Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Blacks WTF!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Several years ago I sold a David Wright Black and I received an email from another member on ebay telling me that the buyer was a fraud and a liar. After many emails he assured me that he was a legit buyer and the guy sending all these emails was the fraud who just liked to bid on these cards and not pay. I did get paid for the card and the buyer did leave feedback. I think he just got outbid by someone and was not happy about it. The whole process took about two weeks and after that I just avoided dealing with Topps black cards.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Ugh. It makes me wonder if I've been outbid on a few Topps Blacks by this guy, and the transactions ended up falling through.

On a side note does ANYONE know of some Topps Blacks collectors? I've been hunting the 2004 Vizquel for years and would consider trading my left arm for it. Or maybe 5-6 other Topps Blacks, if they prefer. Or just $75...

Thanks for any leads you might have!

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
I had one end last night, and he's the high bidder!! (alhscatman)

He does have one feedback, it is from a private listing on June 27.

His name: cuertise chriestlieb

I can PM anyone his mailing address that is on file.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
if you guys need an outlet to get rid of blacks and are on the Bench check out user ID sinocc.. he buys, sells and trades for all topps blacks. I traded with him before and he's a straight up guy.

Edit.. must be the same guy

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
JVC said:
1st4040 said:
if you guys need an outlet to get rid of blacks and are on the Bench check out user ID sinocc.. he buys, sells and trades for all topps blacks. I traded with him before and he's a straight up guy.

Looks like that "straight up guy" happens to be the same bozo we're talking about (number 179 on the list):

http://www.sportscardfun.com/hall_of_fame.asp

I couldn't remember his name but my trade with him went fine..

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
My mind has been boggled by the connections to sinocc.

I've done one trade with him; I traded Topps Gold cards to him. The trade went by fine; he was slightly slow to ship and we had to tinker with the trade a bit (before sending he realized he didn't have one of the cards). However, I would consider him a fairly good trader. I've been in negotiations with other slow traders who communicate much less than he did - and communication is key for me.

However, the city is exactly the same, and the name sounds slightly familiar as well. I did notice one oddity with him:

He had multiple tradepages for GU/AU, numbered, non-numbered, etc (which is not odd). However, each page was under a different username.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
sinocc is definitely connected to the curtiese christlieb account, as his name is Curtis Christlieb (I searched my old trades on the Bench).

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
It sounds like he is setting high snipes hoping to win them for a low price. When he wins them for too much he doesn't pay.

I made a trade with him on the Bench and everything went fine. But that is going to be my last trade with him.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Sounds like he is trying to corner the market by not allowing any sales above what he wants to pay. If it goes too high then he doesn't pay. Makes the person relist and then repeats with a new ID.

pac213up

Feb 9, 2009
I have dealt with this scumbag many times over the years. When he gets a price he wants he pays and when he doesn't he does not pay. I have reported him in the past and will probably report him again as he just failed to pay up on 2 blacks. ID Used was shadowofdurth - Chriss Chrissttlieb. At this point I do not even take his money when he does pay. I send him a refund. I'm amazed at how many veteran sellers that deal with Topps sell to this guy even though he screws them over time and time again.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Lol, sorry for laughing but this is kind of funny. I assume someone is attempting to get him kicked off the sites he trades on right? Seems like the smart thing to do.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
someone bring the douchnozzle over this way, show him this thread. invite him over to FCB. see if he has the balls to show up.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I know this has to be a pain for the seller, but I couldn't help but laugh. He's pretty persistent in F-ing with people on ebay, and that has to be pretty time consuming. Maybe its a Topps rep trying to get people to keep the cards in thier collections instead of moving them?

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Since he creates new ID every week set your auctions for blacks to a minimum feedback requirement. Anyone less than that has to email you for you to allow them to bid. If someone emails you with a brand new eBay ID tell them to go pound salt.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
I'm confused. I got banned from Ebay one time in 2002 for not paying for several auctions. To get back on I had to get a new email addy, new bank acct #, new debit card #, and new mailing address.

I'm sure Ebay has tightened up security since then

How in the hell can this guy keep creating new accounts?

your right and they ban ip's too.

Members online

Latest posts