Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The #MiLBDailyThread - 5/13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
yep, he couldn't hit the side of the barn. I wonder if Matzek's condition is Ankielism. ;)

It's the Ankiel gene on steroids, I think.

Note:

The all-time record in the NL for walks in an inning is 7, done just 3 times in history: 1902 (Bob Ewing), 1889 (George Keefe), and 1894 (Tony Mullane).

The AL record is 8 in 1909 by a man named Dolly. Go figure.

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
It's the Ankiel gene on steroids, I think.

Note:

The all-time record in the NL for walks in an inning is 7, done just 3 times in history: 1902 (Bob Ewing), 1889 (George Keefe), and 1894 (Tony Mullane).

And is father was a boy named Sue. :p

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008

It wasn't 7 walks in an inning for Matzuk. He walked the first 4 batters of the game to bring in a run then Jon Singleton had a two-run single. After that, Strikeout, Strikeout, Groundout inning done.

2nd inn - Matzek walked three straight, then hit L.J. Hoes and was yanked from the game.

so it was 1 IP with the box score footnote "Matzek pitched to 4 batters in the 2nd inning".

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
It wasn't 7 walks in an inning for Matzuk. He walked the first 4 batters of the game to bring in a run then Jon Singleton had a two-run single. After that, Strikeout, Strikeout, Groundout inning done.

2nd inn - Matzek walked three straight, then hit L.J. Hoes and was yanked from the game.

so it was 1 IP with the box score footnote "Matzek pitched to 4 batters in the 2nd inning".

Interesting! I assumed it was in one inning pitched, but that makes sense. I guess it was too late last night for me to think that clearly about it!

Thanks for the update.

I like the walk records they keep at Baseball Almanac:

"Most walks in a no-hitter"-- Steve Barber, 1967 (Baltimore), and Jim Maloney, 1965 (Cincinnati), each walked ten batters in their respective no-hitters!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I like the walk records they keep at Baseball Almanac:

"Most walks in a no-hitter"-- Steve Barber, 1967 (Baltimore), and Jim Maloney, 1965 (Cincinnati), each walked ten batters in their respective no-hitters!

and I think it was nine walks that A.J. Burnett had in his no-hitter with the Marlins.

Members online