Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Top 100 ballplayers of alltime! (imo)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Not directed at any one individual, but it looks like everyone conveniently ignores the "imo" in the topic title.

This is his list, not everyone will agree.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Was there seriously a post that said Honus Wagner was top 5 of all time? Yikes, lol....Give me Tris Speaker over him anyday but neither should be top 5.

And Jays_Cards, while I agree that Musial may not be top 5 (but def is top 10)....Musial>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mantle

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
ffgameman said:
Not directed at any one individual, but it looks like everyone conveniently ignores the "imo" in the topic title.

This is his list, not everyone will agree.

Thanks for pointing that out! I made sure to put it in the title. There will always be people who disagree with anyones top 100, that is what makes it fun. It is just my opinion. I am not saying I haven't missed someone. I am sure there will be names brought up that people feel strongly about that are not on my list. Names like Dizzy Dean, Don Drysdale, Carl Yaztremski, and Duke Snider are not on the list. I am sure people will have a problem that I have guys like Ray Dandridge and Carlton Fisk on my list. I have my reasons. I hope people enjoy the list, and hopefully it will not be to controversial. I think I know baseball pretty well, and am pretty confident in my list. If you disagree, just state why you feel the way you do. That is what makes it fun.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Aw man Snider didn't make the top 100?! Did Kaline? IMO they were both similar hitters

Very interested to see the rest of your list, good start

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
scotty21690 said:
Aw man Snider didn't make the top 100?! Did Kaline? IMO they were both similar hitters

Very interested to see the rest of your list, good start
Truth be told, Duke Snider was 102 for me! VERY tough to leave him out. Thanks Scotty!

Phish

May 19, 2009
sportscardtheory said:
I'm going to guess that this is your top 12

1. Barry Bonds
2. Alex Rodriguez
3. Roger Clemens
4. Sammy Sosa
5. Manny Ramirez
6. Mark McGwire
7. Jose Canseco
8. Rafael Palmeiro
9. Gary Sheffield
10. Nomar Garciaparra
11. David Ortiz
12. Jason Giambi

Oh leave the guy alone. At least he's making an attempt to add more diversity to the forum. I'm sick of seeing Bowman 2010, ebay problems, and bitching all over.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Phish said:
sportscardtheory said:

1. Barry Bonds
2. Alex Rodriguez
3. Roger Clemens
4. Sammy Sosa
5. Manny Ramirez
6. Mark McGwire
7. Jose Canseco
8. Rafael Palmeiro
9. Gary Sheffield
10. Nomar Garciaparra
11. David Ortiz
12. Jason Giambi

Oh leave the guy alone. At least he's making an attempt to add more diversity to the forum. I'm sick of seeing Bowman 2010, ebay problems, and bitching all over.

the only diversity he adds is the fact that he's the only one that thinks your not working hard unless you take steroids

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
88. Al Kaline, OF Detroit
1954Topps.jpg

career 399 HR, 1583 RBI, .297 avg

Was youngest to win batting title in 1955 at .340
18 time All Star
3869 putouts as RF (6th All Time)
146 assists as RF (9th All Time)
2032 defensive games in RF (5th All Time)

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
87. Manny Ramirez, OF Boston
1992DonrussRookies.jpg

career (still active) 548 HR, 1805 RBI, .314 avg

9 time silver slugger award winner
12 time over 30 HR and over 100 RBI
Has a career triple crown. Avg. of .349 in '02, 43 HR in '04, and 165 RBI in '99 all led the league
8th All Time slugging at .591
9th All Time OPS 1.002

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
86. Sadaharu Oh, 1B Japan
1959JCM33.jpg

Sadaharu Oh hit 868 home runs during his baseball career in the Japanese major leagues. Famed for his flamingo-like batting stance, with his right leg tucked high in the air before the pitch, Oh led the Japan League in home runs for 15 different seasons during his career with the Yomiuri Giants (1959-80). His total made him the worldwide career home run leader, surpassing the totals of American home run kings Babe Ruth (714), Hank Aaron (755), though America's major leagues are generally considered to be slightly superior in talent to Japan's. Oh went on to manage the Yomiuri Giants (1984-88) and Fukuoka Hawks (1995-) and remains a leading sports figure in Japan.

Extra credit: Oh wore uniform #1, played first base and batted left-handed... His lifetime batting average was .301... Oh's father was Chinese, his mother Japanese. Despite growing up in Japan, Oh is legally Chinese and carries a passport from Taiwan... Oh passed Aaron's record by hitting his 756th homer on 3 September 1977... Oh was diagnosed with cancer in 2006; his entire stomach was removed, but he continued to manage the Fukuoka Hawks. Oh's wife Kyoko died of stomach cancer in 2001... San Francisco Giants star Barry Bonds passed Aaron for the American record by hitting his 756th career home run in 2007.

Phish

May 19, 2009
KOBEARODLT said:
Phish said:
sportscardtheory said:

1. Barry Bonds
2. Alex Rodriguez
3. Roger Clemens
4. Sammy Sosa
5. Manny Ramirez
6. Mark McGwire
7. Jose Canseco
8. Rafael Palmeiro
9. Gary Sheffield
10. Nomar Garciaparra
11. David Ortiz
12. Jason Giambi

the only diversity he adds is the fact that he's the only one that thinks your not working hard unless you take steroids

Who cares, it's his opinion. If you don't like something, then you don't need to comment. I just don't understand how most of the people here are adults, but have the maturity level of a six year old. You sir, are no exception.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
KOBEARODLT said:
Phish said:
sportscardtheory said:

1. Barry Bonds
2. Alex Rodriguez
3. Roger Clemens
4. Sammy Sosa
5. Manny Ramirez
6. Mark McGwire
7. Jose Canseco
8. Rafael Palmeiro
9. Gary Sheffield
10. Nomar Garciaparra
11. David Ortiz
12. Jason Giambi

In my short time here on this site, what you're complaining about is nothing unusual around here. I've seen all sorts of ******* comments from many people. It seems to be that "clique" or "mob" mentality though when it comes to certain people.

What I do see is someone with a thread that too me anyway, is always an interesting topic. There is nothing being done in this thread that is wrong by the OP. What I do see a lot of are many people whining/complaining and not providing any kind of real input or feedback. And it's always easy to criticize yet I see nobody coming up with their own top 100.

As someone already stated above, it's a nice change from the 2010 Bowman and "Ebay Buyer *** is ripping me off because I don't know how to put in an item description" thread. I would think it would be pretty easy to ignore the thread if it bothers people that much. Personally, I'm curious and I like to see the pics of the cards and the quick stat lines.

Phish

May 19, 2009
100% agreed man. I'm actually excited to see where guys like Joe Jackson and Rose wind up.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I agree with what's been said already. Disagreement and discussion on a topic like this is fun and should be encouraged. Rude comments and name calling serve no purpose here and people need to stop being jerks. I don't/won't agree with everything bodiaz says, but it's still fun and he's putting some effort into it.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
85. Turkey Stearnes, OF ***** Leagues

PerezSteele.png
Turkey Stearnes
(1901-1979)
Elected to Hall of Fame in 2000

A left-handed power threat, Turkey Stearnes played "long ball" for 19 years in the ***** Leagues beginning in 1923, his first year in the league, when he hit 35 home runs. In addition to hitting the long ball, Turkey was a great outfielder, with good speed and range. He also utilized his speed on the bases, and was considered to be a hard slider.

After leaving the Detroit Stars, he joined the Chicago American Giants, where his .387 batting average powered them to a pennant in 1933, and warranted his selection to start in the first East-West All-Star game, held in Comiskey Park. After this initial All-Star appearance, the veteran outfielder played in three additional games, 1934, 1935 and 1937.
Turkey's stance was easily recognizable, with his front foot heel down and toe pointed straight up. Although weighing only 168 lbs., Stearnes was a natural hitter with powerful shoulders. In addition to hitting tape-measure home runs, he raked ***** League pitching for averages over .400 in three separate seasons (.404 in 1926, .414 in 1930 and .404 in 1935), and also recorded a .351 average in exhibitions against major leaguers.

Born in Nashville, Tennessee, in 1901, Turkey Stearnes died in Detroit in 1978.

Years Played:
1923-1942

Positions Played:
cf, lf, 1b

Teams:
Detroit Stars, New York Lincoln Giants
Kansas City Monarchs, Cole's American Giants
Philadelphia Stars, Chicago American Giants

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Phish said:
KOBEARODLT said:
Phish said:
sportscardtheory said:

1. Barry Bonds
2. Alex Rodriguez
3. Roger Clemens
4. Sammy Sosa
5. Manny Ramirez
6. Mark McGwire
7. Jose Canseco
8. Rafael Palmeiro
9. Gary Sheffield
10. Nomar Garciaparra
11. David Ortiz
12. Jason Giambi

Who cares, it's his opinion. If you don't like something, then you don't need to comment. I just don't understand how most of the people here are adults, but have the maturity level of a six year old. You sir, are no exception.

Cry us a river. This guy is all over these boards trashing people's players and starting crap all the damn time. The guy champions cheaters/steroid abusers for Christ's sake, and we are supposed to take his top-100 list seriously? He's just reaping what he has sown. No one is stopping him from making his top-100 list.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
84. Sammy Sosa, OF Chicago
1990Leaf-1.png

career 609 Home Runs, 1667 RBI, .273 avg

1998 NL MVP 66 HR, 158 RBI, .308 avg
100 RBI in 9 seasons in a row
609 career HR 6th All Time
Finished in top 2 in NL HR 6 times
Accounted for over 300 runs in 2001 (146 R, 160 RBI)

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
83. Ed Delahanty, OF Philadelphia
1950Callahan.png
career 101 Home Runs, 1466 RBI, .346 avg.

Hit 4 HR in one game in dead ball era
Hit over .400 3 times
Career .346 avg (5th All Time)
1899 one of the best seasons ever, 9 HR, 137 RBI, .410 avg, 30 SB, 238 Hits, 55 Doubles
1898 58 SB led league

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts