Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Blacks WTF!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
They can but doubtful many would be accepted. If you got a 2nd chance offer from someone and the winning bidder was a new, low-FB account, what would you think? If 2COs went back to what the winning bid would've been without the winner, 1 bid increment over 3rd place, then it would be better. Of course, that could be a massive price change, but that's up to the seller to decide.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
I was just checking my past auctions and he got me on a lot of 2011 Topps Parallels. His ID was wellness_isgood
That ID went NARU'd though.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Is anyone here a Bench member also? If so, this thread should be shared with them, too. See what he has to say for himself.

Metsfan75

Jan 25, 2009
Same guy bought my Tulo Black for $34. Tried contacting him several times and no response. Guess ill do a second chance offer

bja613

Jan 6, 2009
Norman, OK
I have sold tons of Topps Blacks on eBay, but as store listings so I haven't encountered this guy. However, he does low ball offers on the ones I have listed on COMC. I just let the offer stay open to hold the funds out of his account because he never counters for more than his initial offer. It definitely sounds like he is trying to set the market.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
bja613 said:
I have sold tons of Topps Blacks on eBay, but as store listings so I haven't encountered this guy. However, he does low ball offers on the ones I have listed on COMC. I just let the offer stay open to hold the funds out of his account because he never counters for more than his initial offer. It definitely sounds like he is trying to set the market.

If this guy were trying to set the market he'd probably use multiple IDs to bid up the action. Looking at the account given in this thread, he's obviously not doing that. I recognize some of his (legitimate) opposition being the second highest bidder, I agree with Boomo in that he's just in his own little world, his actions likely depressing the market if anything.

ronzo

Sep 8, 2008
Stroudsburg, PA
uniquebaseballcards said:
bja613 said:

If this guy were trying to set the market he'd probably use multiple IDs to bid up the action. Looking at the account given in this thread, he's obviously not doing that. I recognize some of his (legitimate) opposition being the second highest bidder, I agree with Boomo in that he's just in his own little world, his actions likely depressing the market if anything.

If he's also sending offers on COMC I'd think he's mainly looking for steals. Snipe every single auction that comes up and pay for the ones that he gets a steal on, forget the rest.

Of course it's still insane.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
ronzo said:
bja613 said:

If he's also sending offers on COMC I'd think he's mainly looking for steals. Snipe every single auction that comes up and pay for the ones that he gets a steal on, forget the rest.

that's what i don't get. if he's looking for steals...why not just snipe every card with what he's willing to pay to make it a steal? why snipe outrageous prices for each one and only pay for the one he chooses....

chiefer77

Mar 10, 2010
Ogdensburg, New York
markakis8 said:
ronzo said:
bja613 said:

that's what i don't get. if he's looking for steals...why not just snipe every card with what he's willing to pay to make it a steal? why snipe outrageous prices for each one and only pay for the one he chooses....

Logic is lost on some people.

It's still a dick move on his part. He's wasting a ton of peoples time and effort, not that it's overly hard to list on ebay. It's the principle of the matter I guess.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
markakis8 said:
ronzo said:
bja613 said:

Because he doesn't want other people to win even if they are willing to pay more than him. Like I said...*********.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If I was a still a member of the bench I would show him this thread and dare him to respond. I would also post this thread where ever I could on the forums.

Unfortunately I'm infinitely banned for not sending a Chase Utley Topps base card in a trade....

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
ffgameman said:
Funny thing: On the Bench, he has 206 completed trades with a 5.0 (out of 5) trader rating.
Probably because he gets to negotiate the terms of said trade/purchase. As somebody said before, he pays when it's a price he likes. On the trade forums, if he doesn't like the price, he doesn't agree to a deal. On the auction site, he doesn't have that luxury, and so just goes balls to the wall and backs out when he overbids.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
I just realized he bought one of my cards I have to send today (stupid as i am i listed some stuff over the lock out at Canada Post and sold them for peanuts ::facepalm:: )...

Should i link this thread and invite him to give his views?

Oh, and by the way here was his ID: shadowofdurth

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
sebpoo said:
I just realized he bought one of my cards I have to send today (stupid as i am i listed some stuff over the lock out at Canada Post and sold them for peanuts ::facepalm:: )...

Should i link this thread and invite him to give his views?

Oh, and by the way here was his ID: shadowofdurth

yes do so.

although i have a feeling he won't show his face. he might be slithering across the crowd though.

Members online

Latest posts