Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
You do realize i meant my team (the Mets) had to have a better record than the Giants right... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Ah, I see. That makes your bet a lot tougher.

And in other NL East news, the Nats just tied the Phillies in the 9th, opening up the possibility of a 6.5 game lead by the end of the night (currently a 5.5 game lead)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Remember it was Mr. Haste who said Braves represent NL in World Series. Now Phils completely dead and me one step closer. :cool:

Yeah, okay...you get credit for that one.

Credits are like tokens around here. 5 credits gets you a used pencil...20 credits is a laffy taffy (fun size)...100 credits is a yo-yo...500 credits is a set of 10 pogs with a slammer...1,000 credits is a super secret prize (but good luck getting that many credits, I've made a couple seasons worth of posts and still working on that dope a$s yo-yo).

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah, okay...you get credit for that one.

Credits are like tokens around here. 5 credits gets you a used pencil...20 credits is a laffy taffy (fun size)...100 credits is a yo-yo...500 credits is a set of 10 pogs with a slammer...1,000 credits is a super secret prize (but good luck getting that many credits, I've made a couple seasons worth of posts and still working on that dope a$s yo-yo).

That was my weekly entry into the "JVhaste was right!!" category, I should really have made a whole separate thread on the subject to keep them in one place and bother everyone :lol:

The strange part is about the same time as saying Braves win NL I added "but the NL so weak that if a team like Oakland was over there they would take it" :confused: That was when they were a .500 team. They probably have been .700 or so since then, fck those guys!

Funny you should mention a rewards system because back in the day there were "likes" here and I orders all my shillbros to like each of my posts to the point I had 3x more likes than posts. Then they killed the likes. :lol:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
That was my weekly entry into the "JVhaste was right!!" category, I should really have made a whole separate thread on the subject to keep them in one place and bother everyone :lol:

The strange part is about the same time as saying Braves win NL I added "but the NL so weak that if a team like Oakland was over there they would take it" :confused: That was when they were a .500 team. They probably have been .700 or so since then, fck those guys!

Funny you should mention a rewards system because back in the day there were "likes" here and I orders all my shillbros to like each of my posts to the point I had 3x more likes than posts. Then they killed the likes. :lol:

"Likes" are like a drug, they are addictive and then eventually you become a likewhore (opposed to a **********). I used to do that with 3 or 4 other likeshills on the mlb.com message boards when they used to implement that system but we all had multiple screen names so it looked like there were 12 of us and we'd make some of the most absurd comments that would end up with way more likes than any of the sensible comments. It was basically trolling for each others likes. It wasn't long after that when mlb.com completely changed their system and would no longer allow you to make a comment if any of the words resembled profanity. You can't even say blow or suck on there anymore, regardless if it was in reference to a profane comment. Only allowed one account name to post under too. So I think I helped contribute to the downfall of what once was a fun message board. Now it's really stupid.

F*CK!!! I can't watch the Braves game today cuz it's only playing on facebook. I hate that crap!!!!

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
"Likes" are like a drug, they are addictive and then eventually you become a likewhore (opposed to a **********). I used to do that with 3 or 4 other likeshills on the mlb.com message boards when they used to implement that system but we all had multiple screen names so it looked like there were 12 of us and we'd make some of the most absurd comments that would end up with way more likes than any of the sensible comments. It was basically trolling for each others likes. It wasn't long after that when mlb.com completely changed their system and would no longer allow you to make a comment if any of the words resembled profanity. You can't even say blow or suck on there anymore, regardless if it was in reference to a profane comment. Only allowed one account name to post under too. So I think I helped contribute to the downfall of what once was a fun message board. Now it's really stupid.

F*CK!!! I can't watch the Braves game today cuz it's only playing on facebook. I hate that crap!!!!

Do you not have Facebook? I rarely use it but the game was the first thing in my feed and just clicked on the game.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Do you not have Facebook? I rarely use it but the game was the first thing in my feed and just clicked on the game.

I do but I never use it. It's so frigging difficult to navigate through everything. I clicked on the Braves vs. Giants game and for a second I thought I was watching it until I realized it was Game 1 of the series when they were tied 1-1 in the 6th also. Tried again and all I got were stupid advertisements so I said "f**k this" and I'm not just following along on mlb.com gameday.

Wow - can’t score a run with bases loaded an no outs. Duvall is worthless.

Yeah, that's so typical of the Braves. The minute they loaded the bases with nobody out I was like, "this sucks, nobody is going to score" because they NEVER do when it's bases loaded or two runners in scoring position with nobody out.

Members online

Latest posts