Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Pharis

Received a Ted Williams autographed 8x10 this weekend from @A_Pharis that I need to get graded. It looks so good...I'm very impressed with the auto and even more impressed with Adam. Amazing gesture to put that in the Upper Echelon thread and the style in which he did it. Thanks again Adam and I have never graded anything...but I will probably send in some additional items. How do I go about doing this? Never graded anything before.

*bows*

Your best option is to check out a PSA/DNA group sub ( [MENTION=2418]George_Calfas[/MENTION] ) or to ask [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] if he'll be having anyone be in-shop anytime where you can send it in.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Happy Monday, everyone. Have a nice weekend? Can't believe more snow here today - thought maybe we were done for the year.

Well, I agreed to sell my Mark Grace Crusade Prototype rainbow. Man, not an easy decision. But the buyer was motivated. He's negotiating with some other collectors that read this board, so I won't say the final price, but suffice it to say I'll be going on a nice week-long July vacation in Michigan including cabin rental on a lake with fishing and paddle boat included, theme park admissions to Michigan Adventure, and spending money. The boys are excited, and so am I! I've made peace with the decision - I think I need more life experiences and less cardboard.

Small mailday today - very small! I actually thought I got a package with just bubble wrap in it, couldn't even see the pin at first. Think I got a nice deal on this for my Rabbit collection... it wasn't listed as a 1930 Cracker Jack, just a "premium pin". $23 total dlvd.

maranville30CJPIN.jpg

Congrats man!!

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
Happy Monday, everyone. Have a nice weekend? Can't believe more snow here today - thought maybe we were done for the year.

Well, I agreed to sell my Mark Grace Crusade Prototype rainbow. Man, not an easy decision. But the buyer was motivated. He's negotiating with some other collectors that read this board, so I won't say the final price, but suffice it to say I'll be going on a nice week-long July vacation in Michigan including cabin rental on a lake with fishing and paddle boat included, theme park admissions to Michigan Adventure, and spending money. The boys are excited, and so am I! I've made peace with the decision - I think I need more life experiences and less cardboard.

Small mailday today - very small! I actually thought I got a package with just bubble wrap in it, couldn't even see the pin at first. Think I got a nice deal on this for my Rabbit collection... it wasn't listed as a 1930 Cracker Jack, just a "premium pin". $23 total dlvd.

maranville30CJPIN.jpg

Sorry you'll lose the piece of the collection, but I'm in agreement: life experiences > cardboard. And it's beautiful here in summer...I'm sure your trip will be memorable. Make sure to have the camera on hand!!

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Received a Ted Williams autographed 8x10 this weekend from @A_Pharis that I need to get graded. It looks so good...I'm very impressed with the auto and even more impressed with Adam. Amazing gesture to put that in the Upper Echelon thread and the style in which he did it. Thanks again Adam and I have never graded anything...but I will probably send in some additional items. How do I go about doing this? Never graded anything before.

:eek::eek::eek:

Jealous to the n-th degree. Congrats sir! I'd love to see a scan of it if you've got one!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Sorry you'll lose the piece of the collection, but I'm in agreement: life experiences > cardboard. And it's beautiful here in summer...I'm sure your trip will be memorable. Make sure to have the camera on hand!!

I'm sure kicking back drinking a few brews and throwin' a line in the water at the end of this dock will help. Just reserved this place on Twin Lakes near Muskegon for mid-July. Planning things to do already: tour USS LST 393, roller coasters at Michigan Adventure, check out lighthouse, beach and boardwalk in Grand Haven. This long winter is giving me cabin fever!

cabin2.jpg

cabin1.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good afternoon. Done with 2/3 classes for the day. Gotta run to the PO, the store, and then fill the car up. There goes probably $50+ out the window since the PO will be $10+

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Just had a pretty nice mail day. Thought I'd share here. [MENTION=2520]ChasHawk[/MENTION] here's the Williams I told you about

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1363634077.545874.jpg

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1363634101.829837.jpg

Here's a non PC item but a nice one nonetheless

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1363634145.915410.jpg

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I'm sure kicking back drinking a few brews and throwin' a line in the water at the end of this dock will help. Just reserved this place on Twin Lakes near Muskegon for mid-July. Planning things to do already: tour USS LST 393, roller coasters at Michigan Adventure, check out lighthouse, beach and boardwalk in Grand Haven. This long winter is giving me cabin fever!

cabin2.jpg

cabin1.jpg

Cabin fever doesn't mean go get in another cabin!!! LOL

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Stopped in Meijers at lunchtime. $11.99 value box at Meijers yeilded these. Any ideas what the 2007 Bumgarner Tri-Star auto is worth? Numbered to 50. There's one on eBay for $34.99, but it's an unsold relist. I don't follow Tri-Star at all.

valuebox.jpg

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
Stopped in Meijers at lunchtime. $11.99 value box at Meijers yeilded these. Any ideas what the 2007 Bumgarner Tri-Star auto is worth? Numbered to 50. There's one on eBay for $34.99, but it's an unsold relist. I don't follow Tri-Star at all.

valuebox.jpg

Dang dude....pretty good pulls for $12. I'm always happy just for getting a GU in balusters these days.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Hey all, got a huge addition to my Watergate collection today.

First, a little story on the funding of this one. A few weeks ago I bought the last three packs of SP Authentic Football at the LCS. I was told that they were "pretty sure" that the patch auto had been pulled, so I got all three packs for $6 total. In the first pack, I pulled a nice two color, patch auto (on card) of Seattle's Russell Wilson. I was going to keep it for awhile, but, after looking at the prices similar cards were getting on ebay (between 120-150 average), I got to thinking. I thought, hmmmm, if I sell this thing, I bet it would put me pretty close to what I needed for what may be the crown jewel of my Watergate collection. So, I made a deal with a collector from the LCS and sold the Wilson for $125 cash. Went to the bank, deposited it, and then started hunting some bookcollector boards/sites.

I had considered looking for a PSA/DNA of this guy, but didn't feel particularly comfortable with some of the "authentic" signatures out there. What I did find was right up my alley, however.

So, with no further ado, here 'tis:

Easton Press Signed Edition of The Memoirs of Richard Nixon:

001-8.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-2.jpg

Super pumped to get this one in hand, finally. The price, including shipping was $131. So, subtracting the Wilson money (which, as we know, doesn't count as real money), this cost me $5!

It is odd that one of my biggest purchases is of a person who I really do not admire at all. Regardless of what he said, he was a crook. But, I wanted my Watergate collection to be as complete as possible, and, it's history, after all.

Surprisingly, his is not the most expensive Watergate signature that I was looking for. There are a couple other guys that will probably/definitely be pricier. I will get those one day (Hunt, Barker, Felt), but this one is awesome.

Anyways, we now return you to our regularly scheduled broadcast. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts