Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

========== The Morning Thread =========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Not to pile on, :lol: , but I could easily see Lebron and Bosh or Lebron and Joe Johnson ending up here.

It's not about the $$ for Lebron, it's about which team gives him the best chance to win multiple championships.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Anthony K. said:
[quote="Pine Tar":1a7nx3u1]Morning gang....... Wow sounds like there is a sickness running around the MT group. I have been sick
since Friday and Josh and gang had something recently too. Dan and his crew to I think, and now markakis8 little on is
sick. There seems to be some kind of flu bug still around. My daughter has tonsillitis and she is on antibiotics.

And anyone that thinks Lebron James will come to Chicago and play for the Bulls is the same person thinking the Cubs
and Carlos Zambrano with live in harmony. Lebron is never nor was he ever thinking of coming to the no-look Bulls.

This is very UNTRUE.

LeBron has looked hard and long at the Bulls and I would not be surprised to see him (and Bosh) end up in the Windy City.

Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah and the gang have the most collective talent for him to join (unless Mark Cuban can do a sign-and-trade for him).

And, if it does happen, they would become the best team in the league and quite possibly the most dominant team since the 80's Celtics.[/quote:1a7nx3u1]
George_Calfas said:
[quote="Pine Tar":1a7nx3u1]And anyone that thinks Lebron James will come to Chicago and play for the Bulls is the same person thinking the Cubs and Carlos Zambrano with live in harmony. Lebron is never nor was he ever thinking of coming to the no-look Bulls.

Could not disagree more, only a couple of teams can offer Lebron what the Bulls can....plus this team/management has 6 rings.[/quote:1a7nx3u1]
chashawk said:
Not to pile on, :lol: , but I could easily see Lebron and Bosh or Lebron and Joe Johnson ending up here.

It's not about the $$ for Lebron, it's about which team gives him the best chance to win multiple championships.

Damn :D
pimp-hand-hand-demotivational-poster-1197477609.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
chashawk said:
Not to pile on but when you are tossing slow toss underhand pitches why not, :lol: , but I could easily see Lebron and Bosh or Lebron and Joe Johnson ending up here.

Bingo.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Donruss Legends 10 box case break. Random order then random box. 1 slot = 1 box.
$63.13 per slot shipped.
So far:
Josh
Alex
Jesse
The Richard

6 to fill.

2008 DONRUSS AMERICANA SPORTS LEGENDS

PER BOX ITEMS:
- 4 autograph or memorabilia cards (At least 1 autograph per box).
- 2 parallels
- 2 inserts

PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
Hall of Famers:
Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Cal Ripken, Nolan Ryan, Jim Brown, Joe Montana, Knute Rockne, Dan Marino, John Elway, Larry Bird, Dick Vitale, Jerry West, Bill Walton, Dean Smith, John Wooden, Oscar Robertson, Patrick Roy, Ray Bourque, Paul Coffey, Mike Bossy, Jake LaMotta, Martina Navratilova, Jim Courier, Richard Petty, Bobby Allison, Al Unser, among others.

Legends:
Shoeless Joe Jackson, Pete Rose, Serena Williams, Peggy Fleming, Bas Rutten, Randy Couture, Bruce Jenner, Mike Powell, Cat Osterman, Jennie Finch, Michelle Akers, Lisa Leslie, Sheryl Swoopes, Jeanette Lee, Dennis Rodman, Ron Turcotte, Bela Karolyi, and Pete Weber, among others.

Signature Connection Combo Dual Signed Cards:
Jim Brown/Mike Powell, Bo Jackson/Deion Sanders, Nolan Ryan/Troy Aikman, Al Unser/Richard Petty, Bill Walton/John Wooden, Al Unser Sr./Al Unser Jr., and Bill Walton/Troy Aikman among others.

Legends of the Game Combo Dual Material Cards:
Pete Rose/Shoeless Joe Jackson, Ted Williams/Larry Bird, Knute Rockne/Paul "Bear" Bryant, Willie Mays/Joe Montana, and Cale Yarborough/Richard Petty among others.

Collegiate Legends Patches:
Tom Seaver(USC), Reggie Jackson(Arizona State), Lisa Leslie(USC), Dean Smith(North Carolina), Randy Couture(Oklahoma State), and John Wooden(UCLA & Purdue) among others.

CARD SETS
BASE SET
- Common (150)

- Mirror Parallels (150) - 5 levels, #'d to 250 or less.
- Mirror Signatures (150) - 5 levels featuring a signature, #'d to 250 or less.
- Mirror Materials (150) - 5 levels, #'d to 500 or less.

INSERTS
Legends of the Game Combos (15) - Two swatches, #'d to 100 or less.
- Prime - #'d to 25 or less.

Museum Collection (35) - 6 levels, including signature, material, prime, and material signature versions.

Museum Curator Collection Materials (35) - #'d to 100 or less.
- Prime - #'d to 25 or less.
- Materials Signatures - #'d to 25 or less.

College Heroes (10) - 4 levels, including signature and material versions.

Champions (20) - 4 levels, including signature and material versions.

Collegiate Legends Patches (25) - Features trapped signed ON-CARD embroidered patches and #'d to 250 or less.

Signature Connection Combos (17) - #'d to 100 or less.

Signature Connection Triples (3) - #'d to 250 or less.

Signature Cuts 1-11 (25) - 11 levels featuring a trapped cut signature or signed parchment. Numbering from 100 or less down to 10 or less.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Anthony K. said:
[quote="Pine Tar":2k1z5n1g]Morning gang....... Wow sounds like there is a sickness running around the MT group. I have been sick
since Friday and Josh and gang had something recently too. Dan and his crew to I think, and now markakis8 little on is
sick. There seems to be some kind of flu bug still around. My daughter has tonsillitis and she is on antibiotics.

And anyone that thinks Lebron James will come to Chicago and play for the Bulls is the same person thinking the Cubs
and Carlos Zambrano with live in harmony. Lebron is never nor was he ever thinking of coming to the no-look Bulls.

This is very UNTRUE.

LeBron has looked hard and long at the Bulls and I would not be surprised to see him (and Bosh) end up in the Windy City.

Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah and the gang have the most collective talent for him to join (unless Mark Cuban can do a sign-and-trade for him).

And, if it does happen, they would become the best team in the league and quite possibly the most dominant team since the 80's LAKERS.[/quote:2k1z5n1g]

Had to fix that for you since it was the Lakers who won the most in the 80's...

Lebron is going to Miami with Dwayne Wade :D

Chris Bosh has been talked about heavily as a sign and trade deal no matter where he goes. There has been alot of chatter about the Lakers in that kind of deal but honestly I hope not since they are talking about Bynum.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
This is bad, Merritt last year started out at $40-60. Either this guy was too early or people do not like the design....I am the last. I plan to pick up very few A&G "Framed" Autos this year.

[ebay:3riu2a7t]320554616266[/ebay:3riu2a7t]

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
George_Calfas said:
This is bad, Merritt last year started out at $40-60. Either this guy was too early or people do not like the design....I am the last. I plan to pick up very few A&G "Framed" Autos this year.

[ebay:ex6jq9b1]320554616266[/ebay:ex6jq9b1]

I KNOW I am going to be in the minority, but I kinda like the design.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Morning all,

Happy 1 year anniversary, Tom! (Chris and I have our 6 month wedding anniversary tomorrow).

Interesting day today. My best pal since I was 6 years old is in town for a visit. We will go eat and see a movie. Probably see something that the wives don't want to see.

I am leaning toward Jonah Hex myself. Megan Fox can't act her way out of a soap bubble, but darn, she is fun to look at! :)

Also, I have a ton of old Jonah Hex comic books. I remember that when I first discovered "The Hex" in high school, he was not considered cool anymore, so I got a truckload of old issues for $5! :D

Hope everyone has a good day!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
chowell3fan said:
George_Calfas said:

[ebay:2ttx2jbn]320554616266[/ebay:2ttx2jbn]

I KNOW I am going to be in the minority, but I kinda like the design.

Personally, the red is too much and the interior board gets in the way of the card. I understand the idea but it fails. They should just snug fit/cut the mini card to the frame.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Yeah George, Idk what they were thinking with the interior border, but I do like the red.

I think that auction was just too early, as people are not expecting Ginter for another day or two.

Very nice TTMs Andrew!!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
chashawk said:
I think that auction was just too early, as people are not expecting Ginter for another day or two.

I was wondering this too....but, I search A&G everyday as do many others. Plus many people know the Asian market list on ebay early and word was out that cases arrived prior to the weekend for some people. How the later happened I do not know, WTF!

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
chashawk said:
Yeah George, Idk what they were thinking with the interior border, but I do like the red.

Very nice TTMs Andrew!!

Thanks, Chas. TTM can be an addicting (and cheap) hobby. Still waiting on about ten more requests I sent out in the last two weeks.

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
JackLondon said:
chashawk said:

Very nice TTMs Andrew!!

Thanks, Chas. TTM can be an addicting (and cheap) hobby. Still waiting on about ten more requests I sent out in the last two weeks.

LOVE the TTMs Andrew. The cards you choose are really top notch.

Members online