Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tim Lincecum collectors... what is this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
sharktitanfan said:
Mine does look different and is numbered FFI-4.

I'd love to see a scan. I'm not sure what the regular version is numbered as. Would you be interested in moving yours?

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
These cards could be picked up at the Upper Deck booth during the 2007 ASG in SF via wrapper redemption program. I think you needed to have 10 Upper Deck wrappers to exchange for one set.

sharktitanfan

Aug 31, 2008
Codasco07 said:
sharktitanfan said:
Mine does look different and is numbered FFI-4.

I'd love to see a scan. I'm not sure what the regular version is numbered as. Would you be interested in moving yours?

Can't seem to figure out how to attach the scan. Damn I'm stupid.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
AKT74 said:
So the regular cards are ff, then there are also ff1 and ff2?

I'm not sure about the numbering, but it looks like the normal ones have ATT Park in the ASG logo while the parallels have an alternate logo.

thermo8

Aug 11, 2008
I happened to pull i guess what seems to be a pack of these allstar cards, but i don't remember from where. The front card is a jeter, and back is ichiro, but the foil in the front looks gold. Is the only way to tell if you have the rarer version from numbering?

img2341.jpg

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
thermo8 said:
I happened to pull i guess what seems to be a pack of these allstar cards, but i don't remember from where. The front card is a jeter, and back is ichiro, but the foil in the front looks gold. Is the only way to tell if you have the rarer version from numbering?

img2341.jpg

Here is what I have been able to find out. There are regular cards numbered ff, rare numbered ff1 and super rare numbered ff2.

The ff's have a logo in the top right corner that is a picture of the stadium lightsand say all star game. The ff1 have a logo of the Golden State Bridge, and the ff2's have a logo of a streetcar both of these say all star week

The ff's have a photo background behind the player. The ff1's and the ff2's have no background photo just a solid color. I have not seen a ff1 and ff2 next to each other to see if there backgrounds are different colors.

Hope this helps.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
I exchanged emails with Chris Carlin at UD and he had some info on the variations.

There are two variations of the 2007 UD Fanfest cards. One is 1:10 and the other is 1:15. He didn't know what the difference between the two was, but it could be the logo in the upper right corner of the card. The basic ones all feature ATT Park. I believe the 1:10 feature the Golden Gate Bridge and the 1:15 feature a trolley (He wasn't able to confirm this).

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Be8el0ve said:
Codasco07 said:
Here's sharktitanfan's scans:

Fanfestset.jpg

I guess I have the rarer Jeter. (Different photo from the one above as well)

Jeter07UDASGame.jpg

Now I just need the regular one...

As mentioned above, according to Chris Carlin there are 3 variations of each card. I believe you have the 1:10 variation.

cardboardGIANTS

Mar 11, 2009
Wow....maybe it's time I listed my Lincecum 9.5.

Note: these and the Topps are tough to find in gradable condition based upon the distribution method and how they are handled by people at FanFest.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Codasco07 said:
Be8el0ve said:
Codasco07 said:

As mentioned above, according to Chris Carlin there are 3 variations of each card. I believe you have the 1:10 variation.

You wrote above that he couldn't confirm this... that means he couldn't confirm that the third version existed or he couldn't confirm the odds and the trolley?

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Be8el0ve said:
Codasco07 said:
Be8el0ve said:
Codasco07 said:

You wrote above that he couldn't confirm this... that means he couldn't confirm that the third version existed or he couldn't confirm the odds and the trolley?

He confirmed that there are three variations and that the Pujols with the GG Bridge was 1:10. I speculated the trolley variation shown in this thread is the 1:15 variant.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Codasco07 said:
Be8el0ve said:
Codasco07 said:
Be8el0ve said:
Codasco07 said:

He confirmed that there are three variations and that the Pujols with the GG Bridge was 1:10. I speculated the trolley variation shown in this thread is the 1:15 variant.

Thanks for the info!

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Codasco07 said:
I exchanged emails with Chris Carlin at UD and he had some info on the variations.

There are two variations of the 2007 UD Fanfest cards. One is 1:10 and the other is 1:15. He didn't know what the difference between the two was, but it could be the logo in the upper right corner of the card. The basic ones all feature ATT Park. I believe the 1:10 feature the Golden Gate Bridge and the 1:15 feature a trolley (He wasn't able to confirm this).

This thread got me researching this set since I'm missing the trolley version of Jeter. I happened to find these two pictures of cards that sold in 2007.

DiceKFF.jpg
RipkenFanfest.jpg

Is there more than three versions of each card?

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Be8el0ve said:
Codasco07 said:

This thread got me researching this set since I'm missing the trolley version of Jeter. I happened to find these two pictures of cards that sold in 2007.

DiceKFF.jpg
RipkenFanfest.jpg

Is there more than three versions of each card?

Sweet find. Chris didn't know the distinction between the two variants because he the database he looked at didn't have pictures. Maybe it's just the standard version that is consistently the same logo and then the variants are grouped by background color.

edit- Looking at them again, I wonder if there are different foil colors or that's just differences in how the light reflects.

Members online

Latest posts