Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

********** The Morning Thread **********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Hope Max has a great 1st day of school!!

Today is freshman "drop-off" day at the college where I work (and went as an undergrad). Always makes me think back to when I was a frosh and this year has me thinking about next year when I drop off my oldest, somewhere yet-to-be-determined.

Anyone back to less sentimental stuff....

Received this yesterday after perusing the 2009 version in Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago.

[center:c8wlgrb8]bbcardcatalogue.jpg[/center:c8wlgrb8]

It is a MUST HAVE for any serious collector. I paid $8 (incl S&H) for the 2008 version. Found a half-a-dozen vintage Ted Wiliams cards that I never knew existed. Anyone else have this....??

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
steve-a-reno said:
Morning fellas, well its official burbank sucks. As if I didn't like them enough already (I am not a fan at all) I went against my own rule and bought from them. ::facepalm:: A card I was watching on auction was darn near identical to a patch they had in there store. The auction card went @$70 and they had their's in the store at just under $50, so I bought. Got the package last night and opened it. Instead of a nice 4 color vintage patch sp I get a plain black jersey. Have already contacted them, but am already not getting a good feeling about it. Damn....
Dude, that sucks. What a crock. Seems like you should be able to print out the auction page with the picture and show them. Item not described should get your money back at least, right?

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
wideright said:
steve-a-reno said:
Morning fellas, well its official burbank sucks. As if I didn't like them enough already (I am not a fan at all) I went against my own rule and bought from them. ::facepalm:: A card I was watching on auction was darn near identical to a patch they had in there store. The auction card went @$70 and they had their's in the store at just under $50, so I bought. Got the package last night and opened it. Instead of a nice 4 color vintage patch sp I get a plain black jersey. Have already contacted them, but am already not getting a good feeling about it. Damn....
Dude, that sucks. What a crock. Seems like you should be able to print out the auction page with the picture and show them. Item not described should get your money back at least, right?

I hope. What really sucks is that it was a sweet card. Just confirms how much I hate burbank.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
steve-a-reno said:
wideright said:
[quote="steve-a-reno":35w0o02l]Morning fellas, well its official burbank sucks. As if I didn't like them enough already (I am not a fan at all) I went against my own rule and bought from them. ::facepalm:: A card I was watching on auction was darn near identical to a patch they had in there store. The auction card went @$70 and they had their's in the store at just under $50, so I bought. Got the package last night and opened it. Instead of a nice 4 color vintage patch sp I get a plain black jersey. Have already contacted them, but am already not getting a good feeling about it. Damn....

I hope. What really sucks is that it was a sweet card. Just confirms how much I hate burbank.[/quote:35w0o02l]
I hope they don't EVER list a card I need for the set. That will be a sad day. I've heard nothing but bad experiences about them.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
wideright said:
steve-a-reno said:
wideright said:
[quote="steve-a-reno":2uwqbb0a]Morning fellas, well its official burbank sucks. As if I didn't like them enough already (I am not a fan at all) I went against my own rule and bought from them. ::facepalm:: A card I was watching on auction was darn near identical to a patch they had in there store. The auction card went @$70 and they had their's in the store at just under $50, so I bought. Got the package last night and opened it. Instead of a nice 4 color vintage patch sp I get a plain black jersey. Have already contacted them, but am already not getting a good feeling about it. Damn....

I hope. What really sucks is that it was a sweet card. Just confirms how much I hate burbank.
I hope they don't EVER list a card I need for the set. That will be a sad day. I've heard nothing but bad experiences about them.[/quote:2uwqbb0a]

They have the maddux/cone for the low price of $49,999........ ::facepalm:: ;)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
George_Calfas said:
Do you guys ever take second chance offers? Just got one for a auction that ended 3 weeks ago, could be ok. It is for a A&G Red ink auto, bought the same card days later for $5 less but with the new guy being a Juggernaut I could flip my doubles?

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
steve-a-reno said:
wideright said:
[quote="steve-a-reno":1dv26nq5]
wideright said:
[quote="steve-a-reno":1dv26nq5]Morning fellas, well its official burbank sucks. As if I didn't like them enough already (I am not a fan at all) I went against my own rule and bought from them. ::facepalm:: A card I was watching on auction was darn near identical to a patch they had in there store. The auction card went @$70 and they had their's in the store at just under $50, so I bought. Got the package last night and opened it. Instead of a nice 4 color vintage patch sp I get a plain black jersey. Have already contacted them, but am already not getting a good feeling about it. Damn....

I hope they don't EVER list a card I need for the set. That will be a sad day. I've heard nothing but bad experiences about them.[/quote:1dv26nq5]

They have the maddux/cone for the low price of $49,999........ ::facepalm:: ;)[/quote:1dv26nq5]
:lol: :lol: Don't scare me like that... :shock:

George_Calfas said:
Do you guys ever take second chance offers? Just got one for a auction that ended 3 weeks ago, could be ok. It is for a A&G Red ink auto, bought the same card days later for $5 less but with the new guy being a Juggernaut I could flip my doubles?
Is this considered talking to yourself? :lol: I've only ever received a second chance and I took it. That was a long time ago. Did you receive an answer from the big spender about your reds? If he's communicating with you I'd say good chance you could probably flip. Depends on what he said.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
steve-a-reno said:
wideright said:
[quote="steve-a-reno":2tr4uzfr]
wideright said:
[quote="steve-a-reno":2tr4uzfr]Morning fellas, well its official burbank sucks. As if I didn't like them enough already (I am not a fan at all) I went against my own rule and bought from them. ::facepalm:: A card I was watching on auction was darn near identical to a patch they had in there store. The auction card went @$70 and they had their's in the store at just under $50, so I bought. Got the package last night and opened it. Instead of a nice 4 color vintage patch sp I get a plain black jersey. Have already contacted them, but am already not getting a good feeling about it. Damn....

I hope they don't EVER list a card I need for the set. That will be a sad day. I've heard nothing but bad experiences about them.[/quote:2tr4uzfr]

They have the maddux/cone for the low price of $49,999........ ::facepalm:: ;)[/quote:2tr4uzfr]
:lol: :lol: Don't scare me like that... :shock:

George_Calfas said:
Is this considered talking to yourself? (Edit: when you quote yourself, that is) :lol: I've only ever received a second chance and I took it. That was a long time ago. Did you receive an answer from the big spender about your reds? If he's communicating with you I'd say good chance you could probably flip. Depends on what he said.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
George - I dont know that I have ever had that option. That being said if the seller had 99% feedback I would probably go for it

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Here's the 3 Bay's I got yesterday.

Buyback #/24 (only need the Bowman Originals Red to finish the rainbow)

2006BowmanOriginalsBuybackAutograph.jpg

# 05/15

2007ExquisiteCollectionRookieSignat.jpg

Gold auto

2008SportkingsFutureSportkingsAutog.jpg

Art

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
gvsu96 said:
Went off with out a hitch. :cry:

George- Sheriff?
Art- Nice Bay cards. The box went out yesterday. You might get it tomorrow.

Friend of my dad, the old man was a strange bird and often had the young GC doing odd stuff, funny now not then

Here is the auction link [ebay:1gyp8ih0]120464821150[/ebay:1gyp8ih0]

Members online

Latest posts