Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

========== The Morning Thread =========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Maine - Was going to send you a PM this week to see if all is okay. Glad to see you.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
MaineMule said:
...some of you might remember me from the last couple of years as a regular MTer ;) Life has very much gotten in the way of my hobby time and message board time. For those who dont know me, I am a BIG Sox fan, Ted W., vintage (50's), and HOF auto collector and great baseball fan in general.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi and let you know that I am the proud parent of a high school grad!! Oldest son graduated yesterday. We are proud of him and all that he has accomplished in life (so far). I'm also proud of his baseball accomplishments. As a senior he has not been an every day player BUT has contributed to the team as a spot starter (pitching) and reliever, and with a couple early season hits that helped the team. (Personal highlight was CG 5 inning win due to 10 run-rule shutout a few weeks ago.) He has been the model teammate, never complaining about the lack of playing time. His team plays in the regional state quarter finals today and it is certainly very possible he either starts or relieves in this game.

Thanks for reading and hope those who I frequently corresponded with are well :D

SCOTT!!! Wow man, nice to see you stop in. Congrats on the proud parenthood, it is a great feeling isn't it? Congrats to the youngster also for the HS graduation.
You should try to stop by now and then if just to say hi and bye. A bunch of us miss BS'in with ya.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Morning/afternoon guys! Late post here but I finally made it. Been a busy morning.

Big thanks to Darren for an unexpected package I received yesterday! He sent a nice lot of serial numbered cards and extras. Here are the scans:

from_darren_1.jpg
from_darren_2.jpg
from_darren_3.jpg

Then a cool lot of DLP cards all stamped SAMPLE :eek:

from_darren_4.jpg
from_darren_5.jpg

Here are the backs of a few to see the Sample stamps.
from_darren_6.png

THANKS D!!! Some nice additions to the boys' PCs!! :cool:

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
thefatguy said:
Colorado is joining the Pac-10...11 now I guess...

Bye Bye Big XII

Waiting for N to make it official!
Interesting...

Morning guys. I'm off to Coors.
Have a good day.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
MaineMule said:
...some of you might remember me from the last couple of years as a regular MTer ;) Life has very much gotten in the way of my hobby time and message board time. For those who dont know me, I am a BIG Sox fan, Ted W., vintage (50's), and HOF auto collector and great baseball fan in general.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi and let you know that I am the proud parent of a high school grad!! Oldest son graduated yesterday. We are proud of him and all that he has accomplished in life (so far). I'm also proud of his baseball accomplishments. As a senior he has not been an every day player BUT has contributed to the team as a spot starter (pitching) and reliever, and with a couple early season hits that helped the team. (Personal highlight was CG 5 inning win due to 10 run-rule shutout a few weeks ago.) He has been the model teammate, never complaining about the lack of playing time. His team plays in the regional state quarter finals today and it is certainly very possible he either starts or relieves in this game.

Thanks for reading and hope those who I frequently corresponded with are well :D
Hi Scott! Very cool! Congrats to your son, congrats to you and your wife, and good luck in today's game! Hope all is well and stay in touch ;)

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Scott!!! Great to see you, my friend. I was talking to Dave (w) earlier this week about how it's been awhile and I hoped things were going well your way. Congrats to your son on graduation! Good luck to him at the game today.

Dave (w)- Sweet cards! A lot of nice stuff there for you and the boys.

Darren- Very nice move sending the cards to Dave.

Charlie- Reese's Cups are one of the greatest things known to man. I think they lace them with something because they are so damn addictive. I don't really care for chocolate that much, but I love some Reese's Cups.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
MojoDan said:
where did everyone go?
Had to step out for a minute. :)

muskiesfan said:
Charlie- Reese's Cups are one of the greatest things known to man. I think they lace them with something because they are so damn addictive. I don't really care for chocolate that much, but I love some Reese's Cups.
Joe - I am a fan of just about any combination of chocolate and peanut butter, but Reese's are the top of the mountain, brother.
Especially the holiday ones. Eggs, pumpkins, trees, etc. I think they put even more heroine into those.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
A peanut butter cup would be so good right now. So would a COLD york from the fridge.

:evil:

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
chashawk said:
MojoDan said:
where did everyone go?
Had to step out for a minute. :)

muskiesfan said:
Joe - I am a fan of just about any combination of chocolate and peanut butter, but Reese's are the top of the mountain, brother.
Especially the holiday ones. Eggs, pumpkins, trees, etc. I think they put even more heroine into those.

Preach it brother! Those holiday ones are exceptional. It takes a lot of will power not to buy stores out of stock. :lol: When I was a kid, my mom would always get me a chocolate bunny for Easter. I would always break it up and dip it into peanut butter and eat it. Peanut butter and chocolate go very well together, Reese's just perfected it. :D

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
IndyMann said:
chowell3fan said:
Dan, I just had a HUGE craving for ice cream, went with Edy's Double Choc Brownie
SO good.
I have the exact ice cream in my freezer and was planning on a bowl in a little bit!

::get out of my head::

so it's not just our love of sarcasm that we have in common, eh Jeff?

Oh, and there is that little part about you rooting for the QB my daughter is named after.

And our love of RR

ooohhh boyyyyy

Members online

Latest posts