Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Redemption FAIL!!! This will be sent back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
The girl I spoke said if I send it back to the address it was sent from they would just send it back to me. So this is why I made my statement. Were any of yours this manufactured crap?

All were frankencard. Plus they were always replaced with something from the list that u provided in my letter of explanation.

So you kept the dual and received the Machado?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yea, that just isn't wright! Epic fail!

*See what I did there ;)

Alex - Good luck in your quest. What a mess of a system they have. That set is just amazing and I'm PISSED Belle was on that didn't have a premium piece in it... first sign Topps was phasing him out due to no more memo pieces, etc.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
All were frankencard. Plus they were always replaced with something from the list that u provided in my letter of explanation.

So you kept the dual and received the Machado?

Yes I have both cards. Although I can not remember if I sold the dual or not. But I do have the Machado for sale.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
This is the kind of thing that happens when you have the only MLB license. Thay have adopted a take-it-or-leave-it attitude.
I hope you're able to get something thta you actually want.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I personally think there needs to be a class action suit brought by a group of folks in the same boat as you.

You should contact user NeedChapmans on Blowout. He could probably provide you with some insight as well. He is actually suing Topps in small claims court for the lack of a suitable redemption replacement. I know might seem silly to some bit Topps won't change without getting deep hits into their pocketbook. People need to start taking a stand instead of bending over.

It's funny because we see so many complaints of this type... Imagine how many people really are getting screwed over, especially when you consider our members are just a very small segment of the collecting community.

What kills me is everyone just keeps buying this stuff!

Buying high end Topps products just seems like a really dumb move nowadays and has been for some time. Far too many unmade redemptions.

I'm not trying to turn this into a leaf thread, but my God, Topps could learn something by following Leaf's model of 1) using redemptions sparingly 2) making the redemption process somewhat interesting (offering some sort of excitement of getting more than one card or a low number parallel) 3) actually fulfilling the redemption quickly 4) not offering an item as a redemption when there isn't even a contract in place with the athlete 5) taking care of a disgruntled customer quickly and fairly - understanding that the customer experience is what matters!

Anyway, that's my take on it. People just taking care of themselves through an individual effort probably won't result in any changes to their business practices.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Alex - You know I am familiar with this fiasco. I was due a dual auto patch /10 of Kershaw/Ethier from Topps Five Star. And they sent me a dual homemade Alex Rodriguez/Big Papi card not even numbered. I was SOOO PISSED!! They will not take your card back by the way.

They didn't replace that replacement?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
What if you send this back and then you get nothing in return and they do nothing and act stupid? What would you do? Honestly, who would you call or what would you do? I feel like dealing with Topps is like dealing with an underground group with no recourse.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
How about a signed petition to MLB as to what frustrates us collectors with the single license and redemption process? Maybe put a bug in their ear?

Members online

Latest posts