Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Wow, my mom's bank knows how to throw a company outing. For all 9 innings of yesterday's Kane County Cougars game, me and the boys had all-you-could eat hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, chicken breasts, chips, potato salad, fruit, popcorn, peanuts and ice cream sandwiches; and all-you-could-drink Miller Lite, wine, soda and water. Plus the kids each got a free hat, foam Cougar claw, and wristbands for the kid's area with inflatables, batting cage and pitching radar gun. We had a picnic table and umbrella all to ourselves in the right field bleachers. Didn't spend a dime the whole day!

933961_10201946069152488_633655236_n.jpg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
A huge card will making its way to my pc soon thanks to a mega assist from @George_Calfas. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go after it but having it was necessary. Did I mention it is a HUGE CARD?

Nope!

Oh and Good Moring gang. It seems I busy again this week.
Seen a friend of mine and wife, kids yesterday at the Union meeting. So as I was out back talking to the his wife she told me that Jeff's getting laid-off for a little bit from Caterpillar and the car needs something done to the right front hub. And on top of that she did not get asked to work at the school this year, she did last year got a position to help with kids that have autisum since thier son has it, but budget cuts so no work for her either. Jeff an his wife are great people and him being a Veteran makes me connect with them even more.

So I asked him what he needed for the part to the car since he drives in from Rockford IL everyday. 45 minutes a best. He said around 150.00 installed thru a friend. Well I have some money saved will be giving him money to make sure that car does not break down so he can get to work until mid September when the layoff comes.

So it looks like I'll need to dig in to the old boxes and sell some thing. It's only to replace the money I'll give him and nothing more ;)

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Wow, my mom's bank knows how to throw a company outing. For all 9 innings of yesterday's Kane County Cougars game, me and the boys had all-you-could eat hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, chicken breasts, chips, potato salad, fruit, popcorn, peanuts and ice cream sandwiches; and all-you-could-drink Miller Lite, wine, soda and water. Plus the kids each got a free hat, foam Cougar claw, and wristbands for the kid's area with inflatables, batting cage and pitching radar gun. We had a picnic table and umbrella all to ourselves in the right field bleachers. Didn't spend a dime the whole day!

Brad 5th 3rd rocks

They gave 25k to the fox valley breakfast club so we can get the Vietnam moving wall here in Nov for veterans week end.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
In before Noon. Good morning all.

Making raspberry jam today. Everyone have a great day. And yes the Fifth/Third Bank has some awesome employees from the experiences I have had in the past.

Alex, PICTURES!!!!!!!

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Getting up at four to drive an hour and a half, to work ten hours, then drive home probably another two hours, to get home eat dinner and go to bed, not quite the life I envisioned for myself

I get up at 3;30ish, drive 45 min, at work for 11, and drive home everyday but Sunday :)

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Brad 5th 3rd rocks

They gave 25k to the fox valley breakfast club so we can get the Vietnam moving wall here in Nov for veterans week end.

They seem like a pretty decent bank. They had a fund-raiser booth at the game for Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, throwing quarters on a plate to win a "Make a Change" teddy bear. Good cause.

You were in Union, IL yesterday - or a Union worker meeting? Union is close to Rockford, so wasn't sure - Union is right next to Huntley.

Last edited:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I had a friend that owned a bar in Rockford ------------------------ one of the few bars I missed in the early 1970's

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Decent mailday today, added 10 cards today! Among them, Wilhelm and Sain! After two I won yesterday, down to 59!!!

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Thanks!! Have found some really good deals! Makes it easier since it is my only active set right now!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Nope!

Oh and Good Moring gang. It seems I busy again this week.
Seen a friend of mine and wife, kids yesterday at the Union meeting. So as I was out back talking to the his wife she told me that Jeff's getting laid-off for a little bit from Caterpillar and the car needs something done to the right front hub. And on top of that she did not get asked to work at the school this year, she did last year got a position to help with kids that have autisum since thier son has it, but budget cuts so no work for her either. Jeff an his wife are great people and him being a Veteran makes me connect with them even more.

So I asked him what he needed for the part to the car since he drives in from Rockford IL everyday. 45 minutes a best. He said around 150.00 installed thru a friend. Well I have some money saved will be giving him money to make sure that car does not break down so he can get to work until mid September when the layoff comes.

So it looks like I'll need to dig in to the old boxes and sell some thing. It's only to replace the money I'll give him and nothing more ;)

Great gesture Rich! I always enjoy hearing about your stories with the veterans, and all of the great things you do to help those around you! Speaking of which, I'm a broke college student who needs to replace his tailpipe and muffler :lol:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

That is awesome

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Took the new ride out for a spin. I like how it runs. It will need new a new windshield, as well as a recharge for the A/C and front end alignment.

For a Minnesota car, it's got very little body rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts