Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Boom!

1909-11 T206 Christy Mathewson Pitching (Dark Cap) Piedmont:
B535E5B6-3BFB-479F-AB99-0446784E4E4F-3351-000003A090D6CAA6.jpg
4E9D53B3-6325-4FCE-8601-506F3C139257-3351-000003A0835CF2AE.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just got the email that my 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Albert Belle is graded... I know their a tough grade, so hopefully I did alright... going to pick it up tomorrow morning at 8am :)

If nothing else, hope it at least matches this one ;)

c4c005af.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good luck Mac!

Thanks Steve. Grading is new to me lol... this is actually the first time I've sent a card in myself... the one I showed above I purchased already slabbed, so something told me to slab the other one to match... just hope the grade comes out.

Speaking of grading, what is the feeling between beckett vs PSA? From looking through pop reports, PSA seems to have a lot more graded than Beckett but that's probably because they've been around longer? Also, any thoughts on who is tougher? From looking at it quickly, looks like Beckett might be a tougher grade?

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Thanks Steve. Grading is new to me lol... this is actually the first time I've sent a card in myself... the one I showed above I purchased already slabbed, so something told me to slab the other one to match... just hope the grade comes out.

Speaking of grading, what is the feeling between beckett vs PSA? From looking through pop reports, PSA seems to have a lot more graded than Beckett but that's probably because they've been around longer? Also, any thoughts on who is tougher? From looking at it quickly, looks like Beckett might be a tougher grade?

I can't really give you an accurate comparison on the two Mac. All I've ever graded is prospects, so I've always used BGS. I've heard they are tougher, but it seems that BGS is more prospect and PSA is more vintage.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
I can't really give you an accurate comparison on the two Mac. All I've ever graded is prospects, so I've always used BGS. I've heard they are tougher, but it seems that BGS is more prospect and PSA is more vintage.

This seems to be the consensus that I have found when looking into both as well. I've used BGS for both of my subs because 1) I like the look of the flips/cases from BGS better and 2) both subs have been prospects/rookie cards.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well its trying to snow right now. The sun is still shining but there is a little snow coming down. The little bit that is sticking looks like fake snow even. I'm hoping that it doesn't snow too much tonight

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Well its trying to snow right now. The sun is still shining but there is a little snow coming down. The little bit that is sticking looks like fake snow even. I'm hoping that it doesn't snow too much tonight

We might get snow tonight/tomorrow....here is hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts