Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Redemption FAIL!!! This will be sent back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I just posted about a very successful redemption mailday, but I wanted to keep the failed one separate. Overall, I have been VERY lucky and successful with Topps and what they send back with redemptions, with most of them being the exact card I redeemed. I pulled a Hunter Pence jumbo patch redemption autograph /10 that I was patiently waiting for. Here is the redemption card and an example of what part of the set it was supposed to come from:

2012 Museum Collection Hunter Pence jumbo relic autograph /10:
DDD4C4DE-9FDD-4B2E-B6A2-28BAE0A45D5B.jpg

Here is what the card should look like (I own the Felix) and here is a link to an ebay listing showing the complete set (minus the Pence):
Link to the set: 2012 Museum Set Jeter Posey Cano Trout Kershaw Gwynn Auto Jersey Logo Patch RC | eBay

What the card should look like:
Untitled3.jpg

What I received:
C2B028DC-D6DF-4DB8-9D77-6EE39564F02F.jpg

Definitely not what I think should be a fair replacement, especially as I DID NOT have a chance to wait for the card to be created nor did Topps ask me if it was okay to send any type of redemption let alone without asking what I would prefer.

I will be sending this back with a nice and respectful letter to Topps. Hopefully I will be sent something more fair in return which I will update here with the outcome.

Thanks for reading everyone and comments always appreciated :)

Alex

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Wow on the replacement attempt and wow that someone put the set together sans Pence. Good luck Alex

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
Hunter Pence is not a difficult signature to obtain. I'm not even sure why Topps had a problem.

Probably the cost to create the card for a guy like Pence was probably the bigger issue. Simply lazy by Topps. A STICKER auto redemption should always be fulfilled.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Probably the cost to create the card for a guy like Pence was probably the bigger issue.

There are a good amount of guys in that set that were built that are "a guy like Pence" Not everyone in the set is a superstar

No excuse to not have this made or at least replaced properly

mmyers1978

Dec 24, 2013
That is a load of crap. I don't know how high end set collector's get anything accomplished with fails such as this occurring.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Thanks a ton for the comments so far fellas! I'll definitely keep this thread updated if/when Topps returns something.

I would have been happy with that card as a replacement...

Could you expand a bit on why you would be happy with this replacement? If Topps sent me a Felix Hernandez card from the same home made set, and if you don't know I am a HUGE Felix Hernandez collector, I would still not be happy with the replacement. The card I pulled was for a jumbo patch autograph /10, not a home made card /50 let alone not even the respect of being asked if I wanted a replacement or not.

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
I have a question. Does anyone know or have the # I can call Topps to find out about 2 redemption cards I have been waiting for since july 2012. I think I should call but don't have a number thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I have a question. Does anyone know or have the # I can call Topps to find out about 2 redemption cards I have been waiting for since july 2012. I think I should call but don't have a number thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

There is a telephone number and an address listed in the letter shown in the picture with the David Wright card. I'd say give those a shot :)

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Alex - You know I am familiar with this fiasco. I was due a dual auto patch /10 of Kershaw/Ethier from Topps Five Star. And they sent me a dual homemade Alex Rodriguez/Big Papi card not even numbered. I was SOOO PISSED!! They will not take your card back by the way.

Members online

Latest posts