Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****THURSDAY MORNING THREAD***** 11/10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonesomeagle1a

Sep 29, 2021
Northwest NJ
Morning all

Short week Taking tomorrow off. My hometown is honoring my father in their Veteran's Day ceremony.
They will install a plaque and his photo on the wall of heroes. He served in the Pacific as a medic from New Guinea all the way to Tokyo.
Part of Gen McArthur's Island hopping campaign. Took part in the Battle of Leyte and the Liberation of Luzon, Phillipines.
I have photo of him at the suicide attempt of Gen Tojo in Tokyo.

Cpl Louis "Lee" Pensec

Coffee...

Screenshot-2018-08-31-at-09.41.14.png

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Morning all!

My Grandfather claimed, backed up by his war buddy, to have told off McAurthur when he couldn't fill his shift due to extreme sea sickness. Was on boat to Phillipenes when the Japanese surrendered. Jokingly claimed it was cuz they were scared of him.

lonesomeagle1a

Sep 29, 2021
Northwest NJ
Morning all!

My Grandfather claimed, backed up by his war buddy, to have told off McAurthur when he couldn't fill his shift due to extreme sea sickness. Was on boat to Phillipenes when the Japanese surrendered. Jokingly claimed it was cuz they were scared of him.
They were all scared of him. EVEN his men!
I have a pic of the General that my dad took in Tokyo also.

Pop also took part in the liberation of Battan

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Evening all! Everything today has taken 5 times longer to do than it should have.

It was 74 out at 1:00 pm, then 50 and rain at 1:30 pm. Now it's 45 with a chance of snow flurries.

Members online

Latest posts