Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

They're not gonna make it......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
beefycheddar said:
miguelcabrera said:
INTERCEPTED!!!!! LETS GO DOPLHINS!!!!!!!!

You realize if the Jets win then that is better standings wise for the Patriots right?

first of all not an interception. still going to be dolphins ball though.

2nd, id rather have the jets get buried, so the pats just have to deal with one team (whom i mind you they have two meetings with) id prefer the jets to lose here as imo its better for the pats

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
miguelcabrera said:
yanks will make the playoffs but wont make it to the world series

i hate the yankees so much especially posada. why does anyone like them

I grew up pulling for them. My dad pulled for them when he was a kid and that was one of the special things that we shared before, during, and after he and my mom divorced. No matter how bad things seemed, I always could connect with my dad through talking about the Yankees or watching the Yanks play. I grew up watching a handful of the current players play in the minors. Jeter, Posada, Mariano, Pettite, Cano.....I remember watching these guys come up and rooting for them before they made their name in the majors.

I also pull for them because my favorite player, Don Mattingly, wore the pinstripes with pride. I have many fond memories of watching him play on TV. It was a great time. I remember pulling for them when they sucked worse than Baltimore or any other team in the mid to late 80's. I remember watching them get to their first playoff appearance in a long time and then winning the Series in 96. Good times. So yeah, thats why I pull for them.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
People around here cant make a fracking comment or express an opinion anymore without people jumping down their throats.
And no one can express an opinion without people freaking out saying everyone is jumping down their throat.
I think the responses were pretty reasonable. Even the worst teams can stumble on 1 or 2 wins in 6 games, which is all the Yankees need. Totally reasonable to think they will make the playoffs...

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
KandKCards said:
GarkoCollector said:
People around here cant make a fracking comment or express an opinion anymore without people jumping down their throats.
And no one can express an opinion without people freaking out saying everyone is jumping down their throat.

You must not browse these boards much if you think this. It was a general statement about responses across the board.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Regardless of the outcome, I'm just really happy that there's a little bit of excitement in the AL in the last week. Didn't look like there was going to be.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
bigpapiMA32 said:
Regardless of the outcome, I'm just really happy that there's a little bit of excitement in the AL in the last week. Didn't look like there was going to be.

You kiddin me? Its more excitement than a long tailed cat trying to make it through a room full of rocking chairs! INSANEFULNESS!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I saw this thread and I started to sing a parody of Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It"

All joking aside, the only thing good I have to say is that the day that the Yankees make vaccums, is the day they don't suck.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
rebelpawn said:
Papelbon absolutely makes me sick... I can't take any more of this guy. Please just go away

i havnt liked him for a long time
either way i dont see what it matters/what the big deal/hooplah was over this game unless yankees fans really need the division and wont settle for the wild card
i havnt watched an out of the series
been watching the dolphins jets and studying all night

edit: i assume pap blew it although i dont know for sure or care

crap pass interference call btw

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
rebelpawn said:
Papelbon absolutely makes me sick... I can't take any more of this guy. Please just go away

either way i dont see what it matters/what the big deal/hooplah was over this game unless yankees fans really need the division and wont settle for the wild card

Do you have your pink hat on too?

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
beefycheddar said:
miguelcabrera said:
rebelpawn said:

nope, no need to watch a game on tv if there are no playoff implications
ill probably go to one or two of the home games here even though they have no playoff implications as well but im not going to watch it on tv when the jets dolphins game is on
hopefully next year the sox will be better and ill most likely be there for opening day

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
miguelcabrera said:
rebelpawn said:

Benson, this is a big game mentally for the Yanks. If they don't win, its curtains......Toronto will dominate them, Boston will sweep them in Boston, and the Yanks will end up going back home for the winter.........thus my original question......how do they fix this mess?

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
blanning71 said:
miguelcabrera said:
rebelpawn said:

Benson, this is a big game mentally for the Yanks. If they don't win, its curtains......Toronto will dominate them, Boston will sweep them in Boston, and the Yanks will end up going back home for the winter.........thus my original question......how do they fix this mess?

if the yankees lose this game, i will bet you 10 dollars the yankees make the playoffs
lets see if your game or not

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
miguelcabrera said:
blanning71 said:
miguelcabrera said:
rebelpawn said:

if the yankees lose this game, i will bet you 10 dollars the yankees make the playoffs
lets see if your game or not

im willing to go up to whatever amount you want by the way

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
beefycheddar said:
miguelcabrera said:
rebelpawn said:

bensonpink.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts