Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
muskiesfan said:
Dave (p)- Thank you. I thought the piece of football was a cool touch too. The Timelines is a nice card too. You mentioned awhile ago that you had to upgrade to photobucket pro, but that you were going to try to start a site. How's that coming along? I think people with incredible collections (this includes you) should definitely have a website to showcase their collections. I don't know **** about making a site, so I don't know how difficult it is, but I was just wondering if that was still the plan.

Joe thanks for the kind words about my Bay collection. as for the website I started working on a freewebs site and it just got to annoying so I gave up. I don't know anything about making a site either and at first it seemed easy but then I was just having too much trouble. so for now I will just stick to photobucket pro.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Josh - WOOHOO!!! What an awesome week of news, first Julie, now the paid case and a draft to finish it off :mrgreen: :cool:

Joe - I am a HUGE fan of card tricks...know quite a few myself. I can also solve a rubik's cube under 3 minutes EVERY time. Fun to show people who don't expect it...I have won free ice cream and a pitcher of beer due to that "skill" :lol:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I'd like to develop a site at some point as well, Joe. I need some work on my computer skills first :D

Also, there is exactly 1 card trick that I do well that is based on math. At some point I would like to learn more.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
metallicalex777 said:
Josh - WOOHOO!!! What an awesome week of news, first Julie, now the paid case and a draft to finish it off :mrgreen: :cool:

Joe - I am a HUGE fan of card tricks...know quite a few myself. I can also solve a rubik's cube under 3 minutes EVERY time. Fun to show people who don't expect it...I have won free ice cream and a pitcher of beer due to that "skill" :lol:

I used to just peel the stickers when I was a kid and solve the cube... :D

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
MojoDan said:
metallicalex777 said:

I used to just peel the stickers when I was a kid and solve the cube... :D

:lol: The one I have at work is well used so I always get blamed for doing just that. Talk about a useless talent...although I am a huge fan of useless trivia and talent, makes the awkward times even better ;)

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
metallicalex777 said:

Alex- I floated the rest of the case right now since payments aren't due in full until the 26th. I didn't want to miss out on snagging one at $530 for D&A plus they are sending some packs of APOH to bust too. I'll bust those before we do the case and give the hits to the proper team owners.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Dave (p)- I wish I could offer some assistance. I tried using freewebs as well. It started off really easy, but then it went downhill. :lol: I would love to have my own site one day. Best of luck to you. I hope you find a way to get one going. I would be a frequent visitor to your site. ;)

Alex- That's awesome! I can do a cube in just about 2 minutes. I normally only bring it up if I'm at someone's house or out somewhere and someone has one. I always get a kick out of people saying "it's impossible" and then solving it. :lol: I used to almost always carry a deck of cards with me. Of course I was accused of having a trick deck even after I would let people thouroughly inspect it. So now I just use their own deck of cards. It works better for the tricks now too. :D

Charlie- I would be a frequent visitor to your site as well. I hope you get one going. I'll probably have to pay someone so that I can have a site. :lol: I don't use math card tricks because I've never cared much for math (sorry George :oops: ).

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Charlie that Transformers DVD should be awesome. I didn't even know it existed and have added it to my Netflix queue as well as season's 2 & 3.

Josh that's great that you ordered the case and got bonus packs. Sunday night is fine with me for the team draft.

Dan that is the only way I could ever solve the Rubix Cube also. I still have one somewhere that I "solved". the stickers went on pretty smoothly and you really can't tell.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
pghbuccos said:
Charlie that Transformers DVD should be awesome. I didn't even know it existed and have added it to my Netflix queue as well as season's 2 & 3.

Josh that's great that you ordered the case and got bonus packs. Sunday night is fine with me for the team draft.

Dan that is the only way I could ever solve the Rubix Cube also. I still have one somewhere that I "solved". the stickers went on pretty smoothly and you really can't tell.

I want to say I was 5 or 6 at the time...I think I could probably do it now :ugeek:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
MojoDan said:
pghbuccos said:

I want to say I was 5 or 6 at the time...I think I could probably do it now :ugeek:

I was probably 10 or 11 when I did it. maybe I should go out and buy one and give it another try.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I dont know of anyone that does a better hobby site than gracecollector. Brad is just awesome at logos/card stuff as a whole...

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
chashawk said:
Is it lunch time? I was fartin around with photoshop and just now noticed its 1 o'clock already :lol:

They say time flies once you hit 29 + 2...I believe em

:lol:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
MojoDan said:
chashawk said:
Is it lunch time? I was fartin around with photoshop and just now noticed its 1 o'clock already :lol:

They say time flies once you hit 29 + 2...I believe em

:lol:

I heard you are lucky to even notice the time at the old age of 29+2...good thing I have +2 left before I get there myself :lol:

gvsu96 said:
metallicalex777 said:

Alex- I floated the rest of the case right now since payments aren't due in full until the 26th. I didn't want to miss out on snagging one at $530 for D&A plus they are sending some packs of APOH to bust too. I'll bust those before we do the case and give the hits to the proper team owners.

Josh - WOW!!! That is awesome of you man!!! Thanks a ton...I am seriously SUPER PUMPED for our break. It makes a HUGE difference that we all know each other durning the breaks...makes the small talk TONS of fun :D

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Same here. I am hoping for a good draft pick with my slot but I could care less if works out otherwise...

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, only took me all day to get on here and actually have a few minutes to read the thread. How's it going fellas? I saw some nice pickups... Joe, Dave, Charlie (bday present). Nice ones guys.

Josh- money on its way in a sec.

Interesting fact of day (for me). Mickey Mantle was from Oklahoma, actually born about an hour and 20 minutes from where I live. I read it in the Mantle piece that TK sent for "winning" his contest (thanks Chas! ;) ) I wonder if the town has some sort of memorial for him there. I'll have to look into it.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
wideright said:
Wow, only took me all day to get on here and actually have a few minutes to read the thread. How's it going fellas? I saw some nice pickups... Joe, Dave, Charlie (bday present). Nice ones guys.

Interesting fact of day (for me). Mickey Mantle was from Oklahoma, actually born about an hour and 20 minutes from where I live. I read it in the Mantle piece that TK sent for "winning" his contest (thanks Chas! ;) ) I wonder if the town has some sort of memorial for him there. I'll have to look into it.

That contest now has me watching a set on ebay...

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
MojoDan said:
wideright said:

That contest now has me watching a set on ebay...
Hopefully if you get one it comes with the story sheet too. Enjoyed reading it. I need to read more baseball books.

Members online

Latest posts