Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

========== The Morning Thread ==========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
metallicalex777 said:
Richard - She has been in Fort Collins, CO since Friday. We will most likely be moving there at the end of the summer. She has been chosen for a fully paid graduate school scholarship at Colorado State University :shock: :cool: This is GREAT too because she also gets a job working with the professor for 40 hours a week that will generate both a paycheck on her side away from school as well as give her 2 years hands on working experience that has been needed for the jobs she has continuously applied for and got denied. Its insane in some work areas...they want tons of schooling with amazing grades, but they also want years of experience so it sucks for people like Jen that got their masters from college recently as there is no worked experience.

Andrew - White Fang is definitely a great book!!! I can't remember the authors name, but my favorite book growing up as a kid (pre teen years) was a book called Hatchet...does that ring a bell?? Story about a young kid taking a puddle jumper plane through Alaska to meet his dad. The plane crashes and the book is about his survival in the wilderness for weeks before people were able to find him.

You must be excited about the move! Colorado is a great place to live from what I hear. :)

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
alexs64 said:
Gentlemen....I found out this weekend that yours truly is going to be a Grandfather....Now I am only 42, and this is from my Stepson...but nonetheless, I am still going to be a grand dad.... I am excited!!!!!

Congrats to you and your family Alex. :grouphug:

BTW - Your Billingsly xfractor was a GREAT pickup at that price. Been a bit hectic around here the last few days so I didnt get to comment.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Dan - Getting excited...it will be MUCH easier once I get my career move figured out.

Alex - Congrats soon-to-be Gramps :cool:

Charlie - Thanks man!!! I need to start researching to see what other MTers are in a less than 1 days worth driving distance :lol:

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
I already have a vintage signed 54 Mantle but here is another that is currently up for auction and might be a tad nicer then mine.

lf

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Are there no Starbucks offices in Colorado nearby the school?

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
Believe me E I'd love to have mine plus the one I posted but two big auctions are coming up and I want see what is going to be listed in them.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
MojoDan said:

Nada. There is a regional office over an hour away in Denver and that is all Partner Resources stuff that is completely filled. Our department is starting to play around with remote access so I'm hoping we will have a budget to launch that before the move which would be ideal and I would hopefully be one of the "guinea pigs" to get that ball rolling.

Talmer - Holy crap that is an insane looking Mantle!!! The auto looks pretty old too with how it is signed and I think that adds to the uniqueness :)

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
metallicalex777 said:
MojoDan said:

Nada. There is a regional office over an hour away in Denver and that is all Partner Resources stuff that is completely filled. Our department is starting to play around with remote access so I'm hoping we will have a budget to launch that before the move which would be ideal and I would hopefully be one of the "guinea pigs" to get that ball rolling.

Talmer - Holy crap that is an insane looking Mantle!!! The auto looks pretty old too with how it is signed and I think that adds to the uniqueness :)
Alex here is the crappy scan of my 54 Mantle. Both were signed around the same time period 1954-58. Adds to the uniqueness and value. A 54 Mantle with signature that everyone recognizes as his signature sells for about 800 the vintage signed 54 Mantles go for around 1500.

65.jpg

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
birdsfan85 said:
metallicalex777 said:
MojoDan said:

Alex here is the crappy scan of my 54 Mantle. Both were signed around the same time period 1954-58. Adds to the uniqueness and value. A 54 Mantle with signature that everyone recognizes as his signature sells for about 800 the vintage signed 54 Mantles go for around 1500.

65.jpg

I totally see why there would be such a premium. Any chance you could trade yours to the seller and pay any extra to make up for it??

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
It's actually in an auction house (Heritage) so there's really no way I could. I have the money to buy it if I want to and sell mine if I want to or not so I guess I'll be watching but it's at $700ish and ends in over 2 weeks so I'm probably going to pass.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
MojoDan said:
alexs64 said:
Gentlemen....I found out this weekend that yours truly is going to be a Grandfather....Now I am only 42, and this is from my Stepson...but nonetheless, I am still going to be a grand dad.... I am excited!!!!!

Congrats to you and your family Alex. :grouphug:

BTW - Your Billingsly xfractor was a GREAT pickup at that price. Been a bit hectic around here the last few days so I didnt get to comment.

Thank you and thank you..Trust me, I understand HECTIC!!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
metallicalex777 said:
Dan - Getting excited...it will be MUCH easier once I get my career move figured out.

Alex - Congrats soon-to-be Gramps :cool:

Charlie - Thanks man!!! I need to start researching to see what other MTers are in a less than 1 days worth driving distance :lol:

Thanks A-Dog!!

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Jeesh how long was the site down?

Morning

Thanks Dan! Some highlights...Still have MORE to scan. CL has claimed the "pretty blue Lind auto" for her fledgling collection, which is now 3 cards strong (A Kane BAP Auto and Derrick Rose TC RC were her blood donation prizes :shock: )
lindsweetspotau.png

emersonbowbest.png

frankpowerpackdie.png
scoreflutie.png

From Eddie, another Canadian RC autograph.
laforestrc.png

Some mail....$10 for each card, a little more for shipping
05bourquerc.png

iggyaupatch.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts