Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

======= The Morning Thread =======

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
That sucks about the job, Joe. I always assumed a supervisor's job was to be the person you report to. You reported to him, case closed.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Pete- Yeah it does. Everything will work out though.

Andrew- My thoughts as well. Evidently they operate a little differently. It's all right though. Cue Gloria Gaynor, I Will Survive.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Morning

Ill :evil: Been a porcelain prince all night. Can't even drink water, comes right back up.

So don't work at Dicks or Lowes. Sorry Joe :evil:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
muskiesfan said:
MojoDan said:
Have you finished shopping yet Joe?

For Christmas? Or SS? My victim has already received their mailer. :D

Jess-eh- Thanks brother. Mine was Amazon, not Dick's Sporting Goods. That one never came through.

Christmas...wife and families gifts etc...

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Joe, I am very sorry to hear about your job situation!! That really sucks brother. Hopefully if you are working on it already, something comes through very fast for you. Best of luck.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
MojoDan said:
muskiesfan said:
MojoDan said:

Jess-eh- Thanks brother. Mine was Amazon, not Dick's Sporting Goods. That one never came through.

Thankfully, yes. Christmas shopping is certainly not my favorite thing to do, much to Crystal's chagrin. :lol:

How about you guys? Did you get it busted out early? That Lego deal sounded pretty good.

Alex (s)- Thanks brother. Already filling out applications and sending out resumes.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Joe at least you went out with grace.

lonesomeagle1 said:
Dave-- TSN reported last night that Sid is out indefinitely

he is listed as "out indefinitely" because he told the media yesterday that he doesn't know when he will return.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
pghbuccos said:
Joe at least you went out with grace.

lonesomeagle1 said:
Dave-- TSN reported last night that Sid is out indefinitely

he is listed as "out indefinitely" because he told the media yesterday that he doesn't know when he will return.

I tried. I figured that making a scene wasn't going to get my job back, so might as well kill them with kindness.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
muskiesfan said:
MojoDan said:
muskiesfan said:
MojoDan said:

Thankfully, yes. Christmas shopping is certainly not my favorite thing to do, much to Crystal's chagrin. :lol:

How about you guys? Did you get it busted out early? That Lego deal sounded pretty good.

Alex (s)- Thanks brother. Already filling out applications and sending out resumes.

All of the main stuff was done about a week ago. Now its just extra stuff and minor gifts/giftcards etc. In other words, we only have to go shopping if we WANT to.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Dan- Nice! That's the way to do it. We tried to make sure we were done before December this year. This is the first year in a few that we won't be doing any last minute shopping.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
muskiesfan said:
Dan- Nice! That's the way to do it. We tried to make sure we were done before December this year. This is the first year in a few that we won't be doing any last minute shopping.

We started the main gifts in October, that way we wouldnt have to drop a large sum all at once.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I got up at 6 am yesterday to go out and take some pics of the Sun rising on Pittsburgh...

2011121206.jpg

2011121216-2.jpg

here's a better look at the observation decks that I mentioned on Sunday (Joe and I stood on the closest one)
2011121226.jpg

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Good morning everyone..

It's a wee bit chilly this morning.. 23 degrees.. brrrr... and of course I can't start a fire since there is a burn ban on right now..

At least it's a balmy 63 in the house.. :cool:

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Sorry to hear about the job Joe.. sounds like they used this as an excuse to make a budget cut.

Ethier Alex and PGH Dave, any luck with the guys who I PM'ed you about and their respective cards?

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
1st4040 said:
Sorry to hear about the job Joe.. sounds like they used this as an excuse to make a budget cut.

Ethier Alex and PGH Dave, any luck with the guys who I PM'ed you about and their respective cards?

I am still working on a deal with thim. Doesn't seem to be as easy as I thought...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts