Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

These are not the auctions you're looking for. Move along.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
Re: Theguru1472 a member here? Serious shill bidding...

I was just going to chime in on this, he tried posting his auctions on here, but his link was deleted because of no SPAM rule. The bench link is same guy. He has contest going to guess how many auctions get won and how much total sales are.

theguru14

Aug 10, 2008
NYC

Yes I am here. I dont think many people know me here, but I am a member of many other sites with the same username as here. I do not believe in shady things like that. If there is anything fishy on my auctions it is without my knowledge. I would rather lose money or sell a card for less then have someone doing something grimmy like that. I have started 2 threads on 2 sites asking for help. The member out of nowhere just started bidding on my auctions, like 50 of them in 15 minutes or so. I contacted this person and he/she states they dont expect to win all of the auctions, but do want the cards. I did block him/her after all those bids and just unblocked him/her about 15 minutes ago. Should I permanentely block this person now? HELP!!!

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/base ... -help.html

http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench ... p?t=359442

G

Shill or no shill, I'm gunning for one of those cards. :cool:

Edited to add: Only bid what you're willing to pay. Don't bid $50 if you want the card for bid $20, and then get upset if it ends for $47. If I bid $50, I'm prepared to pay $50. And if I get shilled up, or bid up, I don't care because anything under that $50 is 'extra' money I already thought was gone. It's the only way to bid and be happy.

G

Re: Theguru1472 a member here? Strange bidding...

Well I won my card for under $20. Don't really think any shilling happened here.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

Chris Levy said:
Well I won my card for under $20. Don't really think any shilling happened here.

No saying its either way, but it would be highly stupid when you where called a shiller on several message boards to shill again.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

nyc3 said:
Chris Levy said:

No saying its either way, but it would be highly stupid when you where called a shiller on several message boards to shill again.

Shill bidding can be just 1 bid as well.

Honestly it sucks when zero feedback bidders place large percentage of bids on a sellers auctions. Everyone must start somewhere but because of the actions of some sellers in the past this situation makes many buyers hyper-sensitive to shill bidding.

theguru14

Aug 10, 2008
NYC

Thanks for bidding. It you paid already then the card has been shipped. Which card did you win?

Chris Levy said:

theguru14

Aug 10, 2008
NYC

Thanks for bidding. It you paid already then the card has been shipped. Which card did you win?

Russ S. said:
[quote="Chris Levy":q2erhacq]Well I won my card for under $20. Don't really think any shilling happened here.
Mine was under $5. ;)[/quote:q2erhacq]

theguru14

Aug 10, 2008
NYC

Like I stated earlier I have no idea who that person is. You can probably go ask around those same message boards to see if I would ever do something like that.

nyc3 said:
Chris Levy said:

theguru14

Aug 10, 2008
NYC

Honestly it does suck because I think I could have made more if this person didnt bid the way he/she did. I am sure this thread scared off many potential bidders. The member won 20 of my auctions and has asked for an invoice which I sent. I hope I get the money. 14 of the auctions the member won were for $.99.

George_Calfas said:
nyc3 said:
[quote="Chris Levy":18bg9eux]Well I won my card for under $20. Don't really think any shilling happened here.

Shill bidding can be just 1 bid as well.

Honestly it sucks when zero feedback bidders place large percentage of bids on a sellers auctions. Everyone must start somewhere but because of the actions of some sellers in the past this situation makes many buyers hyper-sensitive to shill bidding.[/quote:18bg9eux]

CompleteGibberish

Sep 14, 2009

Let it go
Starting to sound like damage control more so than concern :)

If you think the sole make up of ebay bidders on sports card is from 3 forums then you need to re-check it. I mean that would imply we, as a community , and those other 2 sites are responsbile for all of the bids...that ain't realistic friend ;)

Good luck with your sales

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD

theguru14 said:

Russ S. said:
[quote="Chris Levy":2a6uwy6z]Well I won my card for under $20. Don't really think any shilling happened here.
Mine was under $5. ;)
[/quote:2a6uwy6z]
Ripken Black Contenders parallel

G

Something to point out is what I call the Big Crumbs effect. I'm now bidding on a huge number of auctions, some that I have no intention of winning, just to get in that initial bid through Big Crumbs "just in case" I try and snipe later. With the new eBay pinned to my Windows 7 taskbar, in some cases I am now placing a small bid from there as well.

I think all of these cashback programs with people placing little, random bids has changed the bidding patterns a lot. Something to consider.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.

George_Calfas said:
[quote="A_Pharis":3b591wss]Then I sorted the auctions he's bid on by seller name and even did a page search for Theguru1472. If you see something I don't, GC, post a link to the auction.

Jeff did the work above; all end today (I think), here is a current auction [ebay:3b591wss]160573366240 [/ebay:3b591wss][/quote:3b591wss]

Me thinks Jeff has too much time on his hands at "work" :p

heh

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

PeteD said:
George_Calfas said:
[quote="A_Pharis":3awcexqx]Then I sorted the auctions he's bid on by seller name and even did a page search for Theguru1472. If you see something I don't, GC, post a link to the auction.

Jeff did the work above; all end today (I think), here is a current auction [ebay:3awcexqx]160573366240 [/ebay:3awcexqx]

Me thinks Jeff has too much time on his hands at "work" :p

heh[/quote:3awcexqx]

You kidding me? I billed an hour and a half for that!

Also... it was a weekend. :)

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
Why was the title to thread changed? It seems theguru is a stand up guy and wasnt shilling, and since the auctions ended it dosen't matter. Just seems like a random title change.

theguru14

Aug 10, 2008
NYC

Damage control???

I know that 3 forums doesnt make up most of the bids, but it could have/had an effect on how high each auction can go. I mean dont get me wrong I am happy with total the amount my auctions ended at. I am even more happy that 2/3 of the people have paid me already.

So far that member that people thought was shill bidding still hasnt paid me yet. He does have 4 positive feedbacks in the last couple of days so that is a good sign I guess. I will be opening up a UPI today as one buyer has told me he wont pay for the auction he won because the card has 2 very small creases by the jersey area even though I clearly state that in the discription and besides the fact that it could be seen in the scan. He tried to scare me to cancel the auction by saying he contacting Ebay saying he is not gong to pay and they will cancel the auction for him.

CompleteGibberish said:
Let it go
Starting to sound like damage control more so than concern :)

If you think the sole make up of ebay bidders on sports card is from 3 forums then you need to re-check it. I mean that would imply we, as a community , and those other 2 sites are responsbile for all of the bids...that ain't realistic friend ;)

Good luck with your sales

theguru14

Aug 10, 2008
NYC

Thanks, your card went out on the 4/25.

Russ S. said:
theguru14 said:

[quote="Russ S.":32udqj49][quote="Chris Levy":32udqj49]Well I won my card for under $20. Don't really think any shilling happened here.
Mine was under $5. ;)
[/quote:32udqj49]
Ripken Black Contenders parallel[/quote:32udqj49]

theguru14

Aug 10, 2008
NYC

I have no idea what this means.

Chris Levy said:
Something to point out is what I call the Big Crumbs effect. I'm now bidding on a huge number of auctions, some that I have no intention of winning, just to get in that initial bid through Big Crumbs "just in case" I try and snipe later. With the new eBay pinned to my Windows 7 taskbar, in some cases I am now placing a small bid from there as well.

I think all of these cashback programs with people placing little, random bids has changed the bidding patterns a lot. Something to consider.

Members online

Latest posts