Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "HOLY CRAP!" end-price thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
So you were literally blowing smoke up our....
Anywho, thanks for going 0-10 in this series with the O's. :0)

Suckin it up Ross, the whole team!

Last two games were exciting to watch, don't get to see much O's games on TV like, ever, today was painful as hell though.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
agree that live cards pull in more than the redemptions (less uncertainty about not getting fulfilled)

but my broader point was that two Griffey live autos from "The Greats" (Topps Series 1) sold for $180. Blown away that Pedro sold for 3x that.

likewise that the Pedro on-card auto from Series 1 sold for 3x that from Series 2 (which I won at auction).

Obviously someone really really wanted this card and was willing to pay. It just made me say "holy cr*p" when I saw the end price. I called uncle at $250-ish.

Live Cards can occasionally pull 500% of the redemption price. Especially for a top player, small serial numbered set, and the hard core collectors said player has.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
agree that live cards pull in more than the redemptions (less uncertainty about not getting fulfilled)

but my broader point was that two Griffey live autos from "The Greats" (Topps Series 1) sold for $180. Blown away that Pedro sold for 3x that.

likewise that the Pedro on-card auto from Series 1 sold for 3x that from Series 2 (which I won at auction).

Obviously someone really really wanted this card and was willing to pay. It just made me say "holy cr*p" when I saw the end price. I called uncle at $250-ish.

Could it be that Pedro has fewer autos available than Griffey does? Maybe only a small part of that, but for a long time, Griffey autos were in everything Upper Deck, whereas I don't recall Pedro having such a staggering array of autos. And that's not even taking into account the insanity of Sox fans, especially in connection to the 2004 team!

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
2004 Leaf Limited Monikers Adam Dunn Reds Auto 1 1 | eBay

This still has 4 and a half days left to go but the price is already 2-3 times what this kind of card should sell for on eBay. Is it just me or does the price jumping up $120 with 17 bids in an hour and a half seem sketchy? The seller looks legit from feedback and what I've found on this board but I wouldn't be surprised if the person that had this card consigned decided to start shilling as early as possible.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009

I grabbed it. It should go well with these two from the same set:

upton_1of1.png

fielder_1of1.png

The sad thing is that those two cards combined cost me less than the Ethier/Kemp.

Members online

Latest posts