Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
2003 Topps Chrome Silver Refractor - stated print run of 100. Found an expired redemption to go with it.

03TOPPSCHROMESILVER.jpg
03TOPPSCHROMEREDEMPTION.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Finally found one of these 2001 Topps HD Platinum. Seem pretty tough for a card /199 (might have been mentioned a ways back)
2001ToppsHDPlatinum.jpg

Greg Layton

Aug 7, 2010
Overland Park, KS
Seeing as how this might have been the biggest 5 tool prospect bust of the 2000s, the serial number seems fitting. He'll always hold a special place in my collection, though. His #20 was the first (and only) baseball jersey I've owned. Only the first 100 were autographed.

IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
03_Kanebo_3.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2003 Topps Kanebo #53[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Topps' entry into the Land Of The Rising Sun. Pretty neat stuff! I'm not sure if this was an intentional insider's "joke" - but the card number assigned to Big Frank was his jersey number in reverse. (Traditional Japanese is written/read opposite than us folks in the West)
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Collector's Note: There were two parallels to this issue - Gold border (Uncommon) and Black border (Rare), the common has a Green border. [/FONT]

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Thankfully Cirillo was in the "second series" which did not have parallels that I'm aware of. Took me forever to find this one
2003ToppsKaneboJapan2.jpg

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I got the Larkin UD collectibles Team set Larkin in the mail today - Thanks again for sending it to me, I really appreciate it. The generosity on this site is awesome!! I actually just sent a Griffey Kanebo to someone last week. I bought the Reds team set and offered up the Griffey, Casey, and Dunn to other collectors who needed them for an SASE. They got claimed pretty quickly. Not sure if the Griffey collector is on here or not, since I offered them up on Beckett, right before I joined here. They are cool cards though!

Does anyone have the bronze or black parallels to 2003 Topps Kanebo's? I have never once seen a Griffey.
I rarely see the common green if ever..
2003ToppsKaneboPSA9.jpg

Sep 11, 2009
Thankfully Cirillo was in the "second series" which did not have parallels that I'm aware of. Took me forever to find this one
2003ToppsKaneboJapan2.jpg
Frank Thomas is in Series II and has at least the regular and bronze that I have seen. He may also have the black but I have not seen one. So I'm guessing you might need at least the bronze too.

2003toppskaneboseriesii.jpg

Edit: The previously posted Griffey also has a mislabeled PSA holder. It should be Series II instead of Series I. Series I looks like the basic 2002 Topps design and Series II looks like the basic 2003 Topps design.

Last edited:

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
here's the series 1 common (don' have the backs scanned). never seen the silver or black version:
MartinezPedro_2003ToppsKaneboJapan.jpg

and the series 2:
MartinezPedro_2003ToppsKaneboJapan2.jpg

Members online

Latest posts