Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "Cameo" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Yes, just like that. He is also on card #382 with Fernando Ramsey out of the same set. I don't have many of these and would interested in picking them up.

That one is yours...and when I get to the Rs ill let you know, I just finished up to D, now I gotta run to my parents, and then I'm going to the game

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I think we're lumping all those into this thread.

Okay thanks! I have been putting together my Andre Dawson checklist collection and probably have over 200 so far. For the checklist collectors, do you collect every checklist for every card that your player is on or just the ones that list his name on the checklist? For example in the 1977 Topps checklist, his card is listed as Rookie Outfielders.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Okay thanks! I have been putting together my Andre Dawson checklist collection and probably have over 200 so far. For the checklist collectors, do you collect every checklist for every card that your player is on or just the ones that list his name on the checklist? For example in the 1977 Topps checklist, his card is listed as Rookie Outfielders.

For me, it's just the ones with his name.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Did you see that Damon Berryhill card I posted?

Just checked out the Berryhill, you think that is Dawson leaning on the rail? Interesting, I would need to get some opinions on that one.

For me, it's just the ones with his name.

Okay, thanks, I passed on the 1977 Topps checklist because it is listed as Rookie Outfielders. I have a good start on my checklist collection, even some that I think might be some of the harder ones to find, but I need to up my cameo and mention collection.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Just checked out the Berryhill, you think that is Dawson leaning on the rail? Interesting, I would need to get some opinions on that one.

Okay, thanks, I passed on the 1977 Topps checklist because it is listed as Rookie Outfielders. I have a good start on my checklist collection, even some that I think might be some of the harder ones to find, but I need to up my cameo and mention collection.

I was actually thinking the runner, I thought it looked like a D and a 2, but I could be wrong

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
What other guys would guys be looking for cameos for? I know I saw some Ozzie Smith, a Tony Gwynn, and the guy everyone is looking for,...Tim Teufel! ;)

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Thanks to this database I was educated on two cameos I never knew of. The are now purchased cards and en route to my collection. Thanks!

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Has anyone begun tackling a list of players who are mentioned on the backs of cards? Not only mentioned in the text, but also the little cartoons that appear on the backs of some cards. It seems like it'd be a relatively easy job for those with entire sets in binders. Thoughts?

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Has anyone begun tackling a list of players who are mentioned on the backs of cards? Not only mentioned in the text, but also the little cartoons that appear on the backs of some cards. It seems like it'd be a relatively easy job for those with entire sets in binders. Thoughts?

It would be awesome if something like this was put together. I have spent hours going through COMC to look at the backs of cards.

Members online

Latest posts