Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****TGIF MORNING THREAD*****7/30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Morning folks.

After rough weather, including two tornadoes nearby, supposed to be great weather the next week or so…

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Morning all! On call tomorrow afternoon for harvest. We are down to one farmer left to bring us wheat. Patiently, or I should anxiously waiting for the notification to pop up that the Twins traded Jose Berrios. It sucks, but if they are going to trade him, I'd assume trade him now instead of next year at the deadline

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Morning everyone. While I did not want the Red Sox to give up a ton to get Rizzo I would have preferred him to Schwarber, he's done fine this year I'm just not a big fan. I really like Rizzo I just didn't want to overpay. Yanks got a decent deal for him.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Afternoon all, taking the kid out to dinner while the wife goes out with a friend, then my parents are picking him up and we are going out to a distillery later to get some drinks and listen to some music

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Morning all! On call tomorrow afternoon for harvest. We are down to one farmer left to bring us wheat. Patiently, or I should anxiously waiting for the notification to pop up that the Twins traded Jose Berrios. It sucks, but if they are going to trade him, I'd assume trade him now instead of next year at the deadline

He’s a Blue Jay now, for Simeon Woods Richardson and Austin Martin…at least that’s the update I got

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Afternoon all, taking the kid out to dinner while the wife goes out with a friend, then my parents are picking him up and we are going out to a distillery later to get some drinks and listen to some music

Now if only I could convince Jayme to go to the brewery with me lol. She doesn't drink beer or any whiskey, etc. Mike's, fruit wine, and some of those other fruity drinks. Her brother and I are going to the brewery tonight to check out a band that's playing there

And I saw the trade lol. Definitely can't complain. Tough to see the Twins trade away a homegrown starter like him, but got peak value at least

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Now if only I could convince Jayme to go to the brewery with me lol. She doesn't drink beer or any whiskey, etc. Mike's, fruit wine, and some of those other fruity drinks. Her brother and I are going to the brewery tonight to check out a band that's playing there

And I saw the trade lol. Definitely can't complain. Tough to see the Twins trade away a homegrown starter like him, but got peak value at least
I think the Twins did Great! Getting back the Blue Jays #2 & 4 prospects. I think Martin will be a beast. Hopefully they will be assigned to Wichita maybe you can go down & catch a game.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Afternoon all! Busy at work but distracted by the trade deadline. I hope the Royals can make another trade or two to bolster the minors.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I think the Twins did Great! Getting back the Blue Jays #2 & 4 prospects. I think Martin will be a beast. Hopefully they will be assigned to Wichita maybe you can go down & catch a game.
Haha, Wichita is on the wrong end of the state for me. It would be about an 8.5 hour drive to Wichita. Minneapolis is 10 hours, so I'd rather drive that extra 1.5 hours to go watch the AAAA and AAA teams in Minneapolis and St. Paul lol.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

Luckily my wife likes breweries and wineries and distilleries…and we might be alcoholics! Lol

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Haha, Wichita is on the wrong end of the state for me. It would be about an 8.5 hour drive to Wichita. Minneapolis is 10 hours, so I'd rather drive that extra 1.5 hours to go watch the AAAA and AAA teams in Minneapolis and St. Paul lol.
My mistake! I haven't been to Wichita in years. I thought it was a lot further West than it is. The drive sure seemed like it.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
The Cubs & Nationals fans will be like: Who are these guys? They are turning over their rosters in 24 hours.

Reports are the Cubs trade Kimbrel to the White sox for Madrigal & Codi Heuer. Then trade Baez to the Mets for Crow-Armstrong.

Latest posts