Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Memorial Day Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mets/Jets

Sep 11, 2011
Good morning everone. Big thanks to all Veterans and those in the service!!!! Have a great day.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Fueling the Comic fires..

A co-worker has been winning some comics on Heritage Auctions.. He has another site that is nothing but comics as well.. Where you buy and sell from..

http://www.atomicavenue.com/

you aint kidding about the comic fires! lol there are two books ending tonight that im thinking about making a run at

The HA auctions are where the big boys swim, thats for sure!

Thanks Kevin i will have to check the site out.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Good morning guys. I hope everyone has a great day.

Thank you to all of the brave men and women who gave their lives serving our armed forces. Thank you to all who have served or are currently serving.

As great of a day as Saturday was, it came with a drawback. I am now finding myself searching for Brandon Phillips stuff on eBay. I am seriously considering starting a BP PC.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Good Morning and Happy Memorial Day!!

Thank you to all those that are serving, have served and those that have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.

I'm waiting for the parade to start, hoping to get some great pics.

Last edited:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Good morning guys. I hope everyone has a great day.

Thank you to all of the brave men and women who gave their lives serving our armed forces. Thank you to all who have served or are currently serving.

As great of a day as Saturday was, it came with a drawback. I am now finding myself searching for Brandon Phillips stuff on eBay. I am seriously considering starting a BP PC.

After I saw the pictures, I knew that it would only be a matter of time. I am 100% in favor of you collecting Dat Dude BP

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Resorted my totes [ 6 /3200] for next weekend sales - three days - Monday 3000 plus kids - BETTER be some RED SOX fans :rolleyes:\
I also salute the VETS !!! one of the few regrets , i wouldn't join 1970 draft me OK missed by 50 numbers ------------------ doubt the musket could pass for firearm . Oral history one confirmed kill $##%% Yankee - wounded my relative .
Anybody need any regular Oquendo cards:(

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
After I saw the pictures, I knew that it would only be a matter of time. I am 100% in favor of you collecting Dat Dude BP

Much appreciated, Dan. You know me too well. ;) What's funny is, I had been thinking about it well before I won the contest. I just never got started. Saturday definitely made me decide to finally do it. I found an autographed BP jersey that's JSA certified. Wish I had the $160. Then I could try to get the jersey, bat, and ball all framed together.

Barry- Hope you do well on sales next weekend!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Much appreciated, Dan. You know me too well. ;) What's funny is, I had been thinking about it well before I won the contest. I just never got started. Saturday definitely made me decide to finally do it. I found an autographed BP jersey that's JSA certified. Wish I had the $160. Then I could try to get the jersey, bat, and ball all framed together.

Barry- Hope you do well on sales next weekend!

Then you will need an additional $160+ for framing :D

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Oh I remember the draft lottery quite well. Thank God it ended in '72, missed it by a year. I would have had a deferment since my Dad passed away in active service in '67.

I'm looking forward to an afternoon full of baseball.:cool:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I'm only child so i doubt i would have served abroad . One cousin was on duty at the Unknowed Solders Tomb / Grave .

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
I actually had no intention of joining the military.
I went to the recruiters office with a friend of mine who had been cheated on by his girlfriend.
He wanted to "get away from all her memories" so he asked if I'd go with him to talk to the Air Force guys.
I wound up being talked into taking the Armed Services Vocational Apptitude (ASVAB) Test and 25+ years later, wound up retiring from the USAF as a MSgt.
Ironically, my friend didn't pass the test so he never went in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online