Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Looks like I'm going to be driving down to the U of M...Buddy of mine is stranded down there and needs a ride back here to the boonies....Maybe I'll see if there's a hobby shop near there to make the trip worth while...

If you happen to see Nick Bjugstad, tell him I said hi.

He doesn't know who I am though.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
I don't know if I posted any fishing pictures this season yet. Here they are.

001.JPG
My fellow fishing buddy Jerry, and my apprentice electrician years ago. He retired last October also.

002.JPG
I'm getting fat again.

003.JPG
Got the locator going

005.JPG

A nice 26-3/4" northern pike.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I don't know if I posted any fishing pictures this season yet. Here they are.

View attachment 11428
My fellow fishing buddy Jerry, and my apprentice electrician years ago. He retired last October also.

View attachment 11429
I'm getting fat again.

View attachment 11430
Got the locator going

View attachment 11431

A nice 26-3/4" northern pike.

Nice pike! I've never ice fished in my life but it seems like it would be a fun time.

I've got a little honey hole in Sarasota that I fish regularly and catch flounder, sea trout, redfish, snapper, snook and even caught a few sharks

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Best of luck with the inspection/audit.
I totally agree with you on the sick child issue. Mine are 25, 22 & 19 and I still would rather be sick than see any of them sick.

Well the audit went great. I was tod by the auditor that he'd never seen such great organization of files(good thing he doesn't come look at my baseball card room) but it seems like its between us and one other FBO on the field. If we do happen to get the contract it will be an additional 250,000 gallons of fuel sales per year so it would be a nice raise for me

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
More pictures.

002.JPG

001.JPG

003.JPG
A really nice smallmouth bass, didn't weight it or measure the fish. Probably 5 lbs, 20"+

004.JPG
And Greg is the guy that caught it. Very nice fish, and it was released back into the lake.

005.JPG

Another nice northern pike I caught.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
[MENTION=4746]hoopster3977[/MENTION] I have to ask but are Pike a good tasting fish or is it just a fun catch?

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
@hoopster3977 I have to ask but are Pike a good tasting fish or is it just a fun catch?

Pike is excellent to eat. White flaky flesh, they are just difficult to filet and get the "y" bones out. They are slimy bastards.

I haven't caught a walleye yet this year, by this time last year I had already caught 10 legal ones. I did talk to the State of Michigan biologist on Saturday, he was taking a survey on the lake we where fishing. I guess they stocked the lake last spring with 10,000 3" fingerling walleye.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Pike is excellent to eat. White flaky flesh, they are just difficult to filet and get the "y" bones out. They are slimy bastards.

I haven't caught a walleye yet this year, by this time last year I had already caught 10 legal ones. I did talk to the State of Michigan biologist on Saturday, he was taking a survey on the lake we where fishing. I guess they stocked the lake last spring with 10,000 3" fingerling walleye.

Pike food, lol.

VERY nice smallie Ralph. I miss fishing so bad. :(

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Pike food, lol.

VERY nice smallie Ralph. I miss fishing so bad. :(

The biologist told me that pike are really aggressive while young. When they get the size I posted, they might eat every other day. Yea, the small fry are snacks for the pike. He also told me that a 41" muskie was speared on the lake not far from the shack. It is legal to spear in Michigan, didn't know that until I moved here. I only thought the the Indian tribes could spear, but that's in Wisconsin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts