Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

======= The Morning Thread =======

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
MojoDan said:
Ty Hope said:
cansecoauto.jpg

I still want that one... :twisted:

Right on, Dan. That is a pretty card. I wouldn't mind having one of those either. The 87 Topps looks nice, but I would prefer an 86 Donruss or one like Ty's. Very nice.

Dave (p)- :lol: :lol: Brilliant!

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
Morning all.....

Dave, what's the deal on Crosby? Is there a chance he won't play again? I mean, to miss 10 months for a concusion only to immediately have another......not good.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
pghbuccos said:
Joe how is the job going?

The job is done. When they hired me, they said I could have Thursday Dec. 1 and Sunday Dec. 4 off because we were going to Cincinnati for RedsFest. I told them about it when I got hired and they said it was not a problem. I told them about it the week I was leaving. My supervisor said, no problem. When I went back to work on Monday Dec. 5, they told me I was done. They said I was a no call, no show for that Thursday and Sunday. In the end, it's my fault. I should have made sure I knew the policy. However, being told twice that I could have those 2 days off, no one told me I needed to call out those days.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
steve-a-reno said:
Morning all.....

Dave, what's the deal on Crosby? Is there a chance he won't play again? I mean, to miss 10 months for a concusion only to immediately have another......not good.

good morning Steve.

Sid does not have a concussion. he passed the IMPACT test and his doctor told him he could play. it was his decision not to play because he had some slight concussion-like symptoms (aka a headache) late last week. I think he just got nervous when he had the headache. I would much rather him not play if he doesn't feel right. it's a long season and he has a long career ahead of him.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
muskiesfan said:
pghbuccos said:

The job is done. When they hired me, they said I could have Thursday Dec. 1 and Sunday Dec. 4 off because we were going to Cincinnati for RedsFest. I told them about it when I got hired and they said it was not a problem. I told them about it the week I was leaving. My supervisor said, no problem. When I went back to work on Monday Dec. 5, they told me I was done. They said I was a no call, no show for that Thursday and Sunday. In the end, it's my fault. I should have made sure I knew the policy. However, being told twice that I could have those 2 days off, no one told me I needed to call out those days.

well that sucks. why would you have to call out if you told your supervisor?

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
pghbuccos said:
muskiesfan said:
pghbuccos said:

They said that even though I was approved off by my supervisor, I needed to call in both of those days to let them know I was not going to be in. I told them that no one mentioned that to me and they said oh well.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
That sucks Joe.
I would have done the same thing you did.
On more than one occasion you informed your supervisor of your plan.
To me, that should be enough.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
muskiesfan said:
pghbuccos said:
muskiesfan said:
pghbuccos said:

They said that even though I was approved off by my supervisor, I needed to call in both of those days to let them know I was not going to be in. I told them that no one mentioned that to me and they said oh well.

that sounds like BS to me. did you wish them a Happy Holidays when they fired you?

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I am starting a new Player Collection.

I have a thing for flame throwing Closers. (I was one in College, less the Flame Throwing. Only topped out @ 88mph :D )
I think that when Billy Wagner is up for consideration for the HOF, he will get some SERIOUS interest especially when you look at how dominating he was.
Anyway, there you have it. Another player for me to spend my $$.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
klute14 said:
I am starting a new Player Collection.

I have a thing for flame throwing Closers. (I was one in College, less the Flame Throwing. Only topped out @ 88mph :D )
I think that when Billy Wagner is up for consideration for the HOF, he will get some SERIOUS interest especially when you look at how dominating he was.
Anyway, there you have it. Another player for me to spend my $$.

Certainly not dominating as a Met

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Keith- My thoughts exactly. They knew before Day 1 on the job that I would be gone those 2 days. No one ever told me that I would need to call in as well. You would think that my supervisor might have brought that up one of the several times I spoke to him about it. Good luck with the new player collection!

Dave (p)- At first, I was pretty pissed. I took a minute before I spoke because I may have said some rather unsavory things. I just told them that I didn't agree with the situation, but evidently I broke the rules. No Happy Holidays wishes though. Just a thank you and I walked out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts