Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Radicards® Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abide

Apr 29, 2021
Hi Patrick, I'm new here on FCB.
I've been on Trading Card Data Base TCDb for the past couple of years, and SCF before that, and The Bench before that.
Maybe our paths crossed, maybe not.
But I know I've seen you walking around the National for years. You have a unique style / "signature"
I wondered: what does that guy collect?

Other people at the shows are unique, and I wonder the same thing. For example:
there's a guy with a spiky mohawk that makes me think of 1980's punk, so where doe his sports card collection go?
and Steve Aoki ... blew my mind to find out he is into pokemon, in addition to sports cards.

I didn't know that Pokemon was a thing, that is also appealing to people that collect sports cards.
I learned that about 2 years ago. The next time I saw you, I did some mental gymnastics, and assumed you were a Pokemon collector.

Finally, I enjoyed meeting you and talking to you for a bit at the very end of the Dallas Card Show in March.
Hearing that you are the Frank Thomas super collector, hearing that you have spent time in LA, discussing Frank & Sons
Telling you I had seen a Frank Thomas 1/1 white whale earlier in the show.
Finding your web site, reading your bio and so on. I could not be more wrong about connecting you to Pokemon.

I'll see you around again soon, though not at the next Dallas show. Perhaps the one after that.
I'm the older bald guy that helps out at the table of bdrr sports cards / Pentagon City Sports Cards.
But until then, here's a unique style / signature question:
How did you develop your style of the particular hair cut and Blink 182 Blazer? Is there any meaning / message that only the inner circle knows?

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Hi Patrick, I'm new here on FCB.
I've been on Trading Card Data Base TCDb for the past couple of years, and SCF before that, and The Bench before that.
Maybe our paths crossed, maybe not.
But I know I've seen you walking around the National for years. You have a unique style / "signature"
I wondered: what does that guy collect?

Other people at the shows are unique, and I wonder the same thing. For example:
there's a guy with a spiky mohawk that makes me think of 1980's punk, so where doe his sports card collection go?
and Steve Aoki ... blew my mind to find out he is into pokemon, in addition to sports cards.

I didn't know that Pokemon was a thing, that is also appealing to people that collect sports cards.
I learned that about 2 years ago. The next time I saw you, I did some mental gymnastics, and assumed you were a Pokemon collector.

Finally, I enjoyed meeting you and talking to you for a bit at the very end of the Dallas Card Show in March.
Hearing that you are the Frank Thomas super collector, hearing that you have spent time in LA, discussing Frank & Sons
Telling you I had seen a Frank Thomas 1/1 white whale earlier in the show.
Finding your web site, reading your bio and so on. I could not be more wrong about connecting you to Pokemon.

I'll see you around again soon, though not at the next Dallas show. Perhaps the one after that.
I'm the older bald guy that helps out at the table of bdrr sports cards / Pentagon City Sports Cards.
But until then, here's a unique style / signature question:
How did you develop your style of the particular hair cut and Blink 182 Blazer? Is there any meaning / message that only the inner circle knows?
Wow! Thanks for taking the time to draft such a thorough message. I appreciate that and I'm glad we got a chance to connect at the Dallas Card Show in March.

In terms of style development, that's sort of a difficult question to answer. I grew up skateboarding and playing lead guitar/vox in punk rock bands so I guess my style is just an expression of my interests and influences. I hope that answers your question.

See you at a future show.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Dr. James Beckett invited me to join a Content Creators Roundtable on May 22, 2021. Here's the recording of that meeting. For those interested in branding, marketing, and general market trends, you'll enjoy this one. https://bit.ly/3uw9FRd

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Those are some fabulous pickups. I especially loved that 1997 Platinum Gold sample / prototype one. Also the Cramer's Choice Red.
Thanks! :) I'm glad you enjoyed the video. 2021 is shaping up nicely although the pickings have gotten quite a bit tougher and much less frequent.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Current holder of the most expensive trading card ever made goes to Stephen Curry 2009-10 National Treasures RPA 1/1 for a whopping $5.9 million. See it here. https://bit.ly/3i5ApE7

Members online

Latest posts