Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

{{{{{{{{{{---Thursday Morning Thread---}}}}}}}}}}

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Good morning.

MisterT - Roddy Piper was a great one. Pipers Pit was always interesting. Congrats on the auto!

Awesome card Kevin!

I remember "hating" him as a kid. Man, I loved those Saturday mornings in the early 1980's. Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Superfly Snukka (sp?), Bob Baklund (sp?), Andre the Giant, Captain Lou, The Somoans, etc. etc. ....arguing with friends if it was real. :)

I got the Rowdy auto from a Leaf "holiday pack". It deserves a good home and I know Ty will give it one.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I remember "hating" him as a kid. Man, I loved those Saturday mornings in the early 1980's. Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Superfly Snukka (sp?), Bob Baklund (sp?), Andre the Giant, Captain Lou, The Somoans, etc. etc. ....arguing with friends if it was real. :)

I got the Rowdy auto from a Leaf "holiday pack". It deserves a good home and I know Ty will give it one.

Piper was at an independent wrestling show I was at, and was supposed to do a signing after the show. That being the case, I bought his book, anticipating getting it signed. Sometime during the show he slipped out, and to this day I still have his stupid book on my shelf, unsigned...

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Ice fishing is picking up, caught a dozen nice crappies 8"-13" yesterday.

Morning all. Our local park district is having an "Intro to Icefishing" event this Saturday. Thinking of going, as the holes are pre-drilled and I've never tried it before.

Valentines date tomorrow, and Lego movie with the kids Saturday night.

Got another advertiser on my cap anson site, so had $150 to blow on cards this week. Paid for 3 Grace cards (98 Crusade Green, 2013 Leaf Memories buyback /5, 2013 Pastimes dual jersey /10), 2 Joe Tinker 1/1 sketch cards from 2012 Leaf Best of Baseball, Jay Pangan artist (one colored and one black/white version) and 27 low numbered Vladimir Guerrero inserts on COMC, with $20 left to spend. Fun spending spree!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Gotta put sunglasses on for that mailday.

Have a question for the group. Do you think its in bad taste to try and sell our thrift finds in the transactions board, or is that reserved for cards only?

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning/afternoon all

Blizzarding here
attachment.php

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Been picking up some bigtime cards lately huh George? Miggy, Jeter, Pujols etc...

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Gotta put sunglasses on for that mailday.

Have a question for the group. Do you think its in bad taste to try and sell our thrift finds in the transactions board, or is that reserved for cards only?

I've done it, and I don't see a problem with it.

Keep all the sports in their correct forums and nobody will complain.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
G'day fellas.

I know this is probably shallow, but I don't really feel bad for people dealing with the snow and cold temps, just like I don't expect them to feel bad for me when it's 95 and sunny.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well guys, I'm off for the day. I have a paper due tomorrow and a few other assignments due tonight and tomorrow that I need to get done. As much as I hate to do this, I must restrain myself from doing anything else the rest of the day

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good afternoon all!
First post from my new iPad my wife got me for Valentines Day.
She's slowly dragging me, kicking & screaming, into the 21st century.
I still won't carry a cell phone.
She also picked up 2 packs of Bowman Platinum and 6 packs of 2013 Topps.
From Platinum I pulled Austin Meadows, Miguel Sano, Archie Bradley autos & an autoed printing plate of Trevor Williams, a Marlins pitching prospect. From the Topps I pulled a Pedroia camo /99 and a Babe Ruth pin card that weighs about a pound and a half.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts