Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Blacks WTF!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Slette said:
bigpops65 said:
He's back and won 5 of my auctions tonight. Can't wait for eBay to suspend his account this week and I have to relist these again.

canitbethiseasy ([email protected])

Not that this guy isn't a complete mo, but I seem to remember when he was called out on this, he told everyone that if he ever won one of their auctions, he would send a money order (something about PayPal giving him problems). You may get lucky if you contact him and give him a mailing address to send an MO. Hard saying, because his crappy track record is fairly well documented, but hopefully this works out for you.

I don't see it working out for me, as this is the FIFTH time he has won the same three Topps black cards from me, and hasn't attempted to pay yet. Of course, the final price has dwindled from +$5 per to now .99. And eBay will do nothing, per usual.

cvn66

Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, Wa
bigpops65 said:
Slette said:
bigpops65 said:
He's back and won 5 of my auctions tonight. Can't wait for eBay to suspend his account this week and I have to relist these again.

canitbethiseasy ([email protected])

Not that this guy isn't a complete mo, but I seem to remember when he was called out on this, he told everyone that if he ever won one of their auctions, he would send a money order (something about PayPal giving him problems). You may get lucky if you contact him and give him a mailing address to send an MO. Hard saying, because his crappy track record is fairly well documented, but hopefully this works out for you.

I don't see it working out for me, as this is the FIFTH time he has won the same three Topps black cards from me, and hasn't attempted to pay yet. Of course, the final price has dwindled from +$5 per to now .99. And eBay will do nothing, per usual.

He is now using id lambasted. The auctions closed this morning and I have a feeling I should just file the NPB now instead of waiting

petesahuttt

Sep 15, 2010
I'd suggest everyone just sell their Topps Blacks as BIN with best offer option, keep the BIN high and just research this thread before accepting offers. Wouldn't that keep him off your blacks?
And he is a tool, I had fun reading this thread though :)
I also enjoyed how he bashed tntnorthj :lol:

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Bumping an old thread, just letting everyone know this guy is still at it.

Newest Ebay ID: thiswasalesson

Churtis Churistlieb
Alhambra CA 91802
United States

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Update: as of today he has been banned from The Bench.

Not sure if it's because of his actions on ebay or because he sent me several abusive emails after I let him know in a calm and civil manner privately that I wouldn't be trading with him again because of his ebay issues. And those were only reported to a mod of the site to clear my name after he reported me for being abusive when nothing could be further from the truth.

He seemed to be a trustworthy trader on that site and I made a few trades with him myself...not sure why he would bring mods into it when he was the one being abusive and doing bad stuff off-site. I think it's evident his mind works in interesting ways.

Since I only very very rarely sell on ebay I don't have to worry about him screwing with my auctions. If he makes any threats against me I will post it up as further information in this thread.

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
Update: as of today he has been banned from The Bench.

Not sure if it's because of his actions on ebay or because he sent me several abusive emails after I let him know in a calm and civil manner privately that I wouldn't be trading with him again because of his ebay issues. And those were only reported to a mod of the site to clear my name after he reported me for being abusive when nothing could be further from the truth.

He seemed to be a trustworthy trader on that site and I made a few trades with him myself...not sure why he would bring mods into it when he was the one being abusive and doing bad stuff off-site. I think it's evident his mind works in interesting ways.

Since I only very very rarely sell on ebay I don't have to worry about him screwing with my auctions. If he makes any threats against me I will post it up as further information in this thread.

I was just browsing this thread and knew that I remembered that name from somewhere! I've traded with him before @ The Bench..... :(
I won't be dealing with him again.

danimal

Dec 28, 2009
I have his name, address and phone number somewhere. He messed with a ton of my auctions 2 years ago and I found all his contact info with just a couple Google searches. He is a Chinese Language court translator in CA so his contact information is in the public domain and easily accessible. He about shat himself when I called and could tell he was an internet tough guy on the phone he was all stutters and yes sirs.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Approximately how many IDs has this fool made? It has got to be at least a couple dozen by now. Anyone keeping track?

And for those that have done so, how easy is it to set up multiple accounts? From what I can see, ol' Curtis just keeps bastardizing his name over and over. Is he using the same credit card info each time, and just changing his name and email address?

Last edited:

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
I'm surprised he's doing this as he seemed like an honest guy. I made a few trades with him on The Bench for a couple duplicate Topps Blacks I needed for my player collection and never encountered a problem. I even went out of my way to acquire a few that he needed through other trades. Too bad.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I've actually had pretty good success with him paying. I had heard all the horror stories, and got into it with him at first, but then just stayed out of the drama and sent him invoices and he paid.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts