Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Blacks WTF!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
VizquelCollector said:
Has anyone called the guy on the phone to ask WTF his deal is? It sounds like a few of your guys have dealt with him, and unless eBay changed the policy you can request his phone number easily.

Something tells me he registers with a bogus phone number to avoid situations like this. I could be wrong though.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
JVC said:
VizquelCollector said:
Has anyone called the guy on the phone to ask WTF his deal is? It sounds like a few of your guys have dealt with him, and unless eBay changed the policy you can request his phone number easily.

Something tells me he registers with a bogus phone number to avoid situations like this. I could be wrong though.

Prob so, but I'm sure you can report this. I also bet that if we could get a list of some of the names and report it, eBay might be a little more careful with anyone with that name?

danimal

Dec 28, 2009
I called him last year and he is a huge chicken ****. He won a black from me for $40 and didnt pay and when i relisted it a week later won it for $8 with a different id and paid. I told him who I was and my user name and he immidiately hung up on me then sent me a message through eBay that he was going to mess with all my auctions and that I was going to be ruined on eBay. So I called him back and this time he actually talked to me we basically just came to an agreement that he would leave my stuff alone or I would send letters to all the courthouses in his area, he is a Chinese translalor and does this for trials. I don't know if me sending letters would accomplish anything but it got him to leave me alone.

bja613

Jan 6, 2009
Norman, OK
I think I'm about to get burned by the fullbright_scholar account. He won 3 of my blacks and when he won he only had 1 feedback. Now he has 24 and all the auctions are topps parallel auctions that include at least one black card. Of course he hasn't paid for the ones he won from me. He has manually marked the auction as payment sent, even though I only accept Paypal. What's weird is I had 5 total blacks for sale, he won the 3 that didn't go for the minimum bid price. So odd.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
bja613 said:
I think I'm about to get burned by the fullbright_scholar account. He won 3 of my blacks and when he won he only had 1 feedback. Now he has 24 and all the auctions are topps parallel auctions that include at least one black card. Of course he hasn't paid for the ones he won from me. He has manually marked the auction as payment sent, even though I only accept Paypal. What's weird is I had 5 total blacks for sale, he won the 3 that didn't go for the minimum bid price. So odd.

Ya, I had three going at the same time and he only won one. But he did pay and used that account.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
JVC said:
VizquelCollector said:

We are in the age of the internetz.....

Curtis Christleib - Alhambra, CA

Both appear to be the same person.

I gotta admit, spokeo and pipl are pretty crazy. lol

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
vwnut13 said:
JVC said:
VizquelCollector said:

We are in the age of the internetz.....

Curtis Christleib - Alhambra, CA

Both appear to be the same person.

I gotta admit, spokeo and pipl are pretty crazy. lol

Care to give him a call? Someone else has already established that the only thing a phone call will result in is threats to ruin your ebay account. I don't think there will be any reasoning with this guy.

bja613

Jan 6, 2009
Norman, OK
The fullbright_scholar account is now "not a registered user". Can't wait to see his next username pop up because eBay won't block his ip address.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
His last account (now NARU'd) was thiswaveneverends. He bought 1 - 2011 black from me at a high price but didn't pay, then won 7 more 2008-2010's on the cheap and paid for them and the 2011 one but shortly after receiving payment I received an email from ebay telling me not to ship due to suspicious activity. So I just refunded his money. What a waste of time.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
How can so many id's get NARU'd and ip's not blocked?

Maybe he is going through proxy servers and hiding his IP from eBay? Computer nerds, is this possible?

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Lancemountain said:
frazzles said:
Lancemountain said:

Maybe he is going through proxy servers and hiding his IP from eBay? Computer nerds, is this possible?

Yes.

In using a proxy, is there no digital trail, or at least one that is legally found?

It doesn't really matter. The point is not determining what his IP address is, but what IP address (of millions) is a proxy generated one masking his true IP address. eBay probably knows his IP address from the first time he registered (before being banned), but to determine whether he was accessing eBay through a proxy, eBay would have to look through the records of thousands of such servers in the off chance that he was using one of them. That's completely impractical, and, to answer your question, infeasible. Whoever runs each server would have access to their respective digital trails, but obviously could not be compelled by a private party (eBay) to turn it over. They could theoretically turn the records over of their own accords, but if not would have to be subpoenaed.

Assuming the pretty much impossible happens and eBay, after pouring countless hours and dollars into investigation, was able to both ban his IP address and keep him from using proxies, he'd just go to a Starbucks. Or a friend's house. Or a library. Or an internet cafe.

pac213up

Feb 9, 2009
LWMM said:
Lancemountain said:
frazzles said:
Lancemountain said:

Yes.

In using a proxy, is there no digital trail, or at least one that is legally found?

It doesn't really matter. The point is not determining what his IP address is, but what IP address (of millions) is a proxy generated one masking his true IP address. eBay probably knows his IP address from the first time he registered (before being banned), but to determine whether he was accessing eBay through a proxy, eBay would have to look through the records of thousands of such servers in the off chance that he was using one of them. That's completely impractical, and, to answer your question, infeasible. Whoever runs each server would have access to their respective digital trails, but obviously could not be compelled by a private party (eBay) to turn it over. They could theoretically turn the records over of their own accords, but if not would have to be subpoenaed.

Assuming the pretty much impossible happens and eBay, after pouring countless hours and dollars into investigation, was able to both ban his IP address and keep him from using proxies, he'd just go to a Starbucks. Or a friend's house. Or a library. Or an internet cafe.

It would probably be much easier to link him to his Paypal information which would change far less frequently. Ebay should simply ban what ever Paypal account(s) he tries to use.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
pac213up said:
It would probably be much easier to link him to his Paypal information which would change far less frequently. Ebay should simply ban what ever Paypal account(s) he tries to use.

Yeah, I agree; Paypal requires bank/cc info, which is certainly changeable, but requires more effort to do so.

I wonder also about his physical address? eBay should have that stored, and that shouldn't change from account to account, even if he uses a fake name. Moving or acquiring a new physical address, even if just a PO box, obviously takes much more expensive and effort than changing an email and getting a new cc. The problem with banning physical addresses, of course, is touched on above: people move. But temporary bans on physical address, even for just a few months, is an interesting thought.

Members online

Latest posts