Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****THURSDAY MORNING THREAD*****10/7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
A very tall tractor trailer went through the wrong tunnel in Boston some time before 9:00am today. Now he's stuck between the Sumner tunnel and storrow Drive tunnel coming out of Logan Airport. I'm surprised he didn't take the roof off of the trailer. I wouldn't want to be that driver or the state cops who have to figure out how get the truck out of there. :D
Afternoon, all! Very busy past couple of weeks at work...retirement is only a couple short decades away. :poop:
Bet if they just let about 1/2 the air out of the tires they can just back it out.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Afternoon, all! Very busy past couple of weeks at work...retirement is only a couple short decades away. :poop:
Bet if they just let about 1/2 the air out of the tires they can just back it out.
The tunnel is almost a mile long and it's only 2 very narrow lanes. It was built in 1931.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I went ice fishing in northern Vermont years ago with friends. We caught 8 northern pike all about 18"s long. The shiners we were using as bait, were trying to jump out of the small hole to get away from them.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Growing up in Pierre, SD, there is a low clearance bridge, on a street that has multiple signs for the height and no trucks allowed. Seems like every couple of months there's a new truck getting stuck underneath the bridge. Some of them look like a can opener opened the roof of the trailer lol. There's even a Facebook page dedicated to the bridge.

Then at work, we have 2 loops for trucks to make on our lot. One is for the van trailers, other is for the grain haulers. We always make sure we tell the van trailers not to make the bigger loop because they will not fit. Last year, in a span of 4 days we had 3 drivers not listen. 2 of the trailers were deemed unloadable after they hit the downspout, so they had to go on their way.
I think every city has that bridge. In KC we have the Bridge on Independence Ave.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ABridgeInMissouri/
Earlier this year I believe 3 trucks hit it in 2 weeks.
Bridge 2.JPGBridge 1.JPGBridge 3.JPG
The 3rd one is for @finestkind

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest

Latest posts