Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Did anyone here get in on the massive amount of 2001 Topps Heritage Chromes that ended tonight? I was gonna be in on a few, but got distracted by Anthony Bourdain.

Not that I would have won many...I need the Jason Kendall, but not for $47.95: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JASON-KENDA...1362118105?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item35de41c1d9

Meanwhile, a Sammy Sosa went for just $10.50, less than Seth Etherton and Danny Borrell: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMMY-SOSA-...1362117722?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item35de41c05a

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Got this in a 5-card lot for 99 cents. My first batting helmet card (not too many out there).

palmeiro03LEAFHH.jpg
palmeiro03LEAFHHB.jpg

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
OK, I was trying to figure out why its a steal...

The 2001 Topps Heritage Chrome cards were highly collected upon release and many collectors went for complete sets, thus driving up singles prices to high levels. Still today they are sought after, and that Schilling for that price is indeed a steal. Serial #ed /552 and 110 cards to the set (I think).

Last edited:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
The 2001 Topps Heritage Chrome cards were highly collected upon release and many collectors went for complete sets, thus driving up singles prices to high levels. Still today they are sought after, and that Schilling for that price is indeed a steal. Serial #ed /552 and 110 cards to the set (I think).

ahh, ok. Nice explanation. Now I know why I still dont have my Bagwell.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

The last Schilling sale on ebay was $20, which is very very low for this set. I paid over $30 for my Troy Glaus, and a Jason Kendall recently sold for close to $50, around the same as a Clemens and Roberto Alomar. Earlier this year, I sold a handful of commons and minor stars for an average of $25 each. Highly sought after barely begins to cover it.

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
my prized card in the heritage chrome collection is my 9.5 Kyle lohse rc...we share a lastname and maybe genetics lol

kyle_zpsaeec5d7e.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I have seen a lot of these 2000 Pacific Paramount Fielder's Choice cards that have just the gold webbing and no serial # on them. This is what I think is the real version: all gold on the back and a serial # printed. Anyone know any additional back-story on this issue?
View attachment 42110

Ok...I finally dug out my Bagwell and it actually has sample embossed on the glove part, right below the webbing. I never even noticed it before! You guys may want to give yours a thorough look over.

Members online