longest last name on the back of a braves jersey since Saltalamacchia.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that, Adam :oops:

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
55_marlins_sp said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Umm, ok. He has a curve.

I don't get it.

Really? That's weird.... I collect 3 players; Henderson, Sabathia and Jennings. None of their names are particularly long, especially when compared to something like Saltalamacchia, but all 3 of their names are longer than Teheran.

A little more research... Teheran has 7 letters, and that is almost the most they allow a Brave to have this year, but these players have him beat:

Alex Gonzalez
Eric O'Flaherty
--
Kyle Farnsworth
Kenshin Kawakami
Diory Hernandez
Cristhian Martinez

These last 4 played less than 20 games this year.... so maybe you guys really are onto something! Not many long last names on that team. They need Saltalamacchia back, he has 14 letters!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
RL24 said:
55_marlins_sp said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Umm, ok. He has a curve.

I don't get it.

Really? That's weird.... I collect 3 players; Henderson, Sabathia and Jennings. None of their names are particularly long, especially when compared to something like Saltalamacchia, but all 3 of their names are longer than Teheran.

They are referring to the catcher, check out the back of his jersey.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
RL24 said:
[quote="55_marlins_sp":8pwlyjgu]
NECpilgrims8 said:
Umm, ok. He has a curve.

I don't get it.

They are referring to the catcher, check out the back of his jersey.[/quote:8pwlyjgu]

^^^ This. He did research too. ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts