Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

========== The Morning Thread ==========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
JackLondon said:
darrend505 said:
JackLondon said:
darrend505 said:
JackLondon said:
Morning all,

Got a 97/100 on Paper #2! :geek:

Now to go and read all two pages of the thread...

Morning Andrew, did you see the new Vonnegut book out called, "While Mortals Sleep"?

I haven't but will now look for it!
:)

It's a collection of some of his unpublished short stories! Found it at the library yesterday! I walked by it saw and the Vonnegut eye on thecover and was like this one is new, have never seen it before! Going to start it tomorrow!

Sounds good. I am on a Don Delillo kick lately. Re-read White Noise. Now reading his Libra (historical novel about Lee Harvey Oswald and the JFK assassination). Checked out Harlot's Ghost by Norman Mailer (novel about the postwar CIA). Freakin' thing is 1200 pages!!!

New Stephen King book this fall!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning kids

As for the Cubs game yesterday, come on it is April and the team in is the Diamondbacks as well as it was a Monday day game cold with a threat of rain also. So I would think it would be a small crowd. :lol:

As for who ever is getting the HTC Inspire I have had this for about 2 months now,and I like the phone, you will have to train it
if you plan on posting things that may have a different spelling then the normal because it will pick what it thinks you mean and post it
in your sentence.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
JackLondon said:
darrend505 said:
time to hit the road to work, gotta love getting paid to read a good part of the day!

Meanwhile, I get paid to deal with students who refuse to read...

No justice, I tell ya.
What is this reading thing you talk about, this may be why I can not spell correctly since I don't know how to read. ;)

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Pine Tar said:
JackLondon said:
darrend505 said:
time to hit the road to work, gotta love getting paid to read a good part of the day!

No justice, I tell ya.
What is this reading thing you talk about, this may be why I can not spell correctly since I don't know how to read. ;)

Sorry Richard. Already met my quota of illiterates this semester. Try again in September. :p

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
JackLondon said:
Pine Tar said:
JackLondon said:
darrend505 said:

No justice, I tell ya.

Sorry Richard. Already met my quota of illiterates this semester. Try again in September. :p
:lol: It ok I'm beyond help anyway, just ask a few members on this site they will tell you, since they have told me many a times.
Andrew on the phone I have it has an e-reader and I have started to read White Fang by Jack London, I just started it a few days ago.
I'm a slow reader, I'm about maybe a third of the way thru it.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Pine Tar said:
JackLondon said:
[quote="Pine Tar":3irk9thr]
JackLondon said:
darrend505 said:

No justice, I tell ya.

:lol: It ok I'm beyond help anyway, just ask a few members on this site they will tell you, since they have told me many a times.[/quote:3irk9thr]

But that is your "thing", Richard. Embrace it! :)

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Morning Gents!!! Just woke up and am starting my day off for today and tomorrow. Jen flies home later tonight so that is VERY exciting!!! How has the morning been so far for everyone??

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
metallicalex777 said:
Good Morning Gents!!! Just woke up and am starting my day off for today and tomorrow. Jen flies home later tonight so that is VERY exciting!!! How has the morning been so far for everyone??
Alex where has she been?

Andrew Andrew on the phone I have it has an e-reader and I have started to read White Fang by Jack London, I just started it a few days ago.I'm a slow reader, I'm about maybe a third of the way thru it.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Pine Tar said:
metallicalex777 said:
Alex where has see been?

Andrew Andrew on the phone I have it has an e-reader and I have started to read White Fang by Jack London, I just started it a few days ago.I'm a slow reader, I'm about maybe a third of the way thru it.

One of my favorite titles of all time! I like it even better than Call of the Wild. Pretty sure you will enjoy it!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
JackLondon said:
Pine Tar said:
metallicalex777 said:
Alex where has see been?

One of my favorite titles of all time! I like it even better than Call of the Wild. Pretty sure you will enjoy it!
I do so far. I even think I had read it in High School, for a class I didn't finish since I did not graduate high school back in the early 80's.
I did get a GED though about 10 years later ::facepalm:: Something I'm not real proud of but, I finished none the less. :)

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Pine Tar said:
JackLondon said:
[quote="Pine Tar":16ty92dk]
metallicalex777 said:
Alex where has see been?

I do so far. I even think I had read it in High School, for a class I didn't finish since I did not graduate high school back in the early 80's.
I did get a GED though about 10 years later ::facepalm:: Something I'm not real proud of but, I finished none the less. :)[/quote:16ty92dk]

Nothing to be ashamed of, Richard. Chris was a high school dropout herself and later got her GED and then went to university to get two degrees (currently working on a third).

I "graduated" high school with a stellar 1.6 GPA, myself.... :oops:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Ok someone's clock is a little early, it is only 09:57 here and our air-raid siren is going off.
They test it everyone first Tuesday of the month at 10 am though.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
JackLondon said:
Pine Tar said:
JackLondon said:
[quote="Pine Tar":3hqm231v]
metallicalex777 said:
Alex where has see been?

I did get a GED though about 10 years later ::facepalm:: Something I'm not real proud of but, I finished none the less. :)

Nothing to be ashamed of, Richard. Chris was a high school dropout herself and later got her GED and then went to university to get two degrees (currently working on a third).

I "graduated" high school with a stellar 1.6 GPA, myself.... :oops:[/quote:3hqm231v]
:lol: When I left I only needed to make-up 2 classes I was not going to pass. So I would have been able to do it in the Summer, but I said screw this and left with about only 4 weeks left. When I left I was working a 2.9 GPA. I have taken some college courses and would like to go back and get some kind of degree, but with me working full-time I think I would be attending college until I retire and I may get it by then.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Later Andrew and it seems the threat is over now since the siren has stopped :lol:

I need to get a few packages out to some of my FCB friends on here. Well atleast I think they are anyway.
Peace out guys, I will check-in later from work, going in early again today, since we are short-handed now do to
someone leaving the Company.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Richard - She has been in Fort Collins, CO since Friday. We will most likely be moving there at the end of the summer. She has been chosen for a fully paid graduate school scholarship at Colorado State University :shock: :cool: This is GREAT too because she also gets a job working with the professor for 40 hours a week that will generate both a paycheck on her side away from school as well as give her 2 years hands on working experience that has been needed for the jobs she has continuously applied for and got denied. Its insane in some work areas...they want tons of schooling with amazing grades, but they also want years of experience so it sucks for people like Jen that got their masters from college recently as there is no worked experience.

Andrew - White Fang is definitely a great book!!! I can't remember the authors name, but my favorite book growing up as a kid (pre teen years) was a book called Hatchet...does that ring a bell?? Story about a young kid taking a puddle jumper plane through Alaska to meet his dad. The plane crashes and the book is about his survival in the wilderness for weeks before people were able to find him.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
back. Just sold my lot in the transaction section. It was a really good deal for the buyer. Needed the fundage for a Joe Frazier auto though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts