Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "HOLY CRAP!" end-price thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
That's nuts. That may be the highest price paid for a Mark Mulder card in the last few years. Or ever.

It makes me wonder what I could get for the Carl Everett and Jose Vidro cards I have from that set.

There's only one way to find out.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
That's nuts. That may be the highest price paid for a Mark Mulder card in the last few years. Or ever.
I remember a 1999 Topps Traded Mark Mulder Auto BGS 9.5 going for $365 probably around a decade ago. It does not seem all that long ago when that was a great card... (does not change the fact that this was a crazy sale.)

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I remember a 1999 Topps Traded Mark Mulder Auto BGS 9.5 going for $365 probably around a decade ago. It does not seem all that long ago when that was a great card... (does not change the fact that this was a crazy sale.)

Talk about buyer's remorse.What would that bring today?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Talk about buyer's remorse.What would that bring today?

Thankfully I never paid that much, but I paid a decent amount for the 3 I owned (I was a big fan). When I sold them a few months back I think I got around $10 per.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Regarding the Stargell redemption, this can be said about most purchases. We all collect different players, themes, sets, etc. i might spend $50 on a Garvey item that nobody else would spend $5 on. I think that the appeal to that Stargell card is probably twofold. One, most redemptions are redeemed and the actual redemption cards are presumably destroyed, punched or otherwise altered and/or gone from circulation. Unless they returned the card with the prize, those are probably extremely hard to find and the only stock left would be coming from collections or from unopened material.

Two, the card actually looks like a collectible, unlike most of those stupid cardboard redemptions with the silver scratch box and only text. The Stargell looks good in a collection of other Stargell cards.

I had numerous redemptions from Fleer for Garvey cards that I sent in right before they bellied up. They were presumably never made and the redemption cards are now long gone. Despite the fact that they were just text cards with no photos, I would like to have them back now and in fact had a couple dupes that I was debating on keeping as possible "variations", depending on what the redeemed cards looked like, but I never got the chance. The other one was a GOTG Garvey redemption that was redeemed in mass and looks similar to the Stargell, with a photo on it. You'll find that card rarely, but the autograph version is plentiful.

I have to believe that the redemption is just that much harder to find and thus justified the price it gets at auction to the hardcore Pops collectors.

wish I had them back now
I know I've said this before, but that's the dumbest waste of money I've ever seen.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
2013 Allen & Ginter Adam Dunn Nameplate Name Plate Box Topper 1/1

This card was listed with a BIT/BO of $599.99 and someone pulled the trigger at the full price within a few hours of the listing going live. I made what seemed like a reasonable offer for hundreds less and was shocked to see this sell so high (an entire Dunn MLB authenticated game-used jersey just sold for $425 last week). The seller confirmed for me that this was paid for and shipped. Did someone here snag this?

Members online

Latest posts