Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tiffany or O-Pee-Chee, which do you think will be worth more long term?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
Both the Tiffany and O-Pee-Chee Canadian Topps sets from the 80's and 90's are more rare than the regular Topps sets and look to be similar in value for the stars and rookies of that era but long term, which do you think will be worth more? I've read that the Tiffany sets are limited to around 5000-6000 sets per year but not sure about O-Pee-Chee.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
As far as grading goes, the OPC, pre-1991 were far more difficult to find in great condition. They suffer from wax and gum stains, bad centering and rough edges.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
In my opinion Tiffany seems to hold better value for star players. I'm guessing that since Tiffany was released as sets, the only time the cards came to market individually is if someone broke the set.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Both certainly have their challenges and upside. For me personally Id rather have the Tiffany but I suppose it also depends what year and player. I'd guess in the mass American market Tiffany wins out.

DragonWagon

May 4, 2015
I always felt like OPC was a lower quality card than even regular Topps. It was like Topps didn’t care about the product. Which is why they are challenging to find in high grade. Tiffany cards were the first high end and limited production run. In a time were possible millions of opc were produced only thousands of Tiffany’s sets were made. OPC also didn’t have all of the best rookie cards available the same year. No OPC 1984 Gooden, 1985 McGwire, 1986 Bonds, 1987 Maddux, 1988 Glavine, 1989 Griffey, etc... Market is very strong for both with PSA 10. However, after that the market tends to favor Tiffany cards, especially ungraded. Therefore, I’m going with the Tiffany sets, however I’m still not going to pass up a PSA 10 OPC.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board